The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal - Saturday 29th December, 2018

football forum

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Wenger is a better manager than Emery!

He's had 6 months and given only 50 million? As opposed to Klopp with 3 years now and proper investment. You're the finished article compared to us and Arsenal. Salah could of been on holiday and you would've still won. 

Emery is a top manager and he'll prove it when Arsenal finally back him. 

22 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

No the comparison is fair, at one point there was barely any difference in their records after a substantial amount of time, but it was clear Klopp was far superior. 

Emery is infinitely better than Wenger, we'd be in a shambles if he was still in charge and nowhere near the top 4.

To me it was clear immediately that Klopp was better. Rodgers has one poor season, one good season, one poor season, then fucked the beginning of a season up before getting sacked. Other than the SAS season, I felt he was tactically inept.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

He's had 6 months and given only 50 million? As opposed to Klopp with 3 years now and proper investment. You're the finished article compared to us and Arsenal. Salah could of been on holiday and you would've still won. 

Compared to you? xD

Chelsea have had more money thrown at them in 10 years and now you reckon you're in transition?

Kinell xD My heart bleeds for ya mate!

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The danger is that they wont back him, its frustrating as those defenders are experienced but got ripped apart. Emery seems to change the team so much and even at half time he always changes it.  Very worrying that half the season gone and Arsenal have not led at half time, which shows Emery is putting the wrong team out.

5 minutes ago, Panna King said:

The danger is that they wont back him, its frustrating as those defenders are experienced but got ripped apart. Emery seems to change the team so much and even at half time he always changes it.  Very worrying that half the season gone and Arsenal have not led at half time, which shows Emery is putting the wrong team out.

They did against Burnley

Just now, Panna King said:

Ok 1 game agaisnt one of the poorest teams in the league.  This club needs a serious clear out of all the crap.

Yeah let's get koeman and a load of Dutch players. That will make you happy ;)

21 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Compared to you? xD

Chelsea have had more money thrown at them in 10 years and now you reckon you're in transition?

We have a manager whose essentially reshaping the entire playing culture of the club. He's 6 months in and to suggest we are the finish article is utter nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah let's get koeman and a load of Dutch players. That will make you happy ;)

No that is just stupid, i will be happy when we are more solid and have a back bone. Just hungry players we need and not crap like Mustafi, xhaka etc they are not winners.

19 minutes ago, Panna King said:

No that is just stupid, i will be happy when we are more solid and have a back bone. Just hungry players we need and not crap like Mustafi, xhaka etc they are not winners.

Apparently years ago we could have signed van dijk but the scout told Wenger not to :dam:

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently Yeats ago we could have signed van dijk but the scout told Wenger not to :dam:

Well we could of got loads of players in the past, lets hope Emery can get his own players. If not he will be sacked soon if they dont get champions league football.

5 minutes ago, Panna King said:

Well we could of got loads of players in the past, lets hope Emery can get his own players. If not he will be sacked soon if they dont get champions league football.

He won't get sacked this season even if they don't

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Compared to you? xD

Chelsea have been in transition since they sacked Mourinho for the first time I think xD

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Someone has quite clearly edited my original post as I’d never post something so stupid. I demand an inquiry is held amongst the admins and mods.

Ha ha I remember the other week when I said we would beat Southampton 4.0. @Lucas reminded everyone of my prediction

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Bit laughable to compare Wenger to Rodgers. One led Arsenal through a period of being very good, the other was lucky he had Suarez xD

Well to be fair salah wasn't bad last season ;)

7 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It takes time, remember our first season with Klopp? We didn’t look as good as we did last season or especially this season.

Exactly. Year 1 objective is stablise the club and league position and leverage off that to bring better players on board who buy into your project. He's done very well imo just simply had a mare today. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf Wenger is a fucking legend. Sure things went stale at the end, but at his peak he was a top top manager.

Still don’t think there’s much for Arsenal to worry about long term. A loss like this obviously hurts, but it’s better to get a rude awakening highlighting weaknessss in the squad more early on. It’s a work in progress, expecting a miracle overnight is stupid.

I agree with this. Wenger is a great manager but no question Emery is the better option for arsenal right now. Ultimately belief under Wenger had collapsed and there was no way you were coming back up under him...

Archived