• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2018/19 - Third Round Match Chat - 4-8th January, 2019

football forum

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

2-0 to Man Utd on the brink of half-time. Perfectly weighted ball from Sanchez and well-timed run from Lukaku allows the Belgian to take it round Jaakkola and double the lead.

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Marco, please take this seriously for fucks sake. A few key players rested but otherwise all out for the win. Next game isn't until Bournemouth next Sunday so no need to make wholesale changes.

Pickford

Coleman Mina Zouma Baines

Gueye Davies

Lookman Bernard Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin 

One of the most accurate line-up predictions I can remember making but with Sigurdsson and Kenny starting rather than Richarlison and Coleman. 

4 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

No offence but Blackburn fucking Rovers resting players in the FA Cup? I know it’s the way the competition has gone and you’re not the only ones but that’s utterly pathetic. Got to protect that 15th position in the Championship. 

That's just my opinion, not sure on what team Mowbray will pick but it certainly won't be full of kids. Graham and Mulgrew are well into their 30s and after the Christmas period playing most games deserve a break while there is no point risking two key players in Dack and Raya. Our back up keeper deserves a chance and so do the likes of Rothwell and Palmer in Dack's position.

Slight over reaction from you I feel, I was only talking about resting (but having on the bench) a handful of key players....

• Administrator

Shambles by the looks of what's gone on at Burnley xD 

Just about to take a penalty, then the lino has his flag up for offside. Obviously the offside isn't to do with the penalty but I'm guessing there's been some miscommuncation with VAR

• Administrator

Everton 1-0 Lincoln. Ademola Lookman loops a header of Vickers. Lincoln's defender tried to clear it off the line using his hands but had already crossed the line. 1-0.

• Subscriber

Goal. Lookman heads home from a Baines cross. Awarded via goalline technology.

I love when it's a Premier League vs League Two cup tie and the commentators love to make out the usual cliches "Manager X will be the happier of the two managers" and "Ooh Everton betraying some of their confidence issues" just because the lower league side have managed to get into the final third and put a couple of pot shots in row Z in the first ten minutes. They've even just said that goal was against the run of play even though we've had 83% possession xD.

Bernard first Everton goal to make it 2-0 as I was typing.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived