• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vegan Sausage Rolls

football forum

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Far too much fuss about it. Just an item of food. No one is being forced to buy or eat it.

Very much meh about the whole thing. People on both sides making mountains out of molehills about it all.

tenor.gif?itemid=8992325

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, tlr said:

I have no idea why people are so bothered about what others eat. The backlash created by some, no doubt for attention, is more like a 5 year old having a shitfit. 

+1.

I agree, but the +1 is for your profile picture.

9 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

+1.

I agree, but the +1 is for your profile picture.

I love the man. Greatest outfield player I have ever seen at Rovers. Him and Brad Friedel are probably the reason I got into football at all. 

4 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If Vegans want something that tastes like a sausage roll and looks like a sausage roll, why not just eat a sausage roll?

Erm, because they are against animal cruelty and/or opt for no cholesterol in their diet? 

I think this is more about Greggs product range in a larger market than anything else.

Still, the main reason of like for like substitutes is because of cravings for particular flavours and meals that are imprinted in your brain from years of responding to urges with a particular diet. Anyone who has ever been on holiday where the food is different knows as soon as they come back they long for certain things from their homeland. Anyone who has migrated also knows they begin to miss their homelands foods and often will stick as close to what they know when shopping.

9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

If Vegans want something that tastes like a sausage roll and looks like a sausage roll, why not just eat a sausage roll?

+1

Been a vegetarian all my life, and never been tempted to try meat. If I was, I'd go and have the real thing, instead of a substitute.

Vegan meat is one of those urban fads like gluten-free, which will fade away soon.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, AMG said:

+1

Been a vegetarian all my life, and never been tempted to try meat. If I was, I'd go and have the real thing, instead of a substitute.

Vegan meat is one of those urban fads like gluten-free, which will fade away soon.

Pretty sure gluten-free is less of a choice, unlike veganism, as it can cause problems in the body due to intolerance to gluten? I'm not too clued up on it to be honest. 

10 hours ago, Danny said:

Popular or unpopular opinion but Greggs sausagerolls are pretty shit tbh. Steak Bake all day.

They are shit. Never even warm nevermind hot. 

Greggs is shite in general. They sell these steak slices at my local spar and they are much nicer. The are hot, pastry is nicer and it contains alot more meat. 

Worst are their cold bacon and sausage butties though. Awful place. 

4 hours ago, Inverted said:

I don't mind greggs' sandwiches but they're hardly a budget option. The more basic options in Pret are a huge jump in quality for only a little more.

Or you can get a meal deal at Sainsbury's or Tesco for better value. 

Risking your life in Pret these days mind. :ph34r:

As for this, pretty much what Stan mentioned really. Not really fussed either way and if anything, it offers more choice.

On 05/01/2019 at 05:28, AMG said:

+1

If you've been a vegetarian all your life that is why you have never wanted meat tasting food. If you became one later you probably would

Archived