talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Callum Hudson-Odoi signs new 5 year deal

• Subscriber

Callum Hudson-Odoi transfer: Premier League giants 'enter race'

Liverpool have entered the race to sign Callum Hudson-Odoi, joining Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in a three-way tussle for the winger.

According to Bild, the Reds are keeping a close eye on the 18 year-old, further muddying the waters of the England prospect's future after the Blues refused to allow him to talk to Bayern in January.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-defender-set-exit-chelsea-16010123

"21.03.2019 - 11:30 Uhr

Borussia Dortmund und der FC Bayern liefern sich nicht nur in der Bundesliga einen Zweikampf – sondern jetzt offenbar auch im Werben um Chelsea-Youngster Callum Hudson-Odoi (18).

Bisher war klar: Die Bayern wollen den Flügelflitzer vom FC Chelsea unbedingt verpflichten.

Doch wie der „Telegraph“ berichtet, hat auch Borussia Dortmund Interesse an dem englischen Talent".......

https://sportbild.bild.de/bundesliga/vereine/borussia-dortmund/hudson-odoi-chelsea-fc-bayern-konkurrenz-borussia-dortmund-wechsel-60790118.sport.html

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/03/2019 at 20:29, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wouldn't mind him with us. Versatile, pacy, got a ton of potential.

Image result for woah gifs

Just back up a bit away from the youth potential if you don't mind fella.... B| don't mind if you look from a distance but don't start prodding the merchandise you will never be able to afford.. wouldn't surprise me if you hadn't taken a leaf out of the Leeds United book of fair play and had spies up trees and in bushes at the training ground filling out stat sheets all night and day on him... 

It would rank in the top 10 worst blunders of all time if Chelsea let him slip through their fingers into the hands of another club.. no matter how much they are offering we should be keeping, and more importantly playing him on a regular basis... If the club do persuade him to stay I hope he gets it in his contract that if they don't fulfill a certain amount of games each season then he can say "fuck this, I'm off" Don't really want to see them tie him down then not play him that would be criminal... 

By the way I posted your comments about Drogba on his twitter account to show him the Liverpool fans don't have any respect for our legends... hopefully this will sour his view of your club and he will cross it off his potential moves list.. 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Image result for woah gifs

Just back up a bit away from the youth potential if you don't mind fella.... B| don't mind if you look from a distance but don't start prodding the merchandise you will never be able to afford.. wouldn't surprise me if you hadn't taken a leaf out of the Leeds United book of fair play and had spies up trees and in bushes at the training ground filling out stat sheets all night and day on him... 

It would rank in the top 10 worst blunders of all time if Chelsea let him slip through their fingers into the hands of another club.. no matter how much they are offering we should be keeping, and more importantly playing him on a regular basis... If the club do persuade him to stay I hope he gets it in his contract that if they don't fulfill a certain amount of games each season then he can say "fuck this, I'm off" Don't really want to see them tie him down then not play him that would be criminal... 

By the way I posted your comments about Drogba on his twitter account to show him the Liverpool fans don't have any respect for our legends... hopefully this will sour his view of your club and he will cross it off his potential moves list.. 

xD I'll tweet at him showing him all the evidence that we love Mo Salah, a man who wasn't a Chelsea legend (like CHO isn't) and then left and ended up a star winger with us. Gotta keep him aware of his bright career prospects.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

xD I'll tweet at him showing him all the evidence that we love Mo Salah, a man who wasn't a Chelsea legend (like CHO isn't) and then left and ended up a star winger with us. Gotta keep him aware of his bright career prospects.

Image result for touche sir gif

7 hours ago, Cicero said:

Callum Hudson-Odoi has been directly involved in nine goals in his nine starts for Chelsea in all competitions, scoring four and assisting five.

Has Pedro always been so underwhelming with Chelsea. He was good in the year Conte won the league (iirc), but other than that I've felt his time in England has been very underwhelming.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Has Pedro always been so underwhelming with Chelsea. He was good in the year Conte won the league (iirc), but other than that I've felt his time in England has been very underwhelming.

Under Mourinho he can be excused as he came into a team that went completely pear-shaped and he was in a new country, new league etc. In Conte's first season he was class, he was appreciated but I don't think he fully got the credit he deserved at the same time. Conte's 2nd season he was OK but levels above most players in terms of mentality. You have to remember the context of Conte's 2nd season where a lot of players were perhaps not at their best but I'd say Pedro was in the group of better performers. This season he's been a bit disappointing or inconsistent. For us, there's always been that belief that we could better him, I don't mean get rid but have a player that was of a higher level playing in his position. Even in Conte's first season, that belief surfaced at times.

He's a good player, one that has perhaps been a bit underrated his whole career. He was fantastic at Barcelona. This season though a bit disappointing. What I have always liked about him is the fact that if he's having a bad game in an attacking sense,  he'd always keep possession well, work hard defensively, and conduct himself with a great mentality. Those were always guaranteed, this season, however, those guarantees have dropped a little. He seems to be losing the ball a lot more which is a worry as ball retention is something he's very good at normally. He's got good agility about him despite his age and he's still quick in tight spaces and situations. His inconsistency this season could be in part due to age, he's 32 this year and has always been a player that goes all out and is full of running and energy. Maybe he's feeling it a bit more nowadays or maybe it's just a dip in form.

For the record, he's been one of my favourite Chelsea players of the last 3-4 years. I think it would be wise for the club to moderate his performances this season and the next and then make a decision on his future from there. We are definitely however using him and Willian too much this season though.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Does he have a wing he's naturally better on? I know he's played RW mostly but obviously that could just be because of Hazard.

Left preferably given he's the most effective there. He's a very direct player so he's good on either side. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived