talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Callum Hudson-Odoi signs new 5 year deal

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Of course not, pushed for his Bayern move. It failed and now of course he is keen on signing with Chelsea now.

Yep. His move that he pushed for fell through, now he wants an improved deal at Chelsea. 

Fuck him off I'd say. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yep. His move that he pushed for fell through, now he wants an improved deal at Chelsea. 

Fuck him off I'd say. 

Isn't this what Gerrard did for you quite a few years back?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Isn't this what Gerrard did for you quite a few years back?

Not really, Gerrard pulled put of the deal to Chelsea himself (get ready for the death threat reasons 9_9). Nothing to do with getting a new contract and nothing to do with him attaining a serious injury to scupper the move. 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Not really, Gerrard pulled put of the deal to Chelsea himself (get ready for the death threat reasons 9_9). Nothing to do with getting a new contract and nothing to do with him attaining a serious injury to scupper the move. 

Did he not put in a transfer request to go to Chelsea?

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Did he not put in a transfer request to go to Chelsea?

Yep and then withdrew it. I'm not saying he was a saint, far from it. Im just saying it's not compatible to this young Chelsea starlets situation. 

At the time Gerrard was one of the most sort after players in the world, he could have played for anyone and earned as much money as he liked. This Chelsea youth has barely kicked a first team ball. 

Two totally different scenarios mate. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yep and then withdrew it. I'm not saying he was a saint, far from it. Im just saying it's not compatible to this young Chelsea starlets situation. 

At the time Gerrard was one of the most sort after players in the world, he could have played for anyone and earned as much money as he liked. This Chelsea youth has barely kicked a first team ball. 

Two totally different scenarios mate. 

True. The influence of each player is different at their respective club but fact remains Gerrard wanted out at one time and looked for a move. I don't disagree that Gerrard was one of the world's best midfielders and would have been sought after, for sure.

Gerrard was desperate for a move to Chelsea, he said i quote "Fuck Liverpool we haven't won the title in three decades, i always looked up to Lampard who is twice the player i am even on his bad day. Also that guy from TFF called LFCMadLad is a secret Evertonian".

Shocking really

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Gerrard was desperate for a move to Chelsea, he said i quote "Fuck Liverpool we haven't won the title in three decades, i always looked up to Lampard who is twice the player i am even on his bad day. Also that guy from TFF called LFCMadLad is a secret Evertonian".

Shocking really

Wow. I knew he said the first bit but didn't expect the last sentence. 

• 2 weeks later...

Bayern’s interest in him had our hands tied. Not getting playing time under Sarri made matters worse. We either had to equal or better what ever they were offering him. Obviously Lampard and the club view him as a valuable long term asset. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

It's only half what rashfords getting, and in the bracket that we're paying Keita, ox and Lallana.

What a wierd comparison?

CHO has hardly kicked a first team ball whilst the others are all seasoned Internationals. Granted Rashford is ridiculous money for his age but still...

Not delighted with the manner things went with him in the past period, but it was obvious it would happen. He is a good player with loads of potential but the 120k per week is basically pay to stop him thinking about moving to Bayern. Under Lampard think he will have a lot of time to play, but at some point if everyone is fit we could have James, Ruben, Mount, Tammy, Pulišić and Odoi all starting with very limited experience.

3 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

What a wierd comparison?

CHO has hardly kicked a first team ball whilst the others are all seasoned Internationals. Granted Rashford is ridiculous money for his age but still...

What output more do we get from Lallana than they get from Cho?

Which one would you rather have in your squad on that wage right now?

2 hours ago, Harry said:

What output more do we get from Lallana than they get from Cho?

Which one would you rather have in your squad on that wage right now?

Lallana has built up to that wage over years of top flight football  xD He wasnt just given it on a whim pal.

Of course now injuries have totally got hold of him hes not much better than useless to us, and yes I'd now much prefer CHO in our squad. 

That still makes your comparison silly mate. You took absolutely nothing into account xD

15 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why wouldn't he sign it with that amount of money at that age. Pretty ridiculous sum tbh.

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

Bayern’s interest in him had our hands tied. Not getting playing time under Sarri made matters worse. We either had to equal or better what ever they were offering him. Obviously Lampard and the club view him as a valuable long term asset. 

4 hours ago, True Blue said:

Not delighted with the manner things went with him in the past period, but it was obvious it would happen. He is a good player with loads of potential but the 120k per week is basically pay to stop him thinking about moving to Bayern. Under Lampard think he will have a lot of time to play, but at some point if everyone is fit we could have James, Ruben, Mount, Tammy, Pulišić and Odoi all starting with very limited experience.

Pretty much the fault of the club that all this has come about...  The bloke has hardly had any playing time in the first team and someone at Bayern was willing to part with hard cash to get him into their team for the future and why wouldn't he think about the move?? They obviously saw the opportunity to help him step up and with chances very few and far between at Chelsea he was probably very tempted.. Had our policy been about bringing our youth through earlier or at least giving them a certain amount of game time each season then maybe they could have increased his pay a bit at a time rather than rushing in with a huge deal just to keep him happy and another club at bay.. 

The way the club deal with youth has been appalling we all know that and let's not think that this sudden rush to have our youngsters in the side is some brand new way forward, this is all to do with the transfer ban and Lampards willingness to give the youth a chance, something he probably had the club by the throat with before agreeing to take over as Manager.. 

Chelsea literally wrote CHO ransom note for him... 

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Lallana has built up to that wage over years of top flight football  xD He wasnt just given it on a whim pal.

Of course now injuries have totally got hold of him hes not much better than to us, and yes I'd now much prefer CHO in our squad. 

That still makes your comparison silly mate. You took absolutely nothing into account xD

Nicely said. But my initial post was entirely factual mate. I just posted the salaries of some players and didn't pass any comment on whether any of them were worth those amounts.

Lampard showed faith in Tammy, Mount, and Tomori, and they’ve been our best players so far. 

CHO and James are allegedly the most exciting prospects we’ve had in decades, so the club and Lampard will inevitably do everything to keep them both. 

• 1 year later...

Archived