Tammy Abraham Could Get Contract Extension

• The title was changed to Tammy Abraham Could Get Contract Extension
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.ef40ad150936d8b00483061049192f7c.png

England striker Tammy Abraham's new contract talks with Chelsea have stalled because the 22-year-old wants to be on the same wage - £180,000 a week - as winger Callum Hudson-Odoi, 19. (Goal)

I mean, hes having a good season and all that and it looks like that will probably continue... but £180k? He was playing Championship football last season ffs.

Chelaea made a rod for their own back giving CHO that kind of money. Hes on more than Sadio Mane xD

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Mount is on 100K

That's still fucking mental for really kids who haven't proven they can consistently deliver in the league yet. It would have been better to let Hudson-Odoi walk, rather than just give into his demands to stop him from wanting away to Bayern Munich. I don't think Bayern Munich were going to pay him that much - because that doesn't sound like something a non-English club would do.

Now any kid that comes through at Chelsea and has a half decent season is going to be demanding serious money. That will probably deter the board from wanting to give too many kids chances after a while if it keeps happening... which I think isn't what Chelsea fans would want.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's still fucking mental for really kids who haven't proven they can consistently deliver in the league yet. It would have been better to let Hudson-Odoi walk, rather than just give into his demands to stop him from wanting away to Bayern Munich. I don't think Bayern Munich were going to pay him that much - because that doesn't sound like something a non-English club would do.

Now any kid that comes through at Chelsea and has a half decent season is going to be demanding serious money. That will probably deter the board from wanting to give too many kids chances after a while if it keeps happening... which I think isn't what Chelsea fans would want.

Mind you, all of this is in preventing another KDB and Salah situation. Lampard made it clear about the need in keeping young talent. 

This is a situation we honestly couldn’t win. Guaranteed if they left, neutrals would then say ‘typical Chelsea getting rid of young talent’. :what:

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Mind you, all of this is in preventing another KDB and Salah situation. Lampard made it clear about the need in keeping young talent. 

This is a situation we honestly couldn’t win. Guaranteed if they left, neutrals would then say ‘typical Chelsea getting rid of young talent’. :what:

Tbf those are situations Chelsea caused themselves by signing players they weren't going to use to prevent them from going to Premier League rivals - which is a bit different to pushing through academy products.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf those are situations Chelsea caused themselves by signing players they weren't going to use to prevent them from going to Premier League rivals - which is a bit different to pushing through academy products.

Not really. That is virtually the same thing when club scouts sign academy players. Prevent talent going to rivals. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Not really. That is virtually the same thing when club scouts sign academy players. Prevent talent going to rivals. 

Well prior to you signing Salah, we were in for him as a player for our first team. For you he was just a backup player, at best. He wasn't really signed with any intention of actually being in the first team. Whereas when club scouts sign academy players, yeah they're preventing talent from going to rivals, but they're also trying to take talented young players and put them in a place where they can be developed into first team players. Rather than bringing in kids and expecting them to be first team ready, which is what we were hoping to do before you signed Salah. Not that I'm complaining mind you, I think Salah needed to grow as a player and he did that in Italy.

But that's why most clubs sign players mostly to add to their starting XI and sometimes depth generally, while promoted kids always have to break into the squad as a squad player and make a name for themselves.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Well prior to you signing Salah, we were in for him as a player for our first team. For you he was just a backup player, at best. He wasn't really signed with any intention of actually being in the first team. Whereas when club scouts sign academy players, yeah they're preventing talent from going to rivals, but they're also trying to take talented young players and put them in a place where they can be developed into first team players. Rather than bringing in kids and expecting them to be first team ready, which is what we were hoping to do before you signed Salah. Not that I'm complaining mind you, I think Salah needed to grow as a player and he did that in Italy.

But that's why most clubs sign players mostly to add to their starting XI and sometimes depth generally, while promoted kids always have to break into the squad as a squad player and make a name for themselves.

So then how is not accepting their wage demands, they leave and shine at another club, not a problem we created? 

Just now, Cicero said:

So then how is not accepting their wage demands, they leave and shine at another club, not a problem we created? 

I think CHO could have been used as an example. Because he's shown promise, but has he shown the same sort of promise as Tammy? I don't think he's even come close. Yet instead of saying "nah, this is the maximum offer you'll get from us - if you don't like it, fuck off to Germany" you caved into his demands.

Now you've got players like Tammy and Mount who've shown a hell of a lot more for Chelsea than CHO ever did. And you generally cannot blame Tammy for seeing how CHO is being paid and thinking "I should be getting at least that." Because Tammy actually performs regularly for Chelsea.

Meanwhile CHO hasn't done a whole lot since getting his big pay rise.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think CHO could have been used as an example. Because he's shown promise, but has he shown the same sort of promise as Tammy? I don't think he's even come close. Yet instead of saying "nah, this is the maximum offer you'll get from us - if you don't like it, fuck off to Germany" you caved into his demands.

Now you've got players like Tammy and Mount who've shown a hell of a lot more for Chelsea than CHO ever did. And you generally cannot blame Tammy for seeing how CHO is being paid and thinking "I should be getting at least that." Because Tammy actually performs regularly for Chelsea.

Meanwhile CHO hasn't done a whole lot since getting his big pay rise.

Can’t agree mate.

If we’d decline CHO’s wage demands and he’d gone to Bayern and flourishes, I’d bet any amount of money neutrals would criticise us for not utilising young talent. Even you know it. We didn’t take the risk with KDB and Salah and now we are paying for it. It’s probably worse If we do the same thing now because unlike Mourinho, Lampard is a progressive manager who could get a lot out of attacking players. 

It’s a battle we’d never win and I still think we did the right thing. Even Lampard agrees. 

Just now, Cicero said:

Can’t agree mate.

If we’d decline CHO’s wage demands and he’d gone to Bayern and flourishes, I’d bet any amount of money neutrals would criticise us for not utilising young talent. Even you know it. We didn’t take the risk with KDB and Salah and now we are paying for it. It’s probably worse we do it now because unlike Mourinho, Lampard is a progressive manager who could get a lot out of attacking players. 

It’s a battle we’d never win and I still think we did the right thing. Even Lampard agrees. 

If kids keep coming through at Chelsea, you should expect them to soon - before they've really proven they can do it long term - start asking for crazy money. Maybe it's fine for your club, because Chelsea have that oil money. But I think at most clubs, it'd be unsustainable to keep rewarding kids that quick after they break through. Or worse, it'd take away the incentive for clubs to push young players into getting a chance.

But Chelsea are a weirdly run club and what works with them is usually stuff that doesn't work out that great at other clubs... so there's always that to consider.

No way do we pay any of our youngsters that kind of wage. 

TAA is on about 45k a week last I heard to put things into perspective. Granted that will be topped up with performance based incentives, as are all our players salaries, but it just goes to show what rod Chelsea have created for their own back.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If kids keep coming through at Chelsea, you should expect them to soon - before they've really proven they can do it long term - start asking for crazy money. Maybe it's fine for your club, because Chelsea have that oil money. But I think at most clubs, it'd be unsustainable to keep rewarding kids that quick after they break through. Or worse, it'd take away the incentive for clubs to push young players into getting a chance.

But Chelsea are a weirdly run club and what works with them is usually stuff that doesn't work out that great at other clubs... so there's always that to consider.

This is a group of academy players who’ve quite literally dominated youth level domestically and in Europe. This isn’t something that’ll happen regularly. We just so happen to have a golden generation currently. 

It really is a never winning battle. Neutrals criticise us for not using our academy and now criticise us for doing everything we can to keep them here xD

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

This is a group of academy players who’ve quite literally dominated youth level domestically and in Europe. This isn’t something that’ll happen regularly. We just so happen to have a golden generation currently. 

It really is a never winning battle. Neutrals criticise us for not using our academy and now criticise us for doing everything we can to keep them here xD

Tbf I don't think I'm that critical of Chelsea here. If anything, I'm critical of CHO - who I think is a little twat for his ransom demands

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

No way do we pay any of our youngsters that kind of wage. 

TAA is on about 45k a week last I heard to put things into perspective. Granted that will be topped up with performance based incentives, as are all our players salaries, but it just goes to show what rod Chelsea have created for their own back.

Chelsea probably have a harder time negotiating given that agents know how deep the club’s pockets are. Not saying that Liverpool is throwing around chump change but for the better part of two decades Chelsea have shelled out more cash than most clubs in the world. It is a dangerous precedent to set, and it is very easy for players to get what they want when the ckub can afford it. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbf I don't think I'm that critical of Chelsea here. If anything, I'm critical of CHO - who I think is a little twat for his ransom demands

What would you have done? He wasn’t getting playing time and up came Bayern offering some ridiculous wage. His agent did the very best to get him the best deal possible, and now CHO and his family are set for years. 

It’s a bad precedent, but it had to be done imo. Matter of fact, I can see this happening more and more now. Modern football. 

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

What would you have done? He wasn’t getting playing time and up came Bayern offering some ridiculous wage. His agent did the very best to get him the best deal possible, and now CHO and his family are set for years. 

It’s a bad precedent, but it had to be done imo. Matter of fact, I can see this happening more and more now. Modern football. 

I'd have let him fuck off to Germany. It's not like he's been some revelation for you this season, like Abraham or Mount. Certainly hasn't done anything to show he's worth a lot - whereas at least Tammy Abraham has.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd have let him fuck off to Germany. It's not like he's been some revelation for you this season, like Abraham or Mount. Certainly hasn't done anything to show he's worth a lot - whereas at least Tammy Abraham has.

I meant if you were CHO.

Well he’s just come back from an Achilles tear so if anything this first half of the season is a write off. But last year he was easily our most exciting attacking player bar Hazard. 

I can tell you that KDB and Salah’s rise to success has left its mark on how this club operates now. It’s for the better. 

Just now, Cicero said:

I meant if you were CHO.

Well he’s just come back from an Achilles tear so if anything this first half of the season is a write off. But last year he was easily our most exciting attacking player bar Hazard. 

I can tell you that KDB and Salah’s rise to success has left its mark on how this club operates now. It’s for the better. 

If I were CHO I'd probably fuck off to Germany too, but that's because I don't like Chelsea xD

I think the majority of people would have commended Chelsea for not giving into ludicrous demands like that from a player who has really not proven much of anything other than having potential. 

But, I guess Chelsea were terrified of another KDB situation and so buckled to them. They’ve fucked themselves well and truly by doing it. 

Archived