Watford vs Newcastle

Sunday 30th December, 2018
Burnley vs West Ham, 14.15

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Leicester have beaten Chelsea and Man City in the last two games. Hoping that sods law comes to fruition and we get something out of the game.

I could see that happening a mile off.

My hope is we play with the intensity we played with in the last two games and we get the win.

My fear is he reverts back to 4-2-3-1, passive football and we draw or worse, lose.

This will demonstrate what has been learnt.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Dan said:

I could see that happening a mile off.

My hope is we play with the intensity we played with in the last two games and we get the win.

My fear is he reverts back to 4-2-3-1, passive football and we draw or worse, lose.

This will demonstrate what has been learnt.

To be fair, Cardiff will set up in a totally different way to Chelsea/Man City, and perhaps won't be as open or offensive. With a bigger game just around the corner against Everton on Tuesday, I'd expect a bit of rotation, too. Wouldn't surprise me if Gray, Iborra, Iheanacho all start. Perhaps even Evans too.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

To be fair, Cardiff will set up in a totally different way to Chelsea/Man City, and perhaps won't be as open or offensive. With a bigger game just around the corner against Everton on Tuesday, I'd expect a bit of rotation, too. Wouldn't surprise me if Gray, Iborra, Iheanacho all start. Perhaps even Evans too.

I agree that rotation is to be expected and I'm not expecting this to be a walkover at all.

But Iheanacho cannot start surely. He's just awful every time he plays these days. He's never looked particularly good bar the odd goal but lately in-particular he's been woeful. Iborra I get, I'd consider him in for Ndidi, Gray probably starts this too.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Dan said:

I agree that rotation is to be expected and I'm not expecting this to be a walkover at all.

But Iheanacho cannot start surely. He's just awful every time he plays these days. He's never looked particularly good bar the odd goal but lately in-particular he's been woeful. Iborra I get, I'd consider him in for Ndidi, Gray probably starts this too.

Fair enough about Iheanacho but I'd like to protect Vardy somewhat. Perhaps Vardy will start and Iheanacho will be sub. Having said that, it was quite telling that Iheanacho wasn't even in the squad vs City if he wasn't at all injured.

I suspect he'll play in the Newport cup game. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Stan said:

Fair enough about Iheanacho but I'd like to protect Vardy somewhat. Perhaps Vardy will start and Iheanacho will be sub. Having said that, it was quite telling that Iheanacho wasn't even in the squad vs City if he wasn't at all injured.

I suspect he'll play in the Newport cup game. 

I would as well, I'm not sold that Gray is the answer up front either but Iheanacho just looks totally out of his depth, confidence is shot to bits and he seems to think a second after everyone he faces.

I'd like to see Choudhury keep his place but he's played all 3 games this past week and a bit so I wouldn't be shocked if he got benched.

Evans is an option again. Maybe in for Maguire. Morgan's been excellent lately, he's made me eat my words big time, no surprise he looks far better in this system where he's a bit more protected, he's always been a battler of a defender but very limited as well.

To be fair, in the past couple of months, I think we've improved defensively quite a lot. Bournemouth & Arsenal were shambolic games, but the only ones we've conceded more than two in, and the Arsenal game was the only one all season that we conceded an equaliser in.

For a neutral like myself, it sucks having to pick between one of Liverpool or Spurs to win it all and who I want.

Liverpool because they are a historic club that hasn't won the league in almost 20 years.

Spurs because I like Poch and hate that they have no trophies to show for what he's done.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived