talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Callum Hudson-Odoi signs new 5 year deal

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This guy is like the most highly rated player I’ve literally never seen play well 

Bayern apparently offering 70Mill for him... It's been rejected by the club but rumour has it they might try one more time before the window closes... that's a shit lot of money for him I must say if that's true

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

70m. 

Are they mad? 

Seems so... Apparently the deal involves him going on loan this season and then them being able to buy him for a fixed price next season... Chelsea have turned it down but Hansi Flick really rates him so not sure what might happen?? Lampard is saying he wants him to stay but if the deal was right for the club and the player things might change... 

Just now, Cicero said:

I’d say at 70 mill we’d be daft to turn that down. 

Those were my thoughts as well.... clearly they see some massive long term potential improvement from him that we have not yet witnessed if they think he is worth that kind of outlay at his age... Everything is a gamble at this point, if we keep hold of him but that potential does not materialise at Chelsea then we would be kicking ourselves for not taking it, on the other hand if he leaves and they nurture him into a world beater then we would also be kicking ourselves.. xD

Damned if you do, damned if you don't... that's assuming that these figures are fairly accurate of course

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This guy is like the most highly rated player I’ve literally never seen play well 

Fair comment I guess.

He did look very good under Sarri in fairness, a bit raw still but with great potential, he then got injured and is still trying to get back in the groove. The problem at the moment is that his best position is on the left but that's where Pulisic or Werner play and so he often gets put on the right if he's in the team which doesn't suit him as much. He did play on a right a few times under Sarri though and impressed.

Whilst a lot of the hype is perhaps unjustified, there is tremendous potential there. He's very similar to Robben (just on the opposite side) in the fact that he likes to cut inside from the left and get onto his right foot which gets predictable at times but Robben made a fantastic career out of it so it can be done.

Squad wise I think we need him though. Alongside Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi is the only player that can go past people. I'd would personally be rotating him with Pulisic a lot on that left-hand side, moving Werner centrally.

Sport Bild giving their views on what happened with the loan offer from Bayern for CHO:

For Callum Hudson-Odoi, Chelsea demanded an obligation to buy of over €77m that would be triggered if he reaches a certain amount of appearances. In addition, they wanted to include a penalty clause if Hudson-Odoi doesn't get enough games.

On Saturday after the Crystal Palace game, Hasan Salihamidžić called Chelsea director Marina Granovskaia who insisted on Chelsea's demands. Therefore Salihamidžić decided to end the negotiations and pursue the alternative (Douglas Costa).

Haha Marina can't be fucked with

17 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ended up getting the better player in Douglas Costa...

A player who's end product is actually way worse than Willian's xD

Just goes to show Bayern don't value CHO as much as they make it out in the public. All they wanted was free depth. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

A player who's end product is actually way worse than Willian's xD

Just goes to show Bayern don't value CHO as much as they make it out in the public. All they wanted was free depth. 

77m Euros for CHO is utterly ridiculous let's be honest here. No wonder they don't value him as much as that regardless.

It's hardly Marina not being fucked with. Just means Bayern aren't going to be hardballed in to a deal. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

77m Euros for CHO is utterly ridiculous let's be honest here. No wonder they don't value him as much as that regardless.

It's hardly Marina not being fucked with. Just means Bayern aren't going to be hardballed in to a deal. 

Given how Bayern openly and publicly  talked about CHO the past couple years as if he was one of their players, and now this last ditch attempted to try and use us for free squad depth, was just taking the piss at this point. 

77 million+ obligation to buy and penalty clause for appearances? Marina did a fine job telling them to get fucked. xD

Archived