talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Dominic Solanke - Bournemouth Deal Complete

Huddersfield are among the clubs that would be keen on a January loan deal for Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke, Sky Sports News understands.

Jurgen Klopp suggested last week Solanke could be given the chance to spend the second half of the season at another club after struggling to establish himself in the first team.

The 21-year-old has not made a single appearance yet this term and only six starts in all competitions since signing from Chelsea in 2017.

Crystal Palace and West Ham are also reportedly interested in a loan - and Huddersfield are thought to be looking at mostly loan deals as they try to bolster their squad for the ongoing relegation scrap.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Needs to be playing. Given what he's achieved at under 21 level with England I'm sure there's a player in there. It's fair enough to point out that he should have done more when he's had opportunities at Liverpool but not enough evidence to write him off yet. Not saying I think he'll make it there but he needs to go and get some game time so he can see what standard he can get up to.

If he's of a similar ability to Lookman, Calvert-Lewin etc, and I'm not being biased, just too lazy to think of non Everton players in that under 21 team, then he should be looking to make himself a fixture in a side like Huddersfield if he goes.

• 4 weeks later...

His move to Liverpool has been a failure but to be fair I don't think a traditional striker fits Klopp's system. Loaning him out and hoping he does well in a more typical system will drive up the price a bit before they sell him in the summer. Makes sense. 

• Subscriber

Dominic Solanke set to opt for Crystal Palace ahead of Brighton in a loan move

Dominic Solanke has impressed for England Under-21s. 

Crystal Palace and Brighton are going head to head in pursuit of the England Under-21 forward Dominic Solanke, who is expected to leave Liverpool next month in search of regular football.

Solanke, a prolific scorer in Chelsea’s youth teams before his controversial switch to Merseyside in 2017, has scored only one Premier League goal and is yet to play a minute of competitive action this season, having seen his progress hampered by niggling injuries and heightened competition.

However, he is now fit, comes highly recommended by coaches within England’s junior set-up and has attracted interest from both clubs, together with inquiries from Huddersfield and Fulham...

(More) >  https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/28/crystal-palace-liverpool-dominic-solanke-loan

• Subscriber

Crystal Palace: Liverpool striker Dominic Solanke interests Roy Hodgson

2 hours ago | Liverpool

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says he wants to sign Liverpool and England striker Dominic Solanke on loan in the January transfer window.

Palace, who lost 1-0 to Chelsea on Sunday, have scored 17 goals in 20 games this season, the third lowest in the Premier League.

"It's no secret he's a target," said Hodgson. "He's a proven goalscorer through all the age groups."

Huddersfield and Brighton are also interested in 21-year-old Solanke.

It is understood there is also interest from the Championship and clubs outside England.

"He's someone with the profile we're looking for, and the ability we are looking for. We know him better from the England games, and the performances with England," said Hodgson.

"If he comes here, it'll be up to him to show he can do that in Premier League football."

Solanke, a former England youth international who has won one senior cap - against Brazil last year - joined Liverpool from Chelsea on a free transfer in 2017.

However, he has not made a first-team appearance for the league leaders this season.

He was ruled out of Saturday's 5-1 win over Arsenal with a muscle problem.

Hodgson added: "I thought he was a good signing from Liverpool's point of view, but he's been kept out of the team by some very strong players.

"It would take some player to knock their front three out of the team, so it's not a negative that he's not been able to do so."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46708571

Even if Liverpool win the league and Barca win the CL you will continue to latch on any single thing you can. Just this morning it was liverpool get lucky with calls. 

Or this. Literally 5 seconds ago xD

Now that Klopp changed his philosophy and exposed himself like the clown/hypocrite he is after the cheap dig at Mou. He had to be more like Mou to finally win something, I'll take that any day.

It's getting old. 

On 29/11/2018 at 18:08, RandoEFC said:

Needs to be playing. Given what he's achieved at under 21 level with England I'm sure there's a player in there. It's fair enough to point out that he should have done more when he's had opportunities at Liverpool but not enough evidence to write him off yet. Not saying I think he'll make it there but he needs to go and get some game time so he can see what standard he can get up to.

If he's of a similar ability to Lookman, Calvert-Lewin etc, and I'm not being biased, just too lazy to think of non Everton players in that under 21 team, then he should be looking to make himself a fixture in a side like Huddersfield if he goes.

I personally thought Solanke was garbage at the U20 World Cup. The wins came from the Everton lads performing well. Solanke won the best player of the tournament but wasn't even England's top 3.

1 hour ago, José said:

And ignoring Messi's tendency of going Mia when it matters is not getting old? There is always more than one way to look at things and that's my only flaw. Yea I have an agenda, to expose the raw truth of things. :ay:

No. Your self serving bias gets old.

You claim Mourinho is better than Klopp because he's won things at United, yet if Klopp wins the league it will make everything Mourinho won with United irrelevant. Your response is that Klopp is a hypocrite and is only doing well because he is doing what Mourinho is doing, which makes no sense as Klopp is closer to winning the league then getting sacked. 

Your Messi argument is the worst I've ever heard as it jumps from argument to argument. Even if Messi and Barca win the CL again, you will go from 'he doesn't show up in big games' to, he has never won the CL back to back to try and justify why he isn't the best ever. 

You jump from argument to argument to argument to maintain your self esteem. It's just so old. 

2 hours ago, José said:

Given you a clear example of how Firmino and others can pile up stats ala Messi but what counts is when you do it in crucial moments. It's like going undefeated during the regular season and getting the MVP award but going completely unnoticed during the Super bowl, that's exactly what Messi has been doing for his latter years and what Firmino and Mane did when Salah went down. It was never Sergio ramos fault it was choking ala Messi by Klopp's boys what lost the CL. :ay:

@The Rebel CRS

Obsessing about Klopp again 9_9

9 minutes ago, José said:

Completely twisting my words around. Klopp criticized Mou, a cheap dig, and months later he does the same he criticized and looks like a hypocrite. The Klopp way wasn't going to win the league. 

Obsessing over Klopp again 9_9

Archived