talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-1 Liverpool - Thursday 3rd January, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I do think some on the Liverpool side are bigging this fixture up more than necessary, Carragher with his 'win and it's their title to lose', I mean the guy is a know moron but it just creates a big pressure around it, and if they lose it'll take momentum out of them more than it should do.

Tbf, win lose or draw we are only at the half way point and anything can happen yet, maybe even Spurs or Chelsea will win it :what:  ..but this is the biggest fixture in England now so can see why it's getting hyped up, if you are selling the Premier League to the world, this is the game you show

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

Tbf, win lose or draw we are only at the half way point and anything can happen yet, maybe even Spurs or Chelsea will win it :what:  ..but this is the biggest fixture in England now so can see why it's getting hyped up, if you are selling the Premier League to the world, this is the game you show

Definitely for a neutral, it's the biggest game in the league in terms of competition and quality. Just think some of the so called pundits talking up it's 'make or break' status, whatever the result there is nearly half of the season left, anything at all can happen and nothing will be even close to decided tonight.

If City wins they go 4 behind which is as open as it gets, with Spurs lurking with just six behind. However if Liverpool wins i don't think City will catch 10 points not this time. Liverpool will easily be happy with a point, but i doubt this game will again end in a draw.

Think City will just manage 2-1 my prediction, but i'd rather see Liverpool win or draw.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Definitely for a neutral, it's the biggest game in the league in terms of competition and quality. Just think some of the so called pundits talking up it's 'make or break' status, whatever the result there is nearly half of the season left, anything at all can happen and nothing will be even close to decided tonight.

100%  ..8pt gaps have been clawed back before in the last 2 months of the season, any of the top teams have a mini injury crisis like we have just had and points could easy be dropped ..long way to go yet, these pundits are getting a bit giddy

I'm fascinated to see how Guardiola approaches this one and whether he thinks they need to go all out for the win.

I don't think he'll be too disappointed with a draw to be honest even though it's not ideal for them and the Champions League games last year will still be very much on his mind if he thinks they can take the game to Liverpool

52 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I'm fascinated to see how Guardiola approaches this one and whether he thinks they need to go all out for the win.

I don't think he'll be too disappointed with a draw to be honest even though it's not ideal for them and the Champions League games last year will still be very much on his mind if he thinks they can take the game to Liverpool

Yes, Pep will be going all guns blazing  ..very attacking line up tonight

5 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I’d say Guardiola will pack the midfield and try to suffocate the game at least for the first part, but he tried the exact same thing at Anfield in the CL and it was a disaster.

All guns blazing, I think.

It's a 4-3-3 but the full backs will be high up the pitch 

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

It's a 4-3-3 but the full backs will be high up the pitch 

True but even if the line-up says 4-3-3, if he plays Bernardo or Mahrez in the ront 3, one of them might come inside and make a midfield 4 in more of a 3-4-3. 

But as I said I think Guardiola will avoid overthinking the game too much and stick to the standard approach.

• Subscriber

If Andy's wife is having a baby I hope he doesn't play the game and actually stays with her for the delivery. There are things in life far more important than a game of football.

I still think we have it in us to cause them problems and we will on the night.

• The title was changed to Man City 2-1 Liverpool - Thursday 3rd January, 2019
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived