The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 0-2 Man Utd - Wednesday 2nd January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Harvsky said:

It's bad but for me not as bad as the way you describe it. It's not a leg breaker. 

Doesn't have to be a leg-breaker to be dangerous.

Studs at the back of the knee, from behind, is dangerous. To me, it's quite clearly malicious as well given the speed he comes in, too. 

That’s one of those ones that looks bad (because it is bad) that sort of looks better than it should because it could have gone a lot worse in terms of what happened when a player goes studs up into someone’s knee. Still very dangerous though

1 hour ago, Stan said:

oh my fucking days. Makes a mockery of 'only big clubs get decisions' in games but Shelvey simply has to face retrospective action. If this isn't dangerous play I don't know what it is. Fucking nasty.

Actually fancy doing a celebratory dab to that challenge.

• Subscriber

Shelvey should have gone off for that challenge considering the nature of the tackle and the added fact that its from behind as well. Absolutely no intention to get the ball. Having said all that it was quite hilarious to see Pogba retaliate and I was really hoping that there would have been a fight between the two but it never materialized. Newcastle sold themselves short by not harassing the midfield more and using Matt on the wing to pass the ball inwards (if they could pass a bit higher). Rondon had a chance too which went begging and Atsu was in a lot of positions to work the keeper but it just wasn't happening. 

You have to wonder where the points are going to come for Newcastle now with the next 6 fixtures because any kind of defensive game is going to only result in point loss and it doesn't seem like they have an attacking threat, that can convert goals, of any kind either.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Doesn't have to be a leg-breaker to be dangerous.

Studs at the back of the knee, from behind, is dangerous. To me, it's quite clearly malicious as well given the speed he comes in, too. 

He should have been sent off but it usually needs to deliver more oof for a retrospective. It wasn't the back of his knee and it isn't clearly malicious. I think it's more likely to be down to how out of sorts Shelvey was from the moment he came on. His match of the day reputation preceeds him with many. 

I bet Teso is creaming his pants, as a team full of stars managed to win four games on a bounce, defeating the 20th, 17th, 15th and 12th team on the table. However improvements are there after Jose left, but the real tests will arrive next week.

Yeah you are a stat fan i can accept that, but then accept stat wise Gylfi Sigurdsson is the superior player goal wise (scored more at Everton). Pogba performed in the past few weeks against teams that are fighting to avoid the drop bar Bournemouth, but he was piss poor since August or where you following City at that period?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived