• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Indian Super League

football forum

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Don't follow the main league. Never have. 

I follow the ISL, which Mel and AMG explained is like IPL, and being from Mumbai I support the Mumbai. Have even gone to the stadium in the last couple of seasons. We are doing good for a change this season. 

Damn!

Should have known.

I was in Mumbai recently.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Eco said:

Mumbai City FC vs. FC Goa is coming on in an hour, and is actually being shown on ESPN+, so I figured I'll watch it and see what's the ISL is like. 

If you had to guess who would you say is going to win this one?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 25/01/2019 at 23:57, Eco said:

I read the Wiki page on the ISL, and it said that it's model is similar to that of the MLS in terms of just expansion and no promotion/relegation. 

I almost gagged. 

One day, I'd love to hear your thoughts on why you think India hasn't done better with football. They seem ripe for it. 

https://khelnow.com/news/article/indian-football-2019-us-football-in-same-situation-reforms-i-league-isl-mls

• 6 months later...
  • Subscriber
4 hours ago, nudge said:

A good read (and a related podcast) about the reform in the Indian football: https://www.theasiangame.net/light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel-for-indian-football/ So finally a clearer hierarchy and a workable pyramid system with promotion/relegation in place from 2024/25. Hope it works out for you.

I just want Goa to lift an ISL trophy before they do the merger and cause more pandemonium and chaos with how its organized. I've never truly understood the direction of the ISL and how they went about structuring teams in it but if they have a plan to bring it all under one umbrella with a promotion system then I suppose its a start. Where we go from there and how good we get competitively across Asia is where I want to see all this get better.

Archived