Liverpool 0-0 Man City
Man City 1-2 Liverpool (friendly)
Man City 1-2 Liverpool (CL)
Liverpool 3-0 Man CIty (CL)
Liverpool 4-3 Man City

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be more ideal going into this game in a "got nothing to lose" situation. Unfortunately we have plenty to lose here with the gap at the top being either 4, 7 or 10 points after this game. 

You'd have to say an away win is extremely unlikely so does that mean we just play for the draw? 

Will be interested to see the lineup Klopp puts together and in particular who gets a Guernsey from those in midfield...

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

It would be more ideal going into this game in a "got nothing to lose" situation. Unfortunately we have plenty to lose here with the gap at the top being either 4, 7 or 10 points after this game. 

You'd have to say an away win is extremely unlikely so does that mean we just play for the draw? 

Will be interested to see the lineup Klopp puts together and in particular who gets a Guernsey from those in midfield...

We don't really have anything to lose:D

• The topic was pinned
37 minutes ago, Harry said:

If we win we cant dispute that we're the main contenders for the title. 

Lose and it's absolutely still a two way race. 

I agree. Just think at this stage of the season we would never have dreamed of going into January four points clear, seven points clear or ten points clear. If we lose they are absolutely in it, if we draw they still are. If we win it's a huge advantage us. 

• Subscriber

Is Fernandinho still out? I think that plays a huge part in how well City really do. I think this is one of those games where we're going to concede but we'll keep it respectable with a draw. 

2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Is Fernandinho still out? I think that plays a huge part in how well City really do. I think this is one of those games where we're going to concede but we'll keep it respectable with a draw. 

Back last game with Silva & Aguero  ...De Bruyne is 50/50 for the 3rd with Gundogan, Walker is fit again, ,Mendy out till Feb

I would play

Ederson

Walker - Stones - Laporte - Danilo

De Bruyne - Fernandinho - Silva

Sterling - Aguero - Sane

BENCH:- Muric, Zinchenko, Otamendi, Mahrez, Gundogan, Bernardo, Jesus

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Klopp won't play for a draw, not a chance. 

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Just for fun, lets do a combined Pool - City XI

143gktu.jpg

:96_ok_hand:

Probably only Walker gets in from your back 5. I'd have your midfield 3 all in. Front 3 is a tough call but I can't see Sane staying in over Salah. Aguero and sterling though are hard to displace.

47 minutes ago, Harry said:

Probably only Walker gets in from your back 5. I'd have your midfield 3 all in. Front 3 is a tough call but I can't see Sane staying in over Salah. Aguero and sterling though are hard to displace.

So many combinations between the 2 teams if one is being serious. personally i think Walker is our worst defender in the starting 11 ..Mendy is miles, miles better. salah would get in somewhere, not for Sane though, he is one of our top 3 players, the boys very underrated  ..best young player in the world for me, Ederson stays in too, he starts many good attacks with his distribution 

For the sake of the title race, I'm hoping City win. They should have won at Anfield in all honesty but blew it.

It would be brilliant this season for the Premier League for it to go to the wire and in all honesty, I feel it deserves to.

• Subscriber

Liverpool are not in a nothing to lose situation. There's a seven point lead to lose.

If Liverpool get a point or three here I think they really are favourites for the league. If City beat them that's a big momentum swing and brings Liverpool back down to earth psychologically.

Would say I hope City win but as they're a totally vile club and essentially PSG with better PR, I hope both teams lose.

6 hours ago, MUFC said:

City nearly conceded everytime Southampton pressed them high up the pitch, they look dodgy at the back. Think Liverpool might do them.

Yeah but they only went up the pitch twice :ph34r:   ..20 games in and on average we have conceded less than a goal a game

City are going to approach this with a point to prove after losing 2 on the bounce and wanting to show they’re still the top side in the league. If it were Anfield I’d feel a bit more optimistic - but if any of the sides we have to face this year are capable of giving us a lot of trouble, it’s this one.

Hope we keep this good run going all season long, obviously. Don’t know how likely that is. But if we win this, that obviously keeps that possible. So hopefully we win this.

Pep says he doesn’t know if KDB is playing, but I think he absolutely will.

• The title was changed to Man City 2-1 Liverpool - Thursday 3rd January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived