talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

What Were Your Personal 2018 Highlights?

football forum

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing Stand Up for the first time this year, honestly spent the month  before worrying and then nearly shat myself daily in the week building up to it. Possibly the best thing I’ve ever done and that’s up there with skydives, seeing paradise like islands and beaches.

A satisfying but long year with work, needing a holiday from about July onwards but not getting one until now. 

A year with a heavily pregnant moody wife going to sleep at 8.30pm every night. 

New born baby girl as an xmas present!

Amazing moments seeing my son take a shine to the big brother role. 

Graduating with a 2:1 and getting an A for my dissertation.

Being offered my first real job.

2 week holiday in the states. 

And meeting the girl I'd go on to have my first long-term relationship with.

Overall a great year. Going into the start of 4th year of uni, back in autumn 2017, I had just got back from my year abroad and I felt like things weren't ever going to be as good as they had been during that. For the first half of my 4th year going into 2018 I was pretty down, adjusting to living at home again, stressed over getting the grades I needed, not being able to get a job for after uni, and having come out of a short thing with a girl that was completely wrong for me.

And now basically all of these stresses have been dealt with completely. 

• Subscriber

Stopped smoking on Dec 7 last year so that's over 1 year without smoking a lung buster, saved out a hell of a lot of money in the long run, the only downside to all that is now I have to watch my weight, jumped from around 11 stone when I was smoking and now weigh 13.1/2 stone  :dash3:

• Subscriber

Moved to a new town that I always wanted to move to and rented a brand new house there.
Had a few improvements and progress in personal relationships.
Got back into photography.
Cut a few people out of my life that thoroughly deserved it.

A decent year all in all, but I hope I can learn to feel happy again and enjoy things like I used to as that's been missing from my life for quite a while.

• Administrator

Finally found someone to rent my flat out and getting some good rent off that. Consequently have moved back home which has been an adjustment but has meant I've been able to save more money.

At work, money-wise, have brought in nearly £50,000 of rental income since April which means I'm smashing my targets and just have to maintain that til March. If only I worked on commission -_-

Nothing special for me this year. Getting to see Peru in the World Cup, and I guess finding out I'm becoming an uncle. Otherwise, pretty routine year.

Got a new job at a cyber security company which is what I wanted and so far it's been absolute class. 

Picked France to win the WC and was nailed on. Plus found  a new love in Mbappe. 

Celebrated my daughter's 1 year old bday, which is crazy as it seems like only yesterday my wife and i were getting the nursery ready. 

Ran 2 marathons and an ultra-marathon all of which were PR's. 

On the financial front, wife and I are better than ever. I guess having a kid really allowed us to step up and making smarter decision, which has helped the bank account AND our relationship. 

Atlanta United kicked ass. 

Portsmouth is currently kicking ass. 

Inter Milan had a decent run in the CL and are looking to get back into the CL. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Got a new job at a cyber security company which is what I wanted and so far it's been absolute class. 

Picked France to win the WC and was nailed on. Plus found  a new love in Mbappe. 

Celebrated my daughter's 1 year old bday, which is crazy as it seems like only yesterday my wife and i were getting the nursery ready. 

On the financial front, wife and I are better than ever. I guess having a kid really allowed us to step up and making smarter decision, which has helped the bank account AND our relationship. 

Welcome back Lucas!

1 hour ago, Blue said:

Nothing special for me this year. Getting to see Peru in the World Cup, and I guess finding out I'm becoming an uncle. Otherwise, pretty routine year.

Next year should be pretty sweet for you then mate! The uncle role is a fun one! 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

That's a heck of a year mate! 

Multiple marathons in incredible. But what's an ultra marathon? 

34 minutes ago, Harry said:

That's a heck of a year mate! 

Multiple marathons in incredible. But what's an ultra marathon? 

Ultra-Marathon is anything over a marathon (26.2 miles or 42.2km).

I ran a race called the Fat Ass 50k, which was roughly 32 miles in the woods on a trail, climbing rocks, running up mountains, doing some stairs, just like a marathon but on a hiking trail.  

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Did i win your prediction league ? :ph34r:

Archived