• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal - Saturday 29th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Nah, with the personnel on the pitch you could easily play a more compact shape than this. Arsenal haven't even seen the benefit of pushing high and pressing, from the first minute Leno and Lichtsteiner were misplacing passes across the back line while I can't remember more than a couple of instances where you've won the ball high up the pitch.

Could even say that with an ageing Sokratis and Lichsteiner, a not particularly pacey Mustafa, that playing deep and compact is the natural system for these players. 

Xhaka also showed his career best form playing a compact 4-4-2 with Gladbach. Aubameyang plays best with space in behind. 

4 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Not fickle, in reality other clubs would not accept this, why should we?  That is why Wenger went and this is no better. 

Ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, Panna King said:

Yeah good agaisnt average teams, its frustrating to see how easy Arsenal are making it.

It takes time, remember our first season with Klopp? We didn’t look as good as we did last season or especially this season.

Always surprises me to still see opposition midfielders getting caught off guard in possession and losing the ball to Liverpool. For the opposition, extra attention surely must be paid to moving the ball when playing them. It’s difficult and credit to Klopp, the speed at which Liverpool press and the manner in which they do it, makes it very unpredictable and effective, players coming from all sorts of blind spots. However, it still shocks me to see players against Liverpool lumbering on the ball in the centre of the pitch, only to suddenly get caught out. What did you expect and prepare for?

2 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Sent my son this pic on my mobile "Salah always reminds me of Kevin Kegan without a beard", he sent me back a text message of XXXX  xD 

49140236_10156964494982855_3325384605090

Did you need to put the kisses :P

• The title was changed to Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal - Saturday 29th December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived