Everton 0-1 Leicester - Tuesday 1st January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Shock. Vardy played in and scores.

Absolutely essential to Leicester. They need to play to his strengths because that is what he does.

To be honest it was a complete gift. We've gotten lucky here. Ricardo and Vardy did well but god knows why it takes a fuck up for us to be able to force that position. I'll take it but my god xD

• Subscriber

Embarrassing this. Leicester clearly want it more like Brighton did the other day. Our players have no idea how to attack. All you have to do to beat us is clog up the midfield, wait for us to take our foot off the gas a bit and hit us on the break or simply seize the momentum.

Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce, Silva. Same passive shite from a lot of the same players, just the year that's different.

Fans already leaving the stadium. Can't blame them. Maguire should finish the game beyond doubt there.

• Subscriber

That's a very good win although I've no idea what was up with Everton. Surely they aren't usually that awful.

We're decent when we're ahead. We look comfortable. 

• Subscriber

Absolute cancer from us that. Our idiot fans will start calling for the managers head now, because constantly changing managers over the last few seasons has served us so well up to this point.

No excuses from our point of view, Leicester basically did nothing yet still comfortably deserved to win, we were that bad.

The problems go deeper than the manager. We've had several fundamental flaws in the side dating back to the Moyes years now. Set piece deliveries hitting the first man 90% of the time, technically capable players looking clueless on the ball when behind, not being able to play well for 90 minutes, and just a basic lack of resilience. The same issues regardless of the fact that we've changed managers several times and changed almost the entire squad.

I don't know what needs to change but the manager is a superficial change. I'd give anything just to see 11 players on the pitch who are uninhibited, at least match the opposition in how much they want to win 50-50 challenges which shouldn't even need saying, and actually take risks instead of passing the ball and the responsibility over to a team mate at every opportunity.

9 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's a very good win although I've no idea what was up with Everton. Surely they aren't usually that awful.

I disagree. The last few times I've tuned in to watch them and they always look so laboured going forward. It really is hard work watching them.

I would actually go as far as to say, Everton look more of a threat when they play away than when they do at home. They don't seem to be comfortable dictating/dominating the game when the onus is on them at home. 

And the worst thing from their point of view is that they leak goals. Zouma played for a relegated Stoke last year, why he's deemed good enough is beyond me and Keane often gives the impression of Bambi on ice.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I disagree. The last few times I've tuned in to watch them and they always look so laboured going forward. It really is hard work watching them.

I would actually go as far as to say, Everton look more of a threat when they play away than when they do at home. They don't seem to be comfortable dictating/dominating the game when the onus is on them at home. 

And the worst thing from their point of view is that they leak goals. Zouma played for a relegated Stoke last year, why he's deemed good enough is beyond me and Keane often gives the impression of Bambi on ice.

Everton and Leicester are both better away than at home. It's no surprise in my eyes that both fixtures resulted in away wins.

I was impressed by Everton when they came here. I wonder if the derby loss has hit them. They've been awful since.

This has been one truly weird season.

It pains me to see Everton in such a despondent state at the moment, it should be a really exciting time with a potentially great stadium on the horizon. Even then their leadership manage to stall and draw out the procedure so much that it gets dimmed in a cacophony of mediocrity. They're in a medium that they can't get out of. 

• Subscriber

If Puel can crack opening defensive teams up through our own quality, rather than gifts like today's goal, he will be a success here. One equaliser conceded all season is seriously impressive.

38 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Embarrassing this. Leicester clearly want it more like Brighton did the other day. Our players have no idea how to attack. All you have to do to beat us is clog up the midfield, wait for us to take our foot off the gas a bit and hit us on the break or simply seize the momentum.

Martinez, Koeman, Unsworth, Allardyce, Silva. Same passive shite from a lot of the same players, just the year that's different.

Fans already leaving the stadium. Can't blame them. Maguire should finish the game beyond doubt there.

Everton fans leaving early or booing the players is nothing new. 

Possibly the worst fans in the world. Never used to be like that mind, just the new generation. 

• The title was changed to Everton 0-1 Leicester - Tuesday 1st January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived