• Last Reply
  • Administrator

Not too dissimilar to mine.

Alisson

TAA - Van Dijk - Laporte - Robertson

Torreira

Sterling - Salah - Son

Aubameyang - Wilson

Honourable mention to Chilwell who I think has been the best left-back in the league after Robertson. I'd have included Hazard if he hadn't had a quiet patch or two throughout the season - maybe due to Chelsea's over-reliance on him. Eriksen as well if he hadn't have been injured and missed quite a few matches. Son has been very good for Spurs anyway so perhaps he'd not have got in anyway.

I know Salah plays on the right but Sterling seems to have upped his game and had to squeeze both of them in.

Wilson has played a big part in Bournemouth's best start to the season, despite a dip in form. Seems to have overcome his own injury problems and has been invovled in a lot of goals for Bournemouth. Players like Ryan Fraser have also been good for them so he can have an honourable mention too. There's other players like Felipe Anderson who's perhaps underrated so far despite very good form, Richarlison, Sigurdsson, Pereyra, Sane, Doherty, David Luiz, Kane, who could arguably be included too. 

I'm surprised everyone's listing Salah.

I wouldn't have him over sterling or son or even Mane from our attack. His form is on the rise and he's had a good season without doubt but I wouldn't say a best in league standout one and if not for the high profile form last season I doubt many would be singling him out.

8 minutes ago, Harry said:

I'm surprised everyone's listing Salah.

I wouldn't have him over sterling or son or even Mane from our attack. His form is on the rise and he's had a good season without doubt but I wouldn't say a best in league standout one and if not for the high profile form last season I doubt many would be singling him out.

He's got 15 goals and 7 assists which is probably top in both categories. Sterling is also included in everyone's selections as well as Salah, so you don't have to have one over the other. 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Danny said:

Judging by @Stan's team I guess we're not making teams that could actually play a game of football together xD

Literally impossible to pick a side that we think may or may not play together tactically. Just trying to choose the best player in each position so far...? 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Sterling and Son are not strikers. 

Son has scored something like 20+ goals a season over the last 3 seasons for Spurs, striker, forward, whatever, midfielder he ain’t. Same sentiment goes for Sterling.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Danny said:

Son has scored something like 20+ goals a season over the last 3 seasons for Spurs, striker, forward, whatever, midfielder he ain’t. Same sentiment goes for Sterling.

He's an attacking midfielder who has scored lots of goals. Hence me putting him in as an attacking midfielder. 

I think they're worthy of it over any other kind of midfielder? 

I'll remember to check in with you before I do my next kind of team of the season though just in case I get my own opinion wrong xD. Gotta make sure I get things right tactically and think as if they're actually going to play with each other. 

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's got 15 goals and 7 assists which is probably top in both categories. Sterling is also included in everyone's selections as well as Salah, so you don't have to have one over the other. 

Only stan had all three...?

Fair points mate but would you honestly have him in there ahead of Mane...?

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Only stan had all three...?

Fair points mate but would you honestly have him in there ahead of Mane...?

Mane had the better start to the season but Salah’s clearly having the better uh... now... part of the season

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Agreed. But do you feel salahs season has now surpassed Mane's?

Clearly, just look at the numbers!. 

Mane is having a great season, you're right. But Salah is leading in every department so surely has to be included in the team of the season so far, no?

9 hours ago, Stan said:

He's an attacking midfielder who has scored lots of goals. Hence me putting him in as an attacking midfielder. 

I think they're worthy of it over any other kind of midfielder? 

I'll remember to check in with you before I do my next kind of team of the season though just in case I get my own opinion wrong xD. Gotta make sure I get things right tactically and think as if they're actually going to play with each other. 

As long as you know to check that’s all I can ask

Archived