talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Southampton 1-3 Man City - Sunday 30th December, 2018

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 14.15

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-FC_Southampton.svg.png     VS     1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png

Head to Head
Man City 6-1 Southampton
Southampton 0-1 Man City
Man City 2-1 Southampton
Southampton 0-3 Man City
Man City 1-1 Southampton

Recent Form
Southampton - LWWLL
Man City - LLWWW

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
9 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I actually think we are better than them. I think we will beat them at their  own home. 

You'll win the league but lose to them on Thursday.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

You'll win the league but lose to them on Thursday.

We'll see. I think the current situation plays into our hands ahead of Thursday. Guardiola has openly admitted he's terrified of our front three and they need to come out and win the game. It'll be like going there with a big advantage from a first leg lead...

• Subscriber

I think Liverpool will win the League but I don't think Liverpool will go all season undefeated, you may have beaten Arsenal today but Liverpool would have never had beaten Arsene Wenger’s ‘Invincibles’ managed it in 2003/04 with the team you have now.  

3 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

I think Liverpool will win the League but I don't think Liverpool will go all season undefeated, you may have beaten Arsenal today but Liverpool would have never had beaten Arsene Wenger’s ‘Invincibles’ managed it in 2003/04 with the team you have now.  

Different eras and all that but Liverpool are up against what most thought was the best side the Premier League had seen just a couple of weeks ago. We probably won't go unbeaten, that's extremely difficult to do, but in terms of points tally whoever wins the league probably betters the 'invincibles' tally in 2004

6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Different eras and all that but Liverpool are up against what most thought was the best side the Premier League had seen just a couple of weeks ago. We probably won't go unbeaten, that's extremely difficult to do, but in terms of points tally whoever wins the league probably betters the 'invincibles' tally in 2004

Many won't agree with me but I think you have to he better now to win it. I mean look at city last year. 100 points.  Man utds treble winning side got 80. Even if the all round quality isn't as good for me that man utd side wouldn't have got that many points last year

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Many won't agree with me but I think you have to he better now to win it. I mean look at city last year. 100 points.  Man utds treble winning side got 80. Even if the all round quality isn't as good for me that man utd side wouldn't have for that many points

It's difficult to compare different eras like I said. I won't take anything away from previous winners but City set the bar so high this year and at the start of this season. We've had to be exceptional to keep up with them and wait for them to slip up

• Subscriber

The greatest Liverpool manager for me would have been Bob Paisley, Shanks may have bought Liverpool from the ashes but the Liverpool Paisley era was awesome and yet I am a United man, to me the greatest managers to me in my time of English football has to be Sir Alex Ferguson, Bob Paisley, Jock Stein (Scotland - Celtic) and Brian Clough with Wenger a close 4th...just realized...this is off topic lol. 

9 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

The greatest Liverpool manager for me would have been Bob Paisley, Shanks may have bought Liverpool from the ashes but the Liverpool Paisley era was awesome and yet I am a United man, to me the greatest managers to me in my time of English football has to be Sir Alex Ferguson, Bob Paisley, Jock Stein (Scotland - Celtic) and Brian Clough with Wenger a close 4th...just realized...this is off topic lol. 

Shanks took Liverpool from second division relegation, to the biggest club in Europe. He then handed it all over to Paisley who carried it on brilliantly. Shankley did all the hard work!

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

An argument over Liverpools best ever manager In a city matchday thread xD

Makes a change from every thead being about Peru

47 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Many won't agree with me but I think you have to he better now to win it. I mean look at city last year. 100 points.  Man utds treble winning side got 80. Even if the all round quality isn't as good for me that man utd side wouldn't have got that many points last year

What if they got 100 points because it is actually easier to win it?

Back in the 90s the pool of players available was smaller. Mainly British and Irish only and they played only for English teams. Now the pool of players is pretty much the entire world and you compete with teams from multiple countries to get the best. 

Therefore the gap between 1st in the Premier League and 3rd in the Premier League isn't just 2nd as it was in 1995, it's 2nd plus Juventus, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid etc inbetween. Now do that for the gap between 1st and 15th and the gulf in quality between teams is much bigger than it was in the 1990s.

That's just a theory though.

4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

What if they got 100 points because it is actually easier to win it?

Back in the 90s the pool of players available was smaller. Mainly British and Irish only and they played only for English teams. Now the pool of players is pretty much the entire world and you compete with teams from multiple countries to get the best. 

Therefore the gap between 1st in the Premier League and 3rd in the Premier League isn't just 2nd as it was in 1995, it's 2nd plus Juventus, Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid etc inbetween. Now do that for the gap between 1st and 15th and the gulf in quality between teams is much bigger than it was in the 1990s.

That's just a theory though.

Yeah I agree the gulf in quality is bigger. I think the teams near the bottom aren't as good but the teams at the top are better. Basically the rich get richer and the poor get poorer

• Administrator
18 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

If Man City could win 5-0, that'd be much appreciated.

Typical small-club mentality, relying on other clubs results instead of your own :ph34r:

• Administrator

Mahrez given the freedom of Southampton there to run in from the wing and get a shot away. Scored like that for us a couple of seasons ago. Southampton didn't seem bothered xD 

• The title was changed to Southampton 1-3 Man City - Sunday 30th December, 2018
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived