talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2018/19 - Third Round Match Chat - 4-8th January, 2019

football forum

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Huh?

That is literally the rule. 

I don't think the decision made on that Kane one was correct.

Am I moving too quick for you mate... 

I was comparing the VAR ruling for what is on and offside between the two incidents.. tonight's is correctly ruled offside for a part of the body being in the offside position that he could use to potentially score a goal, The Kane one however was deemed onside even though he could have scored from a header which was the part of his body that was in the offside position.. In theory any part of the body except the hand that is in an offside position should be deemed as being offside because unless you are Thierry Henry you cannot use your hand to score a goal.. 

Hope that clears up my point.. B|

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Am I moving too quick for you mate... 

I was comparing the VAR ruling for what is on and offside between the two incidents.. tonight's is correctly ruled offside for a part of the body being in the offside position that he could use to potentially score a goal, The Kane one however was deemed onside even though he could have scored from a header which was the part of his body that was in the offside position.. In theory any part of the body except the hand that is in an offside position should be deemed as being offside because unless you are Thierry Henry you cannot use your hand to score a goal.. 

Hope that clears up my point.. B|

I know mate, the Kane one was wrong to not be called offside. I'm in agreement with you so not sure what the nonsense is xD 

25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The rule being that any part of your body you can score with is offside

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I know mate, the Kane one was wrong to not be called offside. I'm in agreement with you so not sure what the nonsense is xD 

The first part.., It's a nonsense that one player can be offside and another one not for pretty much the same thing but just a different part of the body even though in both cases goals could have been scored..  

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

The first part.., It's a nonsense that one player can be offside and another one not for pretty much the same thing but just a different part of the body even though in both cases goals could have been scored that's what the nonsense is... 

Oh right. The inconsistency of it is the nonsense! 

Just now, Stan said:

Is it not clear and obvious that Waghorn's leg is offside? Because his leg is in an offside position. Quite clearly and obviously so. 

I thought you said the clear and obvious part didn't apply to offsides?

The 'clear and obvious error' part is down to interpretation, unfortunately.

Redmond is a changed player under the new gaffer.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Marc said:

I thought you said the clear and obvious part didn't apply to offsides?

The 'clear and obvious error' part is down to interpretation, unfortunately.

Redmond is a changed player under the new gaffer.

Well if you think it does, do you not think it's clear and obvious that he's offside? Given that a part of his body that he can score with is in an offside position? Can you not get any more clearer than that?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived