Kevin Friend is a cunt I think he should be banned from officiating our matches

He's from Leicestershire so thankfully never had to encounter him xD

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
17 hours ago, Stan said:

Fuck football. 

If I could sum up our season or just general time under Puel in one word, it'd be 'inconsistent'. 

For non-Leicester fans wondering why we get so annoyed or frustrated, today was it. To follow up two great wins against sides like Chelsea and Man City with a shite loss against Cardiff at home is unacceptable. A poor showing and although we knew Cardiff would set up differently to the other two, it's still a game you should expect to win and get more momentum going in to the turn of the year. 

Maddison missing another penalty which was a golden chance to win a scrappy game is equally unacceptable. Take him off penalty duty for now. Two poor penalties. 

Camarasa's goal was a wonder goal. As soon as he hit it I could see it floating in to top corner. 

The game was entirely predictable. To be honest this last three games has been the Puel reign on steroids - it's been the usual but taken to the extreme. The Chelsea and Man City games were both fantastic and should not be written off by those who don't want Puel as manager, but yesterday did sadly was everything I feared it would be, a return to the ponderous, unimaginative football we churn out 90% of the time we play a team at home we should beat.

Once again a team has to be nothing special to take points off us. Stay defensively solid, force us out wide and eat our hopeless punts into the box up for 90 minutes.

Vardy was rubbish yesterday but I still don't think you can take him off, unless he's injured or absolutely shattered. Again, either of these are likely caused by the failure to bring in better alternatives to him. Slimani is coming back by the sounds of things and while that's not the ideal situation, he's probably going to be of some use to us this next few months, so I'll take it.

Their goal was a wonder strike, and I've heard people bemoaning how many concede - well where are the two holding midfielders? Again?

For Puel to come out and say he dropped Choudhury from the squad because he isn't creative enough yet sticks with Mendy and Ndidi seriously concerns me. That tells me we're not going to ever consistently crack these fixtures under him.

As for Cardiff - well, arguably lucky to take all three but you'd have been well worth a point, but I'm not begrudging them of it because despite their poorer players they are more organised than us. Fans were probably the best to come here all season and after how they were with us in November I've no bitterness to them at all in it, I hope they survive.

Shite from us though. Literally everything I feared it would be.

• Subscriber

Few of the players have to look in the mirror as well. The front four yesterday were just awful. The subs for them not loads better (weirdly thought Ghezzal wasn't that bad). Maddison in particular needs to look at himself after that performance, utter shite.

The fans can do one as well. I can see why people slag us off as a fanbase. Booing that Vardy/Iheanacho sub as heavily as that at 0-0 was embarrassing, coming across like a right entitled bunch of twats.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Few of the players have to look in the mirror as well. The front four yesterday were just awful. The subs for them not loads better (weirdly thought Ghezzal wasn't that bad). Maddison in particular needs to look at himself after that performance, utter shite.

The fans can do one as well. I can see why people slag us off as a fanbase. Booing that Vardy/Iheanacho sub as heavily as that at 0-0 was embarrassing, coming across like a right entitled bunch of twats.

Glad you have the same view as me as I can't be arsed to argue on here about it as much as I do on FT xD. That probably angered me more than the loss, to be honest. One of the worst things to do in football when it's not even that warranted. It's counter-intuitive. Counter-productive. No doubt they'd want Iheanacho to score and get us 3 points, so how on earth is he meant to do that when he's booed on to the pitch?! Vardy looked knackered anyway so was bound to come off with Tuesday in mind, too. 

Maddison must be gutted regarding the penalty, let alone his underwhelming performance. It's always going to be difficult though with Cardiff set up deep to defend. That's where you need other players to step up to help him out so we're not relying on only him for creativity. Gray was worse than him. Albrighton looked shattered from the start of the game. Still not bought on Ghezzal but why the hell did he not shoot when he brought it down on his chest, and fell on his left foot?! Instead he cut back on his right and made it more difficult to get a shot away.

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Stan said:

Glad you have the same view as me as I can't be arsed to argue on here about it as much as I do on FT xD. That probably angered me more than the loss, to be honest. One of the worst things to do in football when it's not even that warranted. It's counter-intuitive. Counter-productive. No doubt they'd want Iheanacho to score and get us 3 points, so how on earth is he meant to do that when he's booed on to the pitch?! Vardy looked knackered anyway so was bound to come off with Tuesday in mind, too. 

Maddison must be gutted regarding the penalty, let alone his underwhelming performance. It's always going to be difficult though with Cardiff set up deep to defend. That's where you need other players to step up to help him out so we're not relying on only him for creativity. Gray was worse than him. Albrighton looked shattered from the start of the game. Still not bought on Ghezzal but why the hell did he not shoot when he brought it down on his chest, and fell on his left foot?! Instead he cut back on his right and made it more difficult to get a shot away.

As much as I didn't agree with it our fans have got to take a look at themselves here. The attitude in the ground nowadays is just so wrong. It's like they're deliberately trying to fit the narrative of making the game as utterly depressing as they possibly can for themselves. What do they honestly think that is going to achieve? I've stated many a time that I'm no Iheanacho fan but his confidence must be on the floor. Seen plenty saying that it was booing Vardy coming off but it could easily be read either way.

The atmosphere yesterday was awful as well. Pathetic effort.

Albrighton I thought was very poor yesterday, possibly tiredness. Gray was typical Gray - the odd flash but ultimately very little produced, that's been the case for him in 90% of his games.

• Subscriber
50 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Joe Hart has got the chop with Burnley I see, that guy just can't win and it looks like he might be getting the blame for Burnley slumping.   

I have sympathy for him. Wasn't clearly at fault for any of our five goals last time out, but didn't exactly cover himself in glory for a couple of them either.

Ffs West Ham.

We are only 3 points off the drop now and have Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City and Tottenham in our next 5 games.

Fuck off.

I suppose on the plus side 5 of the 6 teams down the bottom with us have to come to St. James'. Then again we are better away than at home.

• The topic was unpinned
On 29/12/2018 at 18:09, Storts said:

Absolutely dire from us. Wolves fully deserved that win they were brilliant second half. 

We were so sluggish, no rotation catching up with the players. Eriksen and Alli just passengers and don’t get me started on Kieran Trippier. He’s pathetic, awful full back that shouldn’t be starting at top 10 club let alone a top 4 one. Him and Davies are by far the weakest links in this team and the weakest anywhere in the top 6 

@Cicero Hold my beer..

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:56, Danny said:

Glad Maddison missed that pen, I know contact was made on his shoulder but there was no way that amount of contact sends him to the floor like he's been shot.

Similar to Salah's I thought, it was a foul and should have been a penalty but the overreaction wasn't nice to see. Not been mentioned at all though, English players never exaggerate.

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Similar to Salah's I thought, it was a foul and should have been a penalty but the overreaction wasn't nice to see. Not been mentioned at all though, English players never exaggerate.

A frustrating side to diving that never gets mentioned, you are allowed to make physical contact. Contact doesn’t mean a foul.

Archived