talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Most Talented Football Nations

football forum

13 minutes ago, Azeem said:

France is leading in Europe and World right now.

From Asia Japan is preparing their U23s for the Olympics and the current Japanese coach was in fact in charge of the U23s before so if he stays and the youth come up to the top level they can have a really fun generation of players.

Argentina in South America, club scene in Argentina is far better than Brazil which i think would make a clear gap between the two in future.

Tbf Argentine clubs are only better because they have better management. There are better players in Brazil but the managers are awful. Why do you think Brazil struggles so much at an international stage?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also @SirBalon you are and always be a mate to me on here, but be careful when getting into the religion subject. For some people it is like what sport is to us, and I understand it can get annoying but I don't think Azeem said anything wrong. He is just proud and that's it.

Just be careful is all. I value Azeem well here just as I do to you.

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Tbf Argentine clubs are only better because they have better management. There are better players in Brazil but the managers are awful. Why do you think Brazil struggles so much at an international stage?

Brazil have been bit awful for a decade now. They haven't produced any good player in some key positions like who was the last good central midfield play maker Brazil had ?

• Subscriber

This thread is two months too late could have been a serious contender for thread of the year. 

From all my time of watching the sport I wouldn't put Japan anywhere near the top 5 from a historical perspective. Yes they've produced some immense talent in recent years and they have, imo, one of the best grass roots development football in Asia at present but historically not having it at all. Whenever they play in an international tournament I always want them to do well because as a country they've done so well on the women's side of the sport  through their team development and the men really don't have an excuse to be much better as they proved at the last WC, what they lack is enough experience to carry a game to its finality and that can only come with more time and more competition.

7 hours ago, Blue said:

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for knowing more about Asian football than me, but I say Japan/Korea because of how they can assemble teams that can beat anyone because they have the talent, but not the physique or the mentality. 

I agree they deserve more credit but they still don't eclipse Spain in that same category. And Spanish players are also better at winning.

Technical ability might be better title than talent. For me it's a subcategory of talent not the whole thing...

7 hours ago, SirBalon said:

To be honest, I think Australia over perform and they should really be commended for that. I am very ignorant on that side of the water where football is concerned so I may be speaking out of my arse, but I don't see Australia as being talented at all.  What I do see Australia as (Australians in general as a people) are very competitive and want to over achieve where they're not that full-on and where they're traditionally good, they want to totally pummel you when they've got good sides or individuals depending on whether it's a team or individual sport.  Football is really not their thing whereas other Asian nations have a much bigger passion for football and yet the Aussies compete against them which says it all really.

That's how I see Australian football.

This is true enough. Historically we've been a real patchwork quilt of talent with the majority of truly skilled players being children of immigrants from Italy, Greece, Croatia, Serbia, etc. Most of these players grew up in very culturally affiliated groups and were silos compared to what you're average Anglo australian kid would get involved with in football. 

We don't really have a footballing identity other than that general Australian sports one of the plucky youngster that aspires to outperform their bigger brothers... we need to figure out a more coherent strategy so we can be organized and develop players at a junior level and then hopefully we'll be more of a well drilled military squadron rather than a poorly organized militia of townspeople with pitchforks and candle stick holders like we are at present....

7 hours ago, Blue said:

Also @SirBalon you are and always be a mate to me on here, but be careful when getting into the religion subject. For some people it is like what sport is to us, and I understand it can get annoying but I don't think Azeem said anything wrong. He is just proud and that's it.

Just be careful is all. I value Azeem well here just as I do to you.

I don't give a shit.  Religion has NO place in football and with all due respects, you know not what you're talking about on this.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I don't give a shit.  Religion has NO place in football and with all due respects, you know not what you're talking about on this.

I agree with you, but still be a bit careful. It's a very delicate subject although you should well know that ;) 

I denounce anyone labelling me as someone who has any prejudice against other people in sports for any reason and being the only Pakistani and Muslim on this forum which has a lot of content on this and the old forum that would easily trigger anyone of you i don't really need to defend my socializing with other people. 

Yes i do like a lot teams because i feel closer to them i even like Scotland because i like mountains and bagpipes music is great and courtesy of Braveheart hence i followed all of their matches in Euro 2016 qualifying.

2 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I denounce anyone labelling me as someone who has any prejudice against other people in sports for any reason and being the only Pakistani and Muslim on this forum which has a lot of content on this and the old forum that would easily trigger anyone of you i don't really need to defend my socializing with other people. 

Yes i do like a lot teams because i feel closer to them i even like Scotland because i like mountains and bagpipes music is great and courtesy of Braveheart hence i followed all of their matches in Euro 2016 qualifying.

Hey don't sweat it. I like Australia even though I have zero connection to them. Sometimes it is just nature.

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

You're not the only Muslim, there's my bitch @True Blue and @6666,

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Don't be silly!  Do you want me to quote World Cup posts from yourself?

The same way I've always seen the Celtic v Rangers divide based on Catholicism v Protestantism as absolutely ridiculous (I'm not going to use the banned word) and pure stupidity.  Anyone supporting a team, national or individual footballer based on race or religion is a moron.

