talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Spurs New Stadium or Yours?

football forum

The new Spurs stadium is being touted as the most innovative football stadium built, and whilst it's brand spanking new some people are already saying it's the best stadium in the country....and better than most abroad.

Assuming you could clean up certain stadiums after an owners neglect, would you want their new stadium over yours? Or even over other stadiums. What stadiums in England and Europe would you prefer to have from what you know so far?

Their stadium does look fancy but I'm not sure it looks better than St. James' Park, though SJP has the benefit of having football matches played in it already.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Yeah but ours isn't exactly anything special as it stands. Ours was built at a time when nobody seemed to have any imagination when building them.

Ours will look very different in the next three years though and it's worth keeping an eye on.

20 minutes ago, Dan said:

Yeah but ours isn't exactly anything special as it stands. Ours was built at a time when nobody seemed to have any imagination when building them.

Ours will look very different in the next three years though and it's worth keeping an eye on.

Yeah I mean we're having a 17250 built and whilst I'm looking forward to it....you can't really compare the two xD Hence why I mentioned other stadiums as well.

Yours is mundane, like you say built at a time without imagination. The new build was "exciting" in itself. I'll be interested to see how yours turns out.Other stadiums that fall into that mundane category that have tried to do a bit more than just one single tier are the Riverside, Stadium of Light, iPro...the Emirates as well.

I don't like them, but Fulham have done a good job of upgrading Craven Cottage without losing it's identity. Good stadium to watch football in, good away day. I say it often but West London has great stadiums for the levels the clubs are at. I just hope our new stadium doesn't fuck that up.

I've not been but Elland Road seems a bit take it or leave it. Not been to Brighton's new stadium but it looks soulless. I hate the look of the walls inside the Amex that are above the seating area or to the sides, Cardiff City stadium has it as well and it just looks naff.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

All of the traditional stadiums are better, these new stadiums are cancer  ..white hart lane was much better

I wouldn't go as far as saying they're a cancer but the traditional stadiums are a million times better, for atmosphere if not for anything else. 

The aesthetics of new(er) stadiums is phenomenonal, however. Technology takes centre stage these days, too. One new stadium I really want to go to and experience, whether its for football or NFL, is Atlanta's. Looks unreal from what you see on TV. I'm glad I'll get a chance to go to Spurs new ground in its infancy in October next year for the NFL there. It looks fantastic. 

7 hours ago, Stan said:

I wouldn't go as far as saying they're a cancer but the traditional stadiums are a million times better, for atmosphere if not for anything else. 

The aesthetics of new(er) stadiums is phenomenonal, however. Technology takes centre stage these days, too. One new stadium I really want to go to and experience, whether its for football or NFL, is Atlanta's. Looks unreal from what you see on TV. I'm glad I'll get a chance to go to Spurs new ground in its infancy in October next year for the NFL there. It looks fantastic. 

The Merc stadium looks interesting but id like a little more day light shinning in 

• 1 month later...

I had a look at this on Monday when I was in the area and it does look very impressive. It completely dominates the high road and seems about twice the size of WHL. I didn't realise that it also covered the area of the old ground as the last time I saw it was when it was being built alongside WHL. It was also an excuse to have a cheeky Chick King.

I'd still take Old Trafford over any ground though just for the personal memories and the part it's played in the history of United.

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

I had a look at this on Monday when I was in the area and it does look very impressive. It completely dominates the high road and seems about twice the size of WHL. I didn't realise that it also covered the area of the old ground as the last time I saw it was when it was being built alongside WHL. It was also an excuse to have a cheeky Chick King.

I'd still take Old Trafford over any ground though just for the personal memories and the part it's played in the history of United.

Old Trafford was one stadium I've been to (and toured) and immediately you can feel the history of it course through your body even before you go in. You think of all the moments in history you can fit in before getting in and even then there could be so more. Real nostalgia and that's just me as an away fan, let alone a home fan who goes Utd week in week out or is actually a supporter of the club who gets to feel that regularly.

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Salford Kel said:

Liked just for Chick King :x

Archived