talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2018/19 - Third Round Match Chat - 4-8th January, 2019

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Mad that Morgan captained a title winning team, he's hopeless.

Guessing you've not seen any matches of ours for the last couple of months?

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
22 hours ago, Dan said:

Can see tomorrow being Fleetwood last year all over again. Too many changes and ultimately draw a game we should win comfortably. Newport do have a bit of a track record at home though which concerns me.

Clubs like ours have no excuse at all to not go for this.

The cynic in me thinks the Premier League have deliberately arranged their fixture list so that the FA Cup games are viewed as a hindrance - such as putting a midweek game just after round 4 and clogging up the fixture list just before round 3.

Twice in the past week we have played against teams from South Wales, both significantly less resourced than us, and I have cynically predicted us to draw with both of them.

For my predictions to turn out too optimistic on both occasions is just beyond belief.

Although I'm not that shocked if I'm honest. I'm not kidding when I say that if you play defensively against us, you've got to be terrible to lose to us. Puel has got absolutely no idea how to set Leicester up to attack teams. We are utterly useless unless you give us the space.

Today it was taken to a new level. What an absolutely pathetic performance from us. We've developed a soft underbelly and demonstrated nearly all of our bad habits throughout 90 minutes of unimaginative, clueless football. To then go onto lose after finally breaking the resistance is just beyond bad. Albrighton had a shocker and he's let us down today.

Claude Puel's made a habit of putting together a couple of good results here before totally flattering to deceive with the follow up. This past month has been the Puel reign on steroids.

Nothing short of an absolute disgrace. Good luck to Newport.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Watched 15 minutes of the second half. Was all Leicester with last ditch defending from Newport. Leicester just looked as though they had no cutting edge, though Maddison late on may be that man. 

Story of us against anyone defensive, taken to the extreme today.

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, Stan said:

Fucking shite for the whole game. Underestimated Newport and the conditions. 

Too many players were passengers. Newport deserved the win.

Which is unforgivable given we did exactly the same thing at Fleetwood last year but that time we got away with it. Given Newport's track record (beat Leeds last year, drew with Tottenham) I'd have thought we'd have learnt but nope, the same arrogance as last time. I've not got a jot of sympathy for Puel either, how many times does he have to see how utterly hopeless we are without Vardy against literally anyone to realise that until we've got adequate cover we can't afford to rest him. Iheanacho's the biggest fraud in this side, I think calling him Championship level is generous.

Ghezzal crap bar his goal. Albrighton absolutely zero quality. Okazaki a total waste of time. James a passenger. The defence not good enough at all.

Subs did little for me. Absolutely unbelievable that Ricardo didn't get on either. Only one who leaves with any credit for me today is Choudhury.

Just a horrible horrible day.

8 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Could backfire, if you  bow out you don't have the FA Cup to go for if the leagues goes tits up.

We haven't taken the cup particularly seriously in seasons when we haven't been in the title race. Rightly or wrongly, it's just not a priority for us.

3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This has banana skin written all over it.... 

Should be a great game.. 

I don't understand this point of view, and you're far from the only one expressing it. Wolves are a good side and genuine favourites with these line-ups.

Just now, Burning Gold said:

We haven't taken the cup particularly seriously in seasons when we haven't been in the title race. Rightly or wrongly, it's just not a priority for us.

I don't understand this point of view, and you're far from the only one expressing it. Wolves are a good side and genuine favourites with these line-ups.

I think we can all agree that Liverpool are a far better side with greater resources and players on paper you would expect Pool to make progress but I this is the Cup and yes, Wolves have the potential to go through but you could not say they would be favorites.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived