talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Vegan Sausage Rolls

football forum

On 04/01/2019 at 20:37, Harvsky said:

I think this is more about Greggs product range in a larger market than anything else.

Still, the main reason of like for like substitutes is because of cravings for particular flavours and meals that are imprinted in your brain from years of responding to urges with a particular diet. Anyone who has ever been on holiday where the food is different knows as soon as they come back they long for certain things from their homeland. Anyone who has migrated also knows they begin to miss their homelands foods and often will stick as close to what they know when shopping.

Yeah thats why vanilla ice cream is so popular because it tastes like breast milk.    Enjoy your desert lads 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If you've been a vegetarian all your life that is why you have never wanted meat tasting food. If you became one later you probably would

True.

Never miss what you never had.

I know someone who's gluten free for medical reasons, coeliacs disease or something. So it's not a diet fad for everyone. I'd probably kill myself if you told me I could never have bread ever again though.

In any case, I don't give a fuck what other people are eating. As long as they're not doing anything eating anything morally depraved, for example cannibalism or eating a pizza with pineapple

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I know someone who's gluten free for medical reasons, coeliacs disease or something. So it's not a diet fad for everyone. I'd probably kill myself if you told me I could never have bread ever again though.

To make it worse if you couldn't eat gluten 10 years ago you had to get all of your food on prescription at the pharmacy. You can image what the quality of that was like!

6 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

To make it worse if you couldn't eat gluten 10 years ago you had to get all of your food on prescription at the pharmacy. You can image what the quality of that was like!

Wow that's extra shit. I feel for those people, especially people who developed the disease later in life... so they remember things like pizza and beer and bread and can never eat them (with gluten again). My mate says the thing he misses the most is bread - there's gluten free bread but it doesn't taste the same apparently. As the son of a baker... I can't even imagine what that's like.

Archived