talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Steve Bruce Appointed Sheffield Wednesday Manager

football forum

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Desperate move and it must hurt appointing the guy that ended your premier league dreams. Thankfully, from our point of view the next derby is in March, so that 'new manager effect' will have hopefully worn off by then, although I'd say they'll improve under him no doubt.. but at a cost, they were playing some decent football under Carvahal and have gone downhill since.

1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I think he's harshly treated. 

He's had 4 promotions from the Championship so that's what a club like Sheff Wed will be looking at. I'm sure he will improve them from how they are now.

This, not sure he's a good enough manager for the Premiership, especially the way it's evolved, but a decent manager at this level. At Villa there was massive expectation to be competitive, and to be fair he got them close but that failure plus his err 'pragmatic' method of playing lost him a lot of sympathy. Sheffield Wednesday are a big club but 20 years of floating around have probably meant they'll take any means of getting up.

Wish him luck, will always be fondly thought of in Hull.

Apparently, he's not taking over till 1st February because he wants more time off with the family and to tick off the bucket list watching England cricket team play away against the West Indies?!

Surely this is not true. Committed to the cause I see... xD

On 03/01/2019 at 19:48, Lucas said:

Apparently, he's not taking over till 1st February because he wants more time off with the family and to tick off the bucket list watching England cricket team play away against the West Indies?!

Surely this is not true. Committed to the cause I see... xD

Is this definitely true? Absurd if it is. 

• Subscriber
On 05/01/2019 at 22:44, ScoRoss said:

Completely understandable.

People are so quick to hurl out abuse when they see stupid headlines. That's why they do it i suppose, as there's a lot of mongs that will believe anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived