talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most Talented Football Nations

football forum

Lets take a look at the title and ignore completeness. Just TALENT.

I'll give an example of what I mean. Peru churns out a lot of talent but they don't have mental strength and sometimes the physique to cut it in Europe. On the other hand, Australians have the latter 2 but not the talent.

If you get where I'm going with this, we can begin.

I have a top 5, but I'd like for you all to give an opinion and not just focus on my list. Seems to always bloody happen whenever I make some of these threads.

1. Brazil

I think this is the obvious choice. At least when it comes to fullbacks and wingers, they churn out player after player that has insane dribbling skills and great technique. 

2. Japan/Korea

A bit of a controversial choice, but I genuinely do think they are full of players as talented as Son or Inui. The problem is the same that everything pinpoints - they are naive and aren't that powerful. However I do genuinely believe that assembling a team full of these and they have the ability to do magic depending on the manager. Just look at the past World Cup.

3. Colombia

Similar to Brazil really. Insane dribbling skills, technique and speed with most of them. Ironically the most talented players aren't on the national team. Except maybe Cuadrado and James, no one is supremely talented. There is a lot of them though.

4. Spain

It's not for nothing that Spain's talent pool is stacked. This is mostly due to them having insane technique which is why they decide to develop tiki taka as their NT trademark play. The only reason they aren't higher up is because of how I define talent. In this case, they are slower than the others.

5. France

Pretty much all of Africa is listed within here, a continent with immense talent and physique but not much brains. The only reason they are lower is because not everyone is French. Sure a lot of them were born in France but not EVERYONE.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Blue said:

Lets take a look at the title and ignore completeness. Just TALENT.

I'll give an example of what I mean. Peru churns out a lot of talent but they don't have mental strength and sometimes the physique to cut it in Europe. On the other hand, Australians have the latter 2 but not the talent.

If you get where I'm going with this, we can begin.

I have a top 5, but I'd like for you all to give an opinion and not just focus on my list. Seems to always bloody happen whenever I make some of these threads.

You can't create content and not expect debate about your own opinion either :D 

Just now, Stan said:

You can't create content and not expect debate about your own opinion either :D 

I know, but some seem to only focus on my list, which gets annoying sometimes xD

12 minutes ago, Blue said:

I know, but some seem to only focus on my list, which gets annoying sometimes xD

I don't know how many people will be able to analyse (with knowledge) while dissecting countries from all over the world especially different continents.  I know I can't that's for sure.  That's why you're gonna find members probably putting you to question and judging your selections.

You've explained your options pretty well although very briefly and especially with the more controversial one being Japan/Korea which nobody will dispute that they've come a long way in recent times, but to have them that high up producing elite talent is very questionable.

But because I haven't got the knowledge aside from more well known players outside Europe (I'm pretty capable with South America), then I can't produce my own list where I would feel it's credible enough.  I'd have to be a pretty good scout!

2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Japan Korea are overrated by the West for obvious reasons especially Japan even we used to beat them in the 60s 70s. Iran is the most talented and passionate nation in Asia.

What obvious reasons are they rated by the Europeans?

I would also add Iraq with Iran on football passion in that specific region.

2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Japan Korea are overrated by the West for obvious reasons especially Japan even we used to beat them in the 60s 70s. Iran is the most talented and passionate nation in Asia.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for knowing more about Asian football than me, but I say Japan/Korea because of how they can assemble teams that can beat anyone because they have the talent, but not the physique or the mentality. 

Just now, SirBalon said:

What obvious reasons are they rated by the Europeans?

I would also add Iraq with Iran on football passion in that specific region.

I've heard a lot of people say here and at the old forum that the only nations from Asia that can win the World Cup are Japan and Korea and if we go by natural talent and passion than Iran is the clear shout

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I don't know how many people will be able to analyse (with knowledge) while dissecting countries from all over the world especially different continents.  I know I can't that's for sure.  That's why you're gonna find members probably putting you to question and judging your selections.

Youve explained your options pretty well although very briefly and especially with the more controversial one Bing Japan/Korea which nobody will dispute that they've come a long way in recent times, but to have them that high up producing elite talent is very questionable.

But because I haven't got the knowledge aside from more well known players outside Europe (I'm pretty capable with South America), then I can't produce my own list where I would feel it's credible enough.  I'd have to be a pretty good scout!

Yeah. Japan and Korea don't produce elite talent that often, but they are damn talented. I will give them that. It's like in my Peru. There is no doubt world class talent here, but they are so weak and mentally fragile that their balance is practically non-existent. Hence making them talented players, but not exactly "quality".

1 minute ago, Blue said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for knowing more about Asian football than me, but I say Japan/Korea because of how they can assemble teams that can beat anyone because they have the talent, but not the physique or the mentality. 

Google Iranian football team from the 70s.

Just now, Azeem said:

I've heard a lot of people say here and at the old forum that the only nations from Asia that can win the World Cup are Japan and Korea and if we go by natural talent and passion than Iran is the clear shout

Although Iran are officially in that football confederation, people don't count them from that region (Asia) because they think extreme east.

So you're saying that the obvious reason for people thinking about Japan and Korea is because they're more prominent in participating and doing OK in World Cups?  That in itself is a valid reason I would say.

Anyway... I agree with you that Iran (I have also added Iraq who have Infact had more talented teams in the past than Iran) are very passionate football followers... Infact the whole of the a Middle East are.  But nobody can deny that both Japan and the Republic of Korea have come a long way and you only have to look where their top players are plying their trade. We're not seeing the same thing occurring at the top levels with Iran.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Although Iran are officially in that football confederation, people don't count them from that region (Asia) because they think extreme east.

So you're saying that the obvious reason for people thinking about Japan and Korea is because they're more prominent in participating and doing OK in World Cups?  That in itself is a valid reason I would say.

Anyway... I agree with you that Iran (I have also added Iraq who have Infact had more talented teams in the past than Iran) are very passionate football followers... Infact the whole of the a Middle East are.  But nobody can deny that both Japan and the Republic of Korea have come a long way and you only have to look where their top players are plying their trade. We're not seeing the same thing occurring at the top levels with Iran.

I believe this thread is about all time history ? If so i would put Spain above Italy right now but overall Spain is even below Netherlands for me. 

This thread is all time history, but I would say present day Japan and Korea has produced more talent than Iran. However, again my opinion compared to Azeems should be taken with a pinch of salt. I do know about Asian football but I'm not an expert.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

This thread is all time history, but I would say present day Japan and Korea has produced more talent than Iran. However, again my opinion compared to Azeems should be taken with a pinch of salt. I do know about Asian football but I'm not an expert.

Richer countries, professional setup and a long term planning for the sport. Hard work > Talent 

Just now, Azeem said:

I believe this thread is about all time history ? If so i would put Spain above Italy right now but overall Spain is even below Netherlands for me. 

If it was history then there's no doubt Itlaly would be above Spain on performance.  Curious you want to attack Spain when we were both talking about Iran and the Asian Football Confederation.  Didn't know Spain could be included in that...

As for the Netherlands when Spain is joint top with Germany on 3 European Championships and has won a World Cup when the Netherlands hasn't... Well where you're looking to go... Hmmm...

Actually from the very first post on this thread I caught you as I've been observing with other posts today.  It's not clever mate, it's actually foolish but I'm actually a nice guy and I don't have anything against you.

Blue has assembled a list of the talent NOW! PRSENTLY! and what's more... He's also talking about raw talent as is obvious to observe in what he's written.

So... Aside from Iran of the 1970s... Where is Iran developing as much if not more talent than Japan and Korea in that football confederation?

Let's keep it on topic mate.  And leave your prejudices to one side or slow down on the cha.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

If it's all time (which makes it even more difficult), then Argentina come way before Japan and Korea.  Infact it can't be done apart from the obvious one of Brazil.  You have to go on timelines mate because a historical one is impossible and most people here won't know where to go with that.

Japan and Korea can't be up there historically.  It's impossible!  Although in saying that, Iran comes nowhere in that note.

3 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Richer countries, professional setup and a long term planning for the sport. Hard work > Talent 

More organised countries. The rich part is there for debate and what we're basing financial clout on.  So what you're saying is that indeed Japan and Korea produce more because they're more organised and tend to have stability.

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

If it was history then there's no doubt Itlaly would be above Spain on performance.  Curious you want to attack Spain when we were both talking about Iran and the Asian Football Confederation.  Didn't know Spain could be included in that...

As for the Netherlands when Spain is joint top with Germany on 3 European Championships and has won a World Cup when the Netherlands hasn't... Well where you're looking to go... Hmmm...

Actually from the very first post on this thread I caught you as I've been observing with other posts today.  It's not clever mate, it's actually foolish but I'm actually a nice guy and I don't have anything against you.

Let's keep it on topic mate.  And leave your prejudices to one side or slow down on the cha.

xD

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Sorry, but if it's all time, wouldn't it be down to Brasil, Germany, and Italy? 

And Argentina!

From there it's upto each individual to situate (after Brazil) who comes in what place.  Because I think I'm right in assuming we're talking about individual talent and not the success of each nation.

Archived