The better place to talk football.

Fabregas Completes Monaco Move

football forum

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
16 hours ago, Cicero said:

Reported to reject a new deal. Looks to be off to either Milan or Monaco in January 

Chelsea's 31-year-old midfielder Cesc Fabregas, whose contract expires in June, is free to talk to other clubs from 1 January and will leave the Stamford Bridge outfit for a club in Europe. (Marca) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

I had my moments of pure madness after some of his performances, but he did well for us during his five years. In our 2014-15 season he was in the top three players that were the best that season with Costa. They created a great partnership, and i think he is making a wise move, he won't start in this Chelsea midfield. I think Milan would be ideal for him and it would bring the best of his football ability at this stage of his career.

On 29/12/2018 at 10:10, CaaC - John said:

Chelsea's 31-year-old midfielder Cesc Fabregas, whose contract expires in June, is free to talk to other clubs from 1 January and will leave the Stamford Bridge outfit for a club in Europe. (Marca) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Fuck me, he's "only" 31? Feels like he has been around forever. 

19 hours ago, Tommy said:

Fuck me, he's "only" 31? Feels like he has been around forever. 

He's been an Arsenal and Spain regular since he was 18! It's no wonder his legs are gone. 

Still by far his worst moment with us. At 0.15 onwards is the best bit. You won't regret it. 

• Subscriber

Such an amazing player when he was at Arsenal. He's always had moments of class after that but nothing like when he was at Arsenal.

His stand out moment for me was when he ran from the half way line from the kick off and scored that solo goal against Spurs. I'm sure it was actually a Spurs kick off from an Arsenal goal?

A weaker league like the French league would suit him and be a good move.

He was overall a good player for us, but in the recent season or two he was very poor. Overall he had a great career and a Ligue 1 team will suit him perfectly, as he still has a lot to offer. I thought he would go to China or the MLS but it seem's he still wants competitive football good for him. He was instrumental in our 2014/15 title win, his partnership with Costa was beautiful.

Not too sure why we're getting rid. We're struggling to break down defences and Cesc could aide that problem. No idea why Sarri hasn't used him more in games like the Southampton one. Instead of making a like for like swap for Jorginho, why hasn't he used Cesc further up? Like against Southampton, I thought that helped us a lot. Cesc has his limitations but he's great used in certain moments and conditions, a great squad player. We have Barkley, Kovacic, and Ruben for those advanced positions, none can make a killer pass. Our problem at the moment is breaking down teams so we get rid of Cesc. Doesn't make sense.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Legendary rat. 

Best Spanish player to ever play in the league?

Prime Fabregas over a prime Silva.

Think Silva was a bit better than Cesc in his time in the Premier League with a team that arguably set the gold standard for seasons to come. Also, Silva has a better consistency when compared to Cesc as well.

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Think Silva was a bit better than Cesc in his time in the Premier League with a team that arguably set the gold standard for seasons to come. Also, Silva has a better consistency when compared to Cesc as well.

Most people would say Silva. I've just been more impressed with Fabregas' career as a whole.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Prime Fabregas was something special though. 

I'd say Fabregas due to longevity. Bloke has been a 1st team and international regular since 18. 

Not as special as David Silva.

Fabregas also spent a signicant chunk of his prime in Spain.

No question a fantastic footballer who’s had a big impact in the league but not as much as Silva, who you could argue is the best import ever.(That’s probably Henry though)

33 minutes ago, Storts said:

Not as special as David Silva.

Fabregas also spent a signicant chunk of his prime in Spain.

No question a fantastic footballer who’s had a big impact in the league but not as much as Silva, who you could argue is the best import ever.(That’s probably Henry though)

Oh yeah in the league, Silva no doubt. As a player, both club and internationally, Cesc for me always. Bloke was performing at the biggest stage at 18. It's no wonder his legs are gone. 

• The title was changed to Fabregas Completes Monaco Move

Archived