talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tammy Abraham Could Get Contract Extension

• Subscriber

BLOW FOR VILLA? 

Tammy Abraham: Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo refuses to rule out a move for Chelsea striker

The forward, currently on loan at Aston Villa, has been heavily linked with a permanent switch to Molineux this month

https://talksport.com/football/467900/tammy-abraham-wolves-nuno-espirito-santo-chelsea/

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank Christ for that. He was tearing this division up for fun. I'm still not writing Villa off automatic and they will get a playoff spot no worries so from my point of view, I'm chuffed they are losing him.

It's always the danger with loan players though. I hope he does well for Wolves, he will certainly fit into their system better as the lone striker than when he did at Swansea.

• Administrator

He's rejected the Wolves move...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46793145

Chelsea forward Tammy Abraham has turned down a loan move to Premier League side Wolves to stay at Championship club Aston Villa.

It is understood Wolves remain interested in the England forward and may yet try to resurrect the deal.

In addition, Chelsea have the power to recall the player or could accept a bid from another club in January.

However, as the situation stands, the 21-year-old will remain at Villa for rest of the season.

Wolves are still waiting to hear from Fifa whether Abraham would be allowed to play for them given his previous appearances for Chelsea in under-23 competition and the Community Shield earlier this season.

It is understood the uncertainty is playing a part in Abraham's thinking as, if the deal went through now and Fifa ruled against, he would be unable to play until next season.

There has been no clarity given by Fifa when they are likely to rule on the matter.

Wolves feel the situation might change if the player is cleared to play for them.

Abraham has scored 16 goals for Villa this season but was left out of Dean Smith's squad for Saturday's FA Cup defeat by Championship rivals Swansea.

Smith said prior to that game that Abraham, who has two England caps, would be better served by completing the season at Villa Park.

"Unless they're a team in the top six, there's not many Premier League sides creating loads of chances," he told BBC WM.

Think it is a wise move from him. He is on fire at Villa and he would need time to adapt to the Wolves system. If he continues his form and Villa goes up they could then make his move permanent. Overall i think Wolves would be a bad move for him for the time being, if this was the summer and start of the new season it would be a completely different story. I wish him well and hopefully he continues scoring. His situation reminds me of Patrick Bamford, he banged 19 goals on his loan at Middlesbrough. After that his other loans were very poor until his permanent move to Boro. 

56 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Seems Wolves wanted him on Loan but wouldn’t promise game time so Chelsea & Abraham have blocked it as they both believe games are what matters. 

I feel if we get promoted we will move for him on a permanent deal so Chelsea will have something for all this

What's your opinion of him mate??

• The title was changed to Tammy Abraham Rejects Wolves Move
On 08/01/2019 at 22:09, carefreeluke said:

What's your opinion of him mate??

Good work rate & runs in behind. Finishing can be suspect at times / shit hot. 

Our defense is our problem, attack wise we create the most chances in the league he should be getting goals for fun. 

• 9 months later...
  • The title was changed to Tammy Abraham Could Get Contract Extension

Archived