talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Callum Hudson-Odoi signs new 5 year deal

• Subscriber

Liverpool have joined Bayern Munich in the race to sign Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, 18. (Bild - in German)

Der FC Bayern bekommt im Poker um Callum Hudson-Odoi (18) weitere Konkurrenz. Ausgerechnet der FC Liverpool, der Gegner der Münchner im Champions-League-Achtelfinale, hat nach SPORT BILD-Informationen einen Vorstoß beim Juwel des FC Chelsea gewagt.

Anfang Januar hat es sogar bereits ein Treffen gegeben. Neben Bruder und Berater Bradley soll sogar Callum Hudson-Odoi selbst bei dem Gespräch mit dem Liverpool-Vertreter am Tisch gesessen haben. Mit Reds-Trainer Jürgen Klopp (51) tritt im Werben um Hudson-Odoi also ein weiterer finanzkräftiger Kontrahent gegen Bayern an. Auch ein Bundesligist machte sich für das Wintertransfer-Fenster Hoffnung auf einen Wechsel des Flügelspielers. Wie bei Liverpool hörte sich die Familie Hudson-Odoi auch eine Offerte von RB Leipzig an...

https://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/premier-league/premierleague/fc-liverpool-callum-hudson-odoi-poker-fc-bayern-59701464.sport.html

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like Hudson to stay, but if he doesn't want to no need to keep unhappy players at the club. Also no need to keep players that don't want to be here, plenty of players would love to play for the club. Saying all this i agree that he isn't in for the money but play time, and unfortunately we are doing nothing to provide him play time but doing our best to make him filthy rich.

• The title was changed to Callum Hudson-Odoi - Chelsea Winger to Leave?

When I was back home for Christmas, I twice saw him accompanied by a mate or family member walking into Stamford Bridge just like a match day fan. On both occasions he walked about 10 minutes in a bit of hurry (which now in hindsight was probably down to a fear of being spotted and mobbed) and on both occasions he was barely noticed by anyone. The 2nd occasion he was standing outside the entrance for a decent period meeting a group of people who could have been family or friends. We didn't follow him, it was just that he was entering the ground the same part we were and hence we had the same journey. There were a few people that seemed to notice but that was about it. Seen a few youth players do that over the years and everyone else has barely batted an eyelid but it was just strange experiences with Hudson as the Bayern talks had started before we saw him on those two occasions and hence he was very much in the news. Perhaps a lot easier for the youth players not to be spotted I guess, considering their looks. Would have been a lot different say someone like Giroud or Luiz walking through the match-day crowds.

• Subscriber

Chelsea coach Zola makes last-ditch Hudson-Odoi plea as winger nears Bayern Munich move

CHELSEA assistant Gianfranco Zola insists Chelsea are doing everything they can to keep Callum Hudson-Odoi at the club.

By ADAM SKINNER

PUBLISHED: 20:22, Sun, Jan 27, 2019 | UPDATED: 21:05, Sun, Jan 27, 2019

The young winger, 18, handed in a transfer request on Saturday in a bid to force a move to Bayern Munich.

He played a starring role in Chelsea’s 3-0 win over Sheffield Wednesday in the fourth round of the FA Cup today.

Hudson-Odoi scored either side of two efforts from Willian as Maurizio Sarri’s cruised into the fifth round.

He then refused to be drawn on his future when quizzed on the subject immediately after the game.

But Zola has pleaded with him to stay and has told him not to expect more first-team action if he moves to the Bundesliga giants.

When asked if he will stay, the Italian conceded: “I don’t know, we want him to stay.

“We believe in what he can do for this club. We don’t know many 18-year-olds who are playing as much as him. It shows we believe in him.

“We can do as much as we can do, He has a lot of strong players next to him.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1078660/Chelsea-Zola-Hudson-Odoi-plea-Bayern-Munich-transfer-news-rumours-gossip

I don't know Bayern's current squad situation well enough to comment on whether he'll get more game time there.

However, I don't blame him for looking for a move and it will only be Sarri's fault and the club's. How Hudson-Odoi hasn't got more game time this season considering the competitions we've played in and how shit Willian has been and how Pedro hasn't been his usual self either. The kid should be starting on merit.

• Subscriber

Basically Ribery and Robben are both out next season. That leaves us with Gnabry, Müller, James and Coman that can play the wings. Gnabry and Coman being the natural wingers, theres definitely a spot for the taking, plus those two are seemingly injury prone to boot.

• Subscriber

Munich to return

Bayern Munich have warned Chelsea that they will return for £35million Callum Hudson-Odoi in the summer - and that the Blues face a fight to keep him.

The German champions’ chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge said: “We want to have the best quality of players.”

Chelsea rejected a string of bids for 18-year-old Hudson-Odoi — Bayern’s no.1 target for the January transfer window - but the teenager is still keen to quit the club.

Chelsea were unmoved by a transfer request ahead of last week’s deadline and, after previously courting him, Maurizio Sarri claimed last week that Hudson-Odoi should “respect the club’s academy”.

Bayern director Hasan Salihamidzic pushed hard for the player last month with the England Under-19 international wideman desperate to leave after failing to start a single Premier League game for Chelsea.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-united-liverpool-mo-salah-15780964

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Hudson-Odoi escape route from Maurizio Sarri

The 18-year-old has only played 13 minutes of Premier League football since he asked to leave in January when Bayern Munich attempted to sign him

By Sean O'Brien

21st February 2019, 12:07 pm

hudson-odoi.jpg?strip=all&w=810&quality=

The talented winger submitted a transfer request in January amid several offers from Bayern, but eventually stayed with the Blues as Sarri hinted he would get more minutes on the pitch.

But since asking to leave, Hudson-Odoi has played just 13 minutes of Premier League football and continues to wait for his debut start in the English top-flight.

The England youth international was left on the bench for Monday night’s 2-0 defeat to Manchester United, which saw the Blues eliminated from the FA Cup.

Fans inside Stamford Bridge repeatedly chanted Hudson-Odoi’s name, begging Sarri to introduce the teenager, but instead, the manager made three like-for-like substitutions which failed to impact the game.

Bayern are expected to return with a bid in the summer, after their £35million offer was rejected in January, while PSG are also plotting their move, according to The Sun

https://talksport.com/football/498066/chelsea-transfer-news-callum-hudson-odoi-maurizio-sarri-paris-saint-germain/

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Pulisic signing confirms for me that CHO is off. 

We can only afford to have one young potential winger in the side. We need attackers with end product desperately. 

Your transfer business is nearly as bad as ours...

No one can definitively say who will eventually be better out of Pulisic and CHO, but surely you'd back your homegrown youth product.

3 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Your transfer business is nearly as bad as ours...

No one can definitively say who will eventually be better out of Pulisic and CHO, but surely you'd back your homegrown youth product.

Nah. Pulisic sells more shirts. Duh

2 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Considering you could be getting rid of Pedro and Willian and you may lose Hazard, surely there is a chance CHO will be kept? Or is it unlikely you get rid of both Pedro and Willian?

I don't know anymore. When the club is rejecting 60 millions bids on Willian, it's clear as day they don't know football. 

“If I am at the club and I want Callum to play consistently, I have to sell another winger. Otherwise the manager is in trouble.”

More evidence suggesting players that were invested on and have expensive contracts, are pressured by the manager to play more. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived