• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Stan

Andy Carroll - Back to Newcastle?

Recommended Posts

Andy Carroll rumours? It must be January.

Rafa has said before he doesn't fit what we need, surely even less so now we have Rondon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Andy Carroll rumours? It must be January.

Rafa has said before he doesn't fit what we need, surely even less so now we have Rondon. 

Rondon is miles better than Andy at what he does. Like you said, all rumors and nothing will materialize.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Rondon is miles better than Andy at what he does. Like you said, all rumors and nothing will materialize.

Yep. Rondon is in form at the minute. 3 goals in his last 6, the whole team only scored 4.

We need goals and support from midfield. 

2 goals this season from Perez, 1 from Kenedy and none from Ritchie, Shelvey, Ki, Diame or Atsu. It just isn't good enough.  

It's part quality, part form and part tactics.

That being said Carroll as a squad player rather than Joselu would be a much better option to have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Harvsky said:

Yep. Rondon is in form at the minute. 3 goals in his last 6, the whole team only scored 4.

We need goals and support from midfield. 

2 goals this season from Perez, 1 from Kenedy and none from Ritchie, Shelvey, Ki, Diame or Atsu. It just isn't good enough.  

It's part quality, part form and part tactics.

I really thought he was going to equalize for you'll last night when the ball skipped past their defense but sadly it wasn't to be. He has the aerial threat as well but for that you really need someone to find him earlier instead of trying to work the ball far wide. Your midfield is a bit ragged as well and that might be where most of the spending really has to go. Can't see how you'll will make the balls behind defensive lines count when they are all skimming the ground to get to the front players. Is Ki injured? I remember him being in good form as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I really thought he was going to equalize for you'll last night when the ball skipped past their defense but sadly it wasn't to be. He has the aerial threat as well but for that you really need someone to find him earlier instead of trying to work the ball far wide. Your midfield is a bit ragged as well and that might be where most of the spending really has to go. Can't see how you'll will make the balls behind defensive lines count when they are all skimming the ground to get to the front players. Is Ki injured? I remember him being in good form as well. 

Ki's gone to the Asian Cup unfortunately.

Also it doesn't look like there will be any money in January. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 03/01/2019 at 15:42, Harvsky said:

Andy Carroll rumours? It must be January.

Rafa has said before he doesn't fit what we need, surely even less so now we have Rondon. 

I think he should have stayed with you. He would have had a better career he was at his best when he was with you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scraping the barrel here, injury-prone and its only the Sun reporting it :coffee:

 

Quote.thumb.png.f53ec09ba26098c6e62b31bba45e3464.png

Newcastle boss Steve Bruce is weighing up a move to bring former Magpies striker Andy Carroll back to the club. The 30-year-old Englishman is a free agent after being released by West Ham in June. (Sun on Sunday)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this geezer still making a living from professional football? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Is this geezer still making a living from professional football? xD

Steve Bruce or Andy Carroll xD ?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quote.thumb.png.3bf82742449c8f4055b9e8ae6d58c7c9.png

The Daily Mirror are reporting that Newcastle United will not be making a move for their former striker Andy Carroll. The 30-year-old Englishman is now a free agent after leaving West Ham United.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/08/2019 at 10:46, CaaC (John) said:

Quote.thumb.png.3bf82742449c8f4055b9e8ae6d58c7c9.png

The Daily Mirror are reporting that Newcastle United will not be making a move for their former striker Andy Carroll. The 30-year-old Englishman is now a free agent after leaving West Ham United.

Well that was bullshit then by the Mirror xD

Quote.thumb.png.6784ae9e095b13fb43d29350389ab155.png

Andy Carroll returns to Newcastle United for a second spell.

Former England striker Andy Carroll has returned to boyhood club Newcastle United eight years after he left.

The 30-year-old, released by West Ham this summer following a six-year spell blighted by injuries, has signed a one-year contract.

Carroll made his Newcastle first-team debut in 2006, scored 31 league goals and helped them win promotion to the top flight in 2009-10.

He moved to Liverpool for a club-record £35m in 2011...........

FULL REPORT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to him. I always liked him, never thought we should have signed him though, but I always liked him and it's a shame how his career's been so derailed by injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement