talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who is the worst club in England to support?

football forum

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

they say the same about you :D 

True but there are better transport links for us. Train to London from Newcastle is quicker than Plymouth to London despite being 50 miles more. We can get to all the northern clubs ok whereas there is nothing around Plymouth.

Norwich also have a single car lane out. Couldn't stand that.

10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'd say as in it's a chore to watch them play, the negative emotions whilst following them vastly out-weight the positive ones and there fans are only following them still because ''they have done since they were a kid''. 

Stef's Oldham shout is a good one in the sense that they've spent the last 17 years doing absolutely nothing whereas I threw Leyton Orient into the mix for obvious reasons.

Well in that case too many clubs are the worst clubs with some being worse than others if you get me.  Even some eternal Premier League clubs in my view.  It's not about winning, it's about competing or at least lending hope to the fans.  There has to be a reason behind even the following of a local team scenario...  Some clubs are just happy to survive in whatever they live in within any division.

Just now, Spike said:

Probably something like MK Dons. Or a club like Arsenal that has half of it's seats sold to foreign businessmen. :ph34r:

Not like regular fans could afford to see them play at the Emirates anyway. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Probably something like MK Dons. Or a club like Arsenal that has half of it's seats sold to foreign businessmen. :ph34r:

To be honest Arsenal can be accused of this upto a certain extent because they have been shrouded in mediocrity for quite some time now.  Even then it would be harsh because the problem at Arsenal is structure and the acceptance from the majority shareholders getting what they want.  I don't want to take this on an Arsenal route from my part though.

42 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

I'd say as in it's a chore to watch them play, the negative emotions whilst following them vastly out-weight the positive ones and there fans are only following them still because ''they have done since they were a kid''. 

You've just described us. 

6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Leyton Orient surely wins this hands down?

To watch, I'd say no, not us at all. 

Since roughly November/December time we've seen an increase in the number of our own youth players being blooded into the first team and though the situation may not be right for them to be blooded, the number of them may be too high, we might not be getting results and they may not be ready, we're actually attempting to play Football, these kids are trying their hearts out on a weekly basis against blokes anything up to double their ages and we actually have some kids in the squad who clearly look talented and have bags of potential. 

If it's worst team to be supporting at present, yes, it's probably us after what's happened here and the situation we've been put in by our owner. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

How can a club be the "worst" club?  How does that work because I'd like to join in but I don't get it.  On what grounds are we determining this?

That's for you to decide.

What about Notts County. Everyone knows Derby and Forest, but you the Magpies. Rumors were that they got bought by a billionaire a few years ago, so they purchased an over age Sol Cambell, but all that fell through, and since they have remained irrelevant. 

• Administrator
9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Well in that case too many clubs are the worst clubs with some being worse than others if you get me.  Even some eternal Premier League clubs in my view.  It's not about winning, it's about competing or at least lending hope to the fans.  There has to be a reason behind even the following of a local team scenario...  Some clubs are just happy to survive in whatever they live in within any division.

so pick the worst out of those xD 

15 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I wouldn't know a lot, being away, but I keep hearing worst things about Milwall all the time. Still, to this day, haven't heard a decent thing about them or their fans.

It's a myth from the 80s, perpetuated by sad little cockney boys who still wish we were 30 years behind..

Last season, there was a charitable collection for a terminally ill girl outside a Wanderers home match against Millwall. Apparently they took a bucket into the away end concourse and helped them raise even more. Their reputation precedes them, which is highly unfair - I've never had a bad experience with them.

That's the thing with Millwall, if you're a normal fan that just wants to go and watch Millwall away and have a couple of drinks, you're immediatey tarred with the same brush as those who want to live up to the reputation the club earnt itself in the past and you'll probably be kettled, ushered in and out of grounds and just treated like dirt for wanting to watch your team. 

53 minutes ago, Stan said:

so pick the worst out of those xD 

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Ok then, I'll go with MK Dons too because I hate everything they stand for.  Although I don't know if that makes them the "worst" club for me.

I did mate...  B|

• Subscriber
On 4/15/2017 at 1:27 AM, ATL said:

What about Notts County. Everyone knows Derby and Forest, but you the Magpies. Rumors were that they got bought by a billionaire a few years ago, so they purchased an over age Sol Cambell, but all that fell through, and since they have remained irrelevant. 

xD Notts County's story was utterly ludicrous. They fell for a complete hoax. They did get promoted that year, but with money they never actually had.

Surprise surprise Sven turned up.

Archived