Now let's leave it... Ey! Let's be good boys. Both of us. ;)B|

11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah, and some.  What if I said I support Catholic countries doing well?  If I came out with that I'd vomit on myself.  Or if a black friend of mine said to me he supports countries with more black players or a white friend telling me he supports countries that use more white players.

Don't  be stupid! But listen to me... It'll serve you well mate because I'm a lot older than you and if you're a good Muslim you'll understand this.  Don't go down that road because it doesn't benefit YOU in the slightest.  Keep it real!

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Don't use demagoguery with my because I won't let you get away with it.  I'm not Blue who has absolutely no understanding of what he was getting into and just trying to show support for someone he considers a friend on the forum.

I know what I'm talking about but if you need educating, I'll do it!

Islam and Muslims aren't a culture in what I have been telling you.  It's is explained perfectly well in my own posts I used on you in this thread and of which I have quoted just in case you need reading again.

I told you to leave it but if you continue, I'll teach you stuff in public.  It's upto you... If you have a problem, PM me and we can have a chat.

Dont be a demagogue because I'll make you look stupid.

27 minutes ago, Azeem said:

@SirBalon There is a fundamental disagreement between us that their is no such thing as Muslim culture. Lot of common in language and customs of Iran and Pakistan even if you take out religion.

Leave Iran out of what we're talking about because there are all sorts of Islamic countries with all sorts of languages and cultural customs.  Set rules in the Koran don't create a cultural identity because there are set rules of a similar ilk in all three Abrahamic doctrines.  That's not cultural! That's doctrine, shared doctrine.

Like I said in my posts that I quoted from myself... If I or anyone said I am following and supporting Catholic football nations, I would be told that this is a no no and very divisive.  There is the problem because it's an insular and divisive mindset you have developed which I don't blame many Muslims for with all the bad press in recent years, but all the same its upto Muslims to dissociate from divisiveness because you will only feed what gives Muslims bad press and incorrect assumptions of the religion.

Look... I don't want to get into this and this isn't even the place to debate it.  You didn't like my answer to you yesterday morning (morning for me) when I gave you a quip on calling men weak when their wives show strength.  That annoyed you and from there you went on small little passages throughout the day.

You to me are a Pakistani, not a Muslim!  I don't know any Muslim PEOPLE... I know and have friends that practice Islam and are Muslims by doctrine.  I respect that, always have when they do likewise to me.

By the way... Your Happy Birthday Jesus inclusion while also wishing Stan his birth anniversary could've been construed as offensive.  If I would've wished Happy Birthday to Mohammed (something I wouldn't have done in that manner as I would've used Islamic custom to do it) in that way, you'd have been offended.

I told you last night (last night for me)... Don't lay me because I won't let you off. Leave it alone!

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Don't use demagoguery with my because I won't let you get away with it.  I'm not Blue who has absolutely no understanding of what he was getting into and just trying to show support for someone he considers a friend on the forum.

I know what I'm talking about but if you need educating, I'll do it!

Islam and Muslims aren't a culture in what I have been telling you.  It's is explained perfectly well in my own posts I used on you in this thread and of which I have quoted just in case you need reading again.

I told you to leave it but if you continue, I'll teach you stuff in public.  It's upto you... If you have a problem, PM me and we can have a chat.

Dont be a demagogue because I'll make you look stupid.

Why are you threatening him?! 

Let him believe in what he wants and support someone/something how he wants. Don't make him feel like shit cos you think in a different way mate. 

Just now, Azeem said:

@SirBalon Oh so have been taking some of my posts seriously lately !

Sorry ! If i hurted you by that weak comment it was tongue in cheek.

It doesn't hurt me... It makes me think that someone else that is offended by that will jab you where he or she thinks it hurts you and there is where we have problems... Some of problems we have in the world. I don't like that sort of stuff because it isn't productive and it shouldn't be permitted... It causes negativity and aggressive thoughts.  Religion only has a place in one's heart and how one conducts him or herself according to their doctrines.  Everything else we share as human beings should be shared without bringing our faith into it.  Do you understand this Azeem?  You are aware of how history shows us all how divisiveness has led us all to hurt each other because of emphasising diffenreces of how we each show love and respect for the same God.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Why are you threatening him?! 

Let him believe in what he wants and support someone/something how he wants. Don't make him feel like shit cos you think in a different way mate. 

So we are going to accept someone saying I support clubs or countries with more black or white people?

For a Celtic fan to come on here and say he or she supports only Catholic sides? (Same vice versa on the Rangers side)

People can believe what they want, but I'll tell you this....  We either go down a route of equal status and behaviour or I'm outa here.

Is this an INCLUSIVE or EXCLUSIVE forum?

Where are we going with this?

I'm not going to be a part of something that allows or is permissive of irregular publicised beliefs that are divisive.  We either go down an ethical and well mannered inclusive way or then I'm afraid that considering today's times that cover so many issues, that I can no longer be party to this.  This is how much it means to me.

Archived