talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

North Korea

football forum

20 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've thought about it, but I'd also be weary of shit happening like that one US student who was taken prisoner and then somehow ended up in a coma and died. It would be crap to be used as anti-Western propaganda by a silly dictatorship for your last few months of life.

Wouldn't be surprised if that guy was a spy. There was something more going on with that story but we will probably never know for sure.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Panflute said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that guy was a spy. There was something more going on with that story but we will probably never know for sure.

I have a hard time believing a spy would cry like a little girl/Cristiano Ronaldo.

4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I have a hard time believing a spy would cry like a little girl/Cristiano Ronaldo.

Not a James Bond type spy but a low-level grunt who didn't know what he was getting himself into until it was getting too late.

4 hours ago, Anton said:

People still take Panflute's posts in this section seriously? :|

Sorry I don't conform to your dumb worldview retard.

6 hours ago, Panflute said:

Not a James Bond type spy but a low-level grunt who didn't know what he was getting himself into until it was getting too late.

Sorry I don't conform to your dumb worldview retard.

:219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

6 hours ago, Panflute said:

Most spies aren't James Bond types. Very few of them are... and they're never anywhere near as cool as James Bond lol. They're people who just live seemingly normal lives to the outside world - a lot of HUMINT (human intelligence) is just living a normal life in a foreign country and reporting back on what the general feel of the populous living there is, what's the news reporting, shit like that. I don't think a US student on one of those tourism trips to North Korea would be working as a spy. Much less a US student on a tourism trip that's stealing shit from the hotel that was clearly being monitored by North Korean intelligence (because... it's fucking North Korea and they're western students).

Some HUMINT will involve intelligence personnel questioning a person who's gone abroad to a place where specific information would be collected. There's a chance that once these kids were returning to the US, a person working with US intelligence, might have collected information from them. But I'd hardly call that spywork from that US student.

You could maybe argue that his spywork was taking that banner down and trying to return it for intelligence purposes. But it's a fucking banner... there's way less dangerous ways for him to have conveyed the information on the banner. And it's not like he wouldn't know that he wasn't going to be watched at all times in that hotel if he was a spy. Anyone going to North Korea should assume that. Tbh, there's a lot less ridiculous countries people might go to where I think you should assume that you might be being watched at all times at any given hotel... but you should especially assume that when you're traveling to the Hermit Kingdom.

Not to be callous, but I think that kid was just an idiot. He was arrested, tortured, put into a coma and died purely because of his own stupidity. I think if you're going to go to North Korea to get a first hand experience of a retarded version of Stalin's USSR or Mao's China, you've got to keep your head down and not do anything to draw too much attention to yourself. Because otherwise, it's likely you'll be arrested and used for propaganda - and there's no telling if you'll ever come back alive. This kid didn't keep his head down. He should have fucking known better, because he went to North Korea and if you're going to North Korea you should know better. But I don't think he was a spy, of any level. Which isn't to say you can't be a spy if you're an idiot... but you've got to have at least some baseline of common fucking sense regarding the regime you're spying on.

This kid didn't. Now he's dead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Flew over Japan and disintegrated in the Pacific.

This shit is real though :o. How long before they 'innocently' test a missile which ends up hitting land and killing civilians?

we have american friends here, i'm sorry but let me just say that the US is just full of BS with this North Korea situation.    Here is North Korea brandishing their nuclear weapons, they've even fired an empty missile towards japan and yet the US has only stood and watch and do some Eminem Rap ( just words ).   And comparing it to IRAQ, they've invaded that country with the rumor of WEapons Of Mass Destruction and yet, they didn't even found one.

is the US policy like this ??  ------   If we don't gain anything, let's just watch and If we gain something, let's invade even if it's wrong. ---

10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

It's because of the post 9/11 mess that they're reluctant. If we'd not had a gulf war we'd be seeing a movement in to Korea. China is an obstacle but ultimately Chinese appeasing will stop if North Korea look to be genuinely capable of Nuclear Armament. 

if you're talking about the recent gulf war in iraq, then the US would have easily avoided that.   really now, there was no relation to Saddam and the 9/11 attack.    And now, here's North Korea proving to be a menace in the region and the US can merely use words to threaten North Korea.

3 hours ago, bozziovai said:

if you're talking about the recent gulf war in iraq, then the US would have easily avoided that.   really now, there was no relation to Saddam and the 9/11 attack.    And now, here's North Korea proving to be a menace in the region and the US can merely use words to threaten North Korea.

Sorry mate I don't understand this, I get the impression we're on the same page though. I'm saying if America hadn't spent the last 15 years making a complete mess of Iraq and Afghanistan then they would be far quicker on the trigger in North Korea. The debts they've racked up plus damage it's done to them globally is why they're hesitant in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Good luck and RIP to anyone who wants to attack North Korea's 1,000,000 strong army via one front.

Not hard just carpet bomb from the sky, no journalists really so it's not like Syria where every cunt has a smartphone. They're going to break Geneva and just stealth bomb the living shit out the place and tidy it up before the worlds media descend. The first western journalists will be attached to the forward units anyway so easy to steer clear of schools where a bombs killed 200 kids. To be honest you're going to find some kind of death camps anyway. 

It's far more likely they take out Kim Jong Un and install a puppet in a coup style replacement first though 

4 hours ago, bozziovai said:

There are a couple of factors that complicate things...

1. North Korea have all their conventional weapons pointed at Seoul which is only a few miles south of the border and estimated casualties from the first 24 hours of a genuine conflict put Moe than 600,000 dead. 

2. North Korea have a massive army that is organised and bracing for combat. 

Steve Bannon: “Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us.”

Archived