Wolves v Fulham

Chelsea v Watford

Man City v Leicester

Leicester v Chelsea

Liverpool v Wolves

Tottenham v Everton

Watford v West Ham

My predictions: 

Everton draw at Palace, beat Burnley, lose to Tottenham = 53 points.

Watford beat Southampton and West Ham, draw with Wolves, lose to Chelsea = 56 points.

Leicester beat Arsenal, lose to City, draw with Chelsea = 52 points.

Wolves draw with Arsenal and Watford, beat Fulham and lose to Liverpool = 53 points.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We're out of it for me. Bookies make us 16/1 outsiders and they aren't wrong to. We're 9th now and have the worst run in.

If we were any good at home to rubbish we'd not only have gotten 7th but we'd probably be nearer to 6th than 8th. Losing at home to Palace, Cardiff, Southampton and Newcastle is criminal.

Rando's predictions sum it up to me. A scenario that sees us twice taking points from top six sides and we still come 10th.

I'm disappointed from a fans point of view but I don't think we're properly ready for it yet. Every time I think there's depth in our squad I'm given a rude awakening.

I think Everton will get it. I'd say Leicester out of optimism that they beat City, but their run in is pretty tough. But ultimately I think it'll be between Watford and Everton and I just think Everton will edge them out - no real reason why.

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Watford drop off a little bit now, with them starting to have one eye on the FA Cup Final and with games against Wolves, Chelsea and West Ham left, it wouldn’t be a shock if they won just one of those three games. 

Wolves have tough games in Arsenal, Liverpool and Watford but should be beating Fulham. If they come out of the Arsenal and Liverpool games with two or more points, they’ll be a threat, I think. 

Everton’s Away form has been sketchy this year but you’d think Palace would “have their flip flops on” now they’re safe, so they’ve got to be looking at that as a win, the same can be said of Burnley, who are safe but Tottenham is a tough one and probably depends on whether they’re in the Champions League Final or not, as I could see them putting all their eggs in one basket.  

Leicester have easily the worst run in and it would be a massive shock to see them do it with the games they have. 

14 hours ago, Dan said:

I wouldn't totally put it past us to get something at Man City.

You definitely can. But you also have to play Arsenal and Chelsea. That’s a tough run in and while I think you can get points from these fixtures - and I don’t think you’ll lose all 3 by any stretch. I just think it’s harder for you to end the season with enough points to keep up with the other contenders for 7th

• Subscriber

Watfords draw with Southampton takes two points off my projection for them but that still leaves them on 54. If we can get a win instead of a draw at Crystal Palace then we could be in the box seat for the first time since November depending on other results.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

My favourite part about this thread is that when it was made, Brighton were close enough to being in the mix to be in the poll.

Great candidate for 'this didn't age well' thread... 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

So Wolves have done it then, haven’t they? I don’t remember how many points everyone has left, but I think Wolves cant be caught with 3 points now

Leicester can still get them if they beat City and Chelsea and Wolves lose to Liverpool.

• Subscriber

Yeah if we get 7th then Liverpool have won the league xD it's a very simple situation now. Wolves are basically there.

I don't think we deserve it anyway. We have finished the season very well and I am very excited for next year, but the fact is we haven't been good enough for most of the season again.

• Subscriber

That's that. Wolves have guaranteed 7th place now after Leicester's defeat tonight.

An impressive feat for a newly-promoted club, even if they've been much better-equipped than most newly-promoted clubs we've seen in recent years due to some external assistance. However, the fact remains that adapting to this league isn't easy and a lot of credit has to go to their manager and their squad. 7th place is obviously no trophy but this season I don't think you can expect anything better from any sides outside the top six and they coupled it with a great run in the FA Cup. They will wait to see how the FA Cup final goes to confirm whether they or Watford will take the last spot in the Europa League next season.

Everton and Leicester will go into the last game to decide who gets 8th. Leicester need to beat Chelsea and Everton need to lose to Tottenham if Leicester are to get 8th. Leicester could also slip from 9th to 10th if Watford beat West Ham and they fail to beat Chelsea. The Watford-West Ham game will decide which one of those teams finish higher. If West Ham can win at Watford, they will take the final spot in the top half from their opponents.

Next season I fully expect Wolves, Everton and Leicester to give a much better go at getting near the top six. Everton and Leicester are both heading in the right direction and are probably only a couple of key signings away from becoming a real threat. If Wolves do make it into the Europa League group stage, that could complicate their league campaign but I think if we see the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United having a season as disappointing as they have this time, there could be more than one team creeping up behind them ready to threaten their spot in the top six.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

An impressive feat for a newly-promoted club, even if they've been much better-equipped than most newly-promoted clubs we've seen in recent years due to some external assistance.

Just goes to show you what a newly-promoted side can achieve when it's got serious foreign investment and a dodgy deal with a super agent.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Just goes to show you what a newly-promoted side can achieve when it's got serious foreign investment and a dodgy deal with a super agent.

Yeah I imagine if they dare to gatecrash the top six party then the media will suddenly be all over these aspects of their success.

They still deserve credit though, QPR came up with major backing years ago and were an embarrassing shambles. Fulham, too, spent a nine-figure sum of money this summer and didn't deliver on it.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah I imagine if they dare to gatecrash the top six party then the media will suddenly be all over these aspects of their success.

They still deserve credit though, QPR came up with major backing years ago and were an embarrassing shambles. Fulham, too, spent a nine-figure sum of money this summer and didn't deliver on it.

Yeah I'm actually quite pleased that Fulham looked utter dogshite after spending all that money. I wish something similar happened with Wolves tbh, but they were much smarter about their recruitment. And their manager is much better imo, so they absolutely deserve some credit.

But not too much credit, yeah they were just promoted but they've got better resources than basically all of the bottom half. Especially with one of the most prominent agents in football working for them.

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I'm actually quite pleased that Fulham looked utter dogshite after spending all that money. I wish something similar happened with Wolves tbh, but they were much smarter about their recruitment. And their manager is much better imo, so they absolutely deserve some credit.

But not too much credit, yeah they were just promoted but they've got better resources than basically all of the bottom half. Especially with one of the most prominent agents in football working for them.

Yep, I still think it's proper dodgy when they sign players like Moutinho for £5m. Monaco would surely demand more money than that so I imagine they're getting it from somewhere. Whole thing just stinks. At some point they'll cross the line with it though and the FA will outlaw whatever the relationship between the club and the agent currently is.

• Subscriber

I honestly think both us and Everton can feel in a way like we've blown an opportunity. Not quite as badly as last year but we've both dropped so many attainable points. Wolves have as well but they've been extraordinarily good against the top sides for a newly promoted side, and as a result deserve to be where they are.

I don't think they're going away. In-fact I expect them, us and Everton to all get better, and I think the situations at Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea should excite all of us.

• Subscriber
On 11/05/2019 at 19:53, Dan said:

I honestly think both us and Everton can feel in a way like we've blown an opportunity. Not quite as badly as last year but we've both dropped so many attainable points. Wolves have as well but they've been extraordinarily good against the top sides for a newly promoted side, and as a result deserve to be where they are.

I don't think they're going away. In-fact I expect them, us and Everton to all get better, and I think the situations at Manchester United, Arsenal and Chelsea should excite all of us.

If the three sides started next season with the exact same squads and managers I reckon both of us would finish above Wolves. We've spent most of the season adapting to a stylistic overhaul and you lot had a managerial change and a generally turbulent season. Arguably a missed opportunity, also very nice timing for Wolves to come up with a stable team and everything in place under their manager.

I agree that there will be a bit of a break off next season. Wolves, Everton and Leicester will probably put a bit of distance between themselves and the Watford, Bournemouth, West Ham group.

Congrats to Wolves for lifting the coveted trophy in their inaugural season back.

Hell of an effort by Nuno and his team and thoroughly deserved.

20190506_232845.thumb.jpg.bfbb09189945c103e6732d14c75b804a.jpg

But no one goes home empty handed on this watch...

So without further ado, please give it up for Everton...

240_F_165856928_XOIj0BE51vDgapwTSp32W4ru5na5MeSk.jpg.9f2d76c5d7a89b4418d0bbc6a923dae7.jpg

...and Leicester City!

20190506_233004.thumb.jpg.ac62929df8759e9c6fcaba61cfde683c.jpg

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Lucas said:

Congrats to Wolves for lifting the coveted trophy in their inaugural season back.

Hell of an effort by Nuno and his team and thoroughly deserved.

20190506_232845.thumb.jpg.bfbb09189945c103e6732d14c75b804a.jpg

But no one goes home empty handed on this watch...

So without further ado, please give it up for Everton...

240_F_165856928_XOIj0BE51vDgapwTSp32W4ru5na5MeSk.jpg.9f2d76c5d7a89b4418d0bbc6a923dae7.jpg

...and Leicester City!

20190506_233004.thumb.jpg.ac62929df8759e9c6fcaba61cfde683c.jpg

Lovely stuff. Think we've got a parade arranged to celebrate :D

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Lovely stuff. Think we've got a parade arranged to celebrate :D

Rumour has it, West Ham wanted one for 10th but aren't happy it's more expensive.

Quibbling over the price I believe, given they have to pay for two digits on their trophy.

Archived