talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2018 TF365 Award Winners

football forum

• Administrator

There's no question 2018 has been another successful year for TF365 and all of that is down to all the contributions made throughout the year. 

Whether you were nominated or not, on behalf of all the staff team we'd like to thank you for any contributions made, big or small, to the growth of this site since we began afresh in March 2017.

The winners for the 2018 awards are as follows:

Member of the Year - @Dr. Gonzo - an absolute stalwart to the site and always posts maturely and sensibly. Carrying over a respectable reputation from the old site, we are pleased to see that his standard of posting has maintained that, if not enhanced it even more. Congratulations, sir, it's well deserved and we hope you continue to deliver in 2019.and beyond :)

Funniest Member of the Year - @Harvsky winning by a small margin is testament to the array of members we have on here that get us laughing. It's also further testament to Harvey that such a standout member of the forum, let alone staff team, can provide us with such humour and laughter alongside the normal high standard of posting anyway. Congratulations, we hope to see you on the next series of Live at the Apollo with Danny... 

Post of the Year - The Garden Project, courtesy of @Bluewolf. This was truly a fantastic post and not only was it appreciated how much effort went in to transforming the garden, it was equally satisfying that he took the time to keep us updated every step of the way. We hope your family appreciate the garden as much as we loved hearing about it! Congratulations and good luck with any future project(s)! 

Newcomer of the Year - @CaaC - JohnJohn has been somewhat of a revelation for TF365 since he joined a mere 2 and a half months ago. An unwavering amount of contributions to football sections and getting involved in various parts of the forum meant it was a fairly easy vote for many members to give John the win. Sorry @DeadLinesman, this is one you couldn't scare away ;)

As said at the beginning of the post, we're all very thankful for contributions made last year, thank you for voting and here's hoping 2019 can be an even better year for the TF365 community! 

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Well done @Dr. Gonzo you Persian American scouser. Deserved winner and really nice guy

Please don’t call me American I want to come home so badly xD but thank you

Personally I would have gone with @Cicero, @nudge or @RandoEFC but if people want to vote for me for this one I’m not gonna argue. It’s flattering being held in the same regard as the 3 of them, let alone winning against them - so thank you everyone who voted for me, you have done my self esteem a tremendous service

Well done Gonzo, I voted Cicero but nothing personal, democracy has spoken and you're a lovely bloke. Well played. 

Glad Bluewolf was recognised as well, that was an awesome detailed post and deserved to win against the other options. I'm pretty sure many would have skimmed or skipped through it due to the length but I enjoyed it.

Congratulations to Dr Gonzo & Harvsky and of course Caac-John who has been a decent addition, shame he is United but you can't have everything... xD Also spare a thought for the runners up who are equally great members.. Must be tough trying to pick just one person out of all the good quality members and posts across the year... 

Thank you all very much... for both voting and taking the time to read through the post in the first place. Never thought when I was doing it that it might end up as a post of the year so when the kids get older and one ever utters the classic "What have you ever done for me" line I will just point them in this direction... B|

Nice one people... 

• Administrator
Just now, José said:

His contribution was ignored for a copy and paste staff favorite simply because he exposed the fraud cule. 

Was his contribution ignored? It had been mentioned he's a good member when he's talking about Championship or Norwich :)

6 hours ago, José said:

His contribution was ignored for a copy and paste staff favorite simply because he exposed the fraud cule. 

@CaaC - John was nominated by members for the award (a shitload of them, in fact). And then he went through however rounds of voting by people on these forums, staff and normal people alike. He then ran away with the vote. He's a good member and deserved to win the award, fuck off out of here with petty forum drama.

Archived