talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Who is the worst club in England to support?

football forum

• Subscriber
On 4/15/2017 at 9:57 AM, StefBWFC said:

It's a myth from the 80s, perpetuated by sad little cockney boys who still wish we were 30 years behind..

Last season, there was a charitable collection for a terminally ill girl outside a Wanderers home match against Millwall. Apparently they took a bucket into the away end concourse and helped them raise even more. Their reputation precedes them, which is highly unfair - I've never had a bad experience with them.

There was a lot of trouble when we played them this season. Pitch invasion after they won the game which I don't see an issue with, but sure enough it soon ended up with both sets of fans throwing coins and seats at each other for a good half an hour plus.

They have a reputation they'll never fully shake because people will always jump on the bandwagon. People from all over will come and be a part of what Millwall are supposedly about.

I don't buy that they're a bad club, but they have a reputation that they will never totally get rid of.

--------------

Anyway, as what mine is - Coventry City. Unsurprisingly my desire to start this thread came about with their relegation to League Two. The compounding of what an awful club to support they have been.

They haven't come in the top six of any league for around fifty years. That's an absolutely absurd statistic. I bet even if they go back up from League Two it'll be by coming 7th and winning the play-offs.

There is no rollercoaster with them. That's why they're worse than Orient for me. Orient will sort their act out and get back on the up before Coventry will. Portsmouth had the highs, then a tumble down the leagues, now they're seemingly back on the up again.

Coventry have been on a downward slope for the entire time I have followed football. Just imagine that. They just slowly but surely get that bit worse, that bit weaker. Absolutely nothing good comes from supporting Coventry. I'd argue that the celebration their FL Trophy win got sums the situation up more than anything.

And all of this while they have to watch their rivals win the league and play in the last eight of the Champions League :D (Sorry I can't resist).

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived