talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

New Years Resolutions

football forum

16 minutes ago, nudge said:

Good call on Daelim; those are dirt cheap here and I actually consider it too :D The old Citi 100 model as it's so ugly it's actually beautiful; it's sturdy and has great durability; and I'd be able to get cheap parts all across the country not to mention that nobody will ever care to steal it. Either that or Honda Super Cub which is also a class underbone motorbike. I was leaning more towards the Yamaha though due to off-road...

Yeah for off-road an Enduro is the most common choice, these kind of bikes like the Citi 100 are very cheap to maintain yeah, they're the ones pìzza-guys and the likes use haha. And it's ugly indeed, less likely to tempt someone. :P

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of going vege but I do love eating meat, so decided no more fast food and no supermarket meat. Straight from the butcher and only a couple times a week max. Also no more fizzy’s and seeing how long I can go alcohol free.

Just now, Danny said:

I was thinking of going vege but I do love eating meat, so decided no more fast food and no supermarket meat. Straight from the butcher and only a couple times a week max. Also no more fizzy’s and seeing how long I can go alcohol free.

Why would you go Veg? I did for 5 or so years, one of which was actually vegan. 

On the alcohol one, I go 1 month a year without any alcohol. We have alcoholism in the family so my Dad and I made a pact to go a month without any alcohol just to make sure we can. I think this will be year #4 of our tradition. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Why would you go Veg? I did for 5 or so years, one of which was actually vegan. 

On the alcohol one, I go 1 month a year without any alcohol. We have alcoholism in the family so my Dad and I made a pact to go a month without any alcohol just to make sure we can. I think this will be year #4 of our tradition. 

Tbh mate I went about 1-2 months of all meals cooked at home being vege/vegan and it was just really refreshing not missing meat in my diet. I still don’t cook it but my weakness came eating out so I’m stopping that. Unless it’s a decent restaurant I trust I’m not touching it. And as supermarket meat is full of steroids and other shit so just want to avoid it entirely.

I do like a drink, I prefer heavier drinks like a Guinness or ales like London Pride or Doombar. Pale Ales seem to be the popular thing in Australia and New Zealand and whilst they’re nice they’re essentially watered down ales. Completely off topic that bit of info.

4 hours ago, Danny said:

I do like a drink, I prefer heavier drinks like a Guinness or ales like London Pride or Doombar. Pale Ales seem to be the popular thing in Australia and New Zealand and whilst they’re nice they’re essentially watered down ales. Completely off topic that bit of info.

Spoken like a true Northerner.

Not really made any resolution but I've already been exercising more since New Year. 

Partly due to stress and being busy with uni and job applications, and also probably partly due to getting into a long term relationship and getting complacent, I've put on a little weight. 

Now that I'm in a better place in my life and also likely to have more time, it makes sense to be more active. 

Im trying to avoid being too rigid or official about it in the hopes that it keeps me more motivated. Just going for one extra run or one extra 30 minutes on the exercise bike every week, that's all. 

• Subscriber

Not so much a New Years Resolution because I started it early December but just generally trying to be a bit healthier and make better choices about my diet, exercise and how I look after myself.

It's been a while since I was invested in a serious relationship too. I'm not the type to go looking very much as I believe it has to happen naturally but I might try just a wee bit harder to make something happen over the next 12 months.

Archived