The better place to talk football.

Most Talented Football Nations

football forum

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So we are going to accept someone saying I support clubs or countries with more black or white people?

For a Celtic fan to come on here and say he or she supports only Catholic sides? (Same vice versa on the Rangers side)

People can believe what they want, but I'll tell you this....  We either go down a route of equal status and behaviour or I'm outa here.

I think you may be taking what he said a bit too far? At one point you basically said there are no Muslims which is exactly what he is and what he chooses to follow xD

4 minutes ago, Azeem said:

@SirBalon I'm a firm believer in Jesus as one of the Prophets and the Messiah so saying anything offensive about him is beyond my wildest imagination.

As for the weak comment i remember Berserker saying the same somewhere back in the old forum so i thought the same in a lite manner. 

I know all about what ʿĪsā ibn Maryam is to Muslims.  I have many many Muslim friends and have attended Mosque with them on countless occasions in the same manner as I have done with Jewish friends and family members even though I am neither and am a Roman Catholic.  I have the utmost respect and love for both Mulsims and Jews.  What I won't be a party to is divisiveness which is created where religious faith has absolutely NO PLACE!

• Subscriber

It's only natural to have a soft spot for someone who comes from a similar culture/region or shares other similar characteristics in my opinion as it's much easier to relate to them. I always want other German-speaking countries to do well for example; the same way I cheer for other Baltic states; and the same way I hope Southeast Asian teams do well. Don't see anything wrong with Azeem's attitude to be fair.

As for the topic on hand...it's obvious that the opinions of people will be based on their definition of talent in the first place; and that's quite problematic as a talent is really tough to describe. For me personally it refers to the absolute mastery of the three main components: ball, space (natural movement; finding open space and using the gaps) and time (instincts and anticipation), which requires a high level of technical strength, high tactical intelligence and strength of character. The rest is just hard work and perseverance. 

Don't think I can actually answer the question of which nations are the most talented as I think the question itself is very flawed. There might be plenty of "natural talent"  and potential everywhere around the world at any given time, but there are many more other factors at play. There's no way for talent to develop if there's no (or not good enough) infrastructure, grassroots system, overall interest in football, as well as good facilities at every level of the game.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I know all about what ʿĪsā ibn Maryam is to Muslims.  I have many many Muslim friends and have attended Mosque with them on countless occasions in the same manner as I have done with Jewish friends and family members even though I am neither and am a Roman Catholic.  I have the utmost respect and love for both Mulsims and Jews.  What I won't be a party to is divisiveness which is created where religious faith has absolutely NO PLACE!

In the same breath, aren't you creating the divisiveness here? 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I think you may be taking what he said a bit too far? At one point you basically said there are no Muslims which is exactly what he is and what he chooses to follow xD

During the World Cup he said on various occasions that he would be following and supporting Muslim football nations which goes beyond Iran which he has made a point of emphasising cultural assimilation and similarities between both Pakistan and said country.  Just because I don't raise my voice initially doesn't mean I don't know how to count and when the number reaches a certain point I make a statement.  He knows full well what I am talking about and of course yesterday as a matter of example.  I am not a stupid person and I know where I am going with this.

This goes in line with standards we have to keep as societies for harmony and understanding.  Certain language and jargon has to be conditioned to the contrary and I won't be a party to it here or anywhere.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

During the World Cup he said on various occasions that he would be following and supporting Muslim football nations which goes beyond Iran which he has made a point of emphasising cultural assimilation and similarities between both Pakistan and said country.  Just because I don't raise my voice initially doesn't mean I don't know how to count and when the number reaches a certain point I make a statement.  He knows full well what I am talking about and of course yesterday as a matter of example.  I am not a stupid person and I know where I am going with this.

This goes in line with standards we have to keep as societies for harmony and understanding.  Certain language and jargon has to be conditioned to the contrary and I won't be a party to it here or anywhere.

I'm surprised you feel so irked by this. I would similarly follow New Zealand, USA, England, other western European countries in an Olympics for example... what specifically is causing me to think that way about those countries? Is it religion? Common history? General foreign policy alignment? Whatever it is I don't think I should need to be ashamed of it or taken to task over it to the extent that you've done here...

Back at TFF in my intro thread i said i support Portugal in international football that also started a massive debate in the thread and later a separate thread was started for it that how can you support another team other than your own national team and i was like i just like them doing well ,i don't want Portuguese citizenship.

Maybe i should never talk about who i support :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Azeem said:

Back at TFF in my intro thread i said i support Portugal in international football that also started a massive debate in the thread and later a separate thread was started for it that how can you support another team other than your own national team and i was like i just like them doing well ,i don't want Portuguese citizenship.

Maybe i should never talk about who i support :ph34r:

Support whoever you want. You shouldn’t have to justify your decisions for supporting or not supporting a particular team or nation. It’s really not all that important. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Nigeria for me is the best nation outside of Europe and South America. Who is the closest call to them ? Mexico ?

Mexico has underachieved in my opinion for their standards which is why i put Nigeria above them right now. 

Ivory Coast had a time where they were the dominant side in Africa. 

It kind of goes in cycles and in my lifetime, not one team has consistently dominated for several years. Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana all had periods of being the best. Maybe more from memory but they're the ones that come to mind.

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ivory Coast had a time where they were the dominant side in Africa. 

It kind of goes in cycles and in my lifetime, not one team has consistently dominated for several years. Ivory Coast, Egypt, Algeria, Nigeria, Cameroon, Ghana all had periods of being the best. Maybe more from memory but they're the ones that come to mind.

Sure but considering the number of players that gained international acclaim over the past few years than West African nations dominate.

Archived