talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Half Way Point - Improved or Gone Backwards?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Burnley are having a disaster. Maybe Burnley don't want to sack Dyche because of last season but I can't see him turning things around. Trying to play the same limited style as last season obviously isn't working and Dyche doesn't seem like a man that's capable of having new ideas.

• Subscriber

I hate over-reacting to a small sample size of results but our last two really have made our season look totally different. Two that had effectively been written off, which would've left us 13th if we'd lost them both and 5 down on last season - plenty of criticism could be aimed at the management.

But a point up despite what's happened to us this season is actually quite impressive.

I've always said 19 games has to be one of your judgement points. Everyone's played each other once. 7th? We'd have all taken that.

City being 11 points down on last year is ultimately flattering us...

We've obviously improved a lot in defense and in terms of results. I still haven't seen that same swashbuckling form that left you thinking we were going to win by ten goals though so I'm probably not enjoying the football quite as much. But I am enjoying the squad. VVD, trent,  robbo and Joe Gomez... love them. It's been ages since I could say that about our defense

• Subscriber
33 minutes ago, Harry said:

We've obviously improved a lot in defense and in terms of results. I still haven't seen that same swashbuckling form that left you thinking we were going to win by ten goals though so I'm probably not enjoying the football quite as much. But I am enjoying the squad. VVD, trent,  robbo and Joe Gomez... love them. It's been ages since I could say that about our defense

The fact you're doing this without us frequently seeing you at your best is a good thing for me and not a bad. Your defensive record is phenomenal. Defence arguably matters more than attack right at the top.

Van Dijk looks worth every penny and I'm a tightarse who rarely says that about mega money buys, but he really is brilliant, the missing puzzle piece.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

You're doing it all wrong then

Us being down 1 shows how out of form key players are. Perez, Kenedy, Lascelles, Diame not a patch on what they were 2nd half of last season, first half of last season Kenedy wasn't here and Diame and Perez were shit. Rondon keeping us up at the minute. We are too reliant on Perez's form to determine whether we are bottom 5 or lower mid table.

22 hours ago, Cicero said:

Drawn far too many matches we've should have won. 

It is pretty easy when a huge chunk of the attacking core is Morata, Giroud, and Willian. Imagine if it were Costa, de Bruyne, and Salah... Mata as well. Sarriball would be a dream.

Archived