talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Player Alleged to Have Taken Cocaine in Pre-Christmas Party

• Administrator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46757165

The Football Association is asking people to come forward with information after an unnamed England player was reported to have been "kicked out of a nightclub for taking cocaine".

The allegation was made in the Sun newspaper by a "club insider".

The paper alleges the Premier League player took the drug during a pre-Christmas team get-together after an away game.

The FA can ban players found to have breached its social drugs policy.

The starting point for a first time offence is 0-3 months and the FA has the power to suspend players indefinitely if they have breached the rules multiple times.

Incidents of doping in English football are "rare" the FA says, but the governing body insists it "remains a priority for The FA to find and sanction anyone found taking performance-enhancing or recreational drugs".

An FA spokesman added: "We encourage anyone with information about any anti-doping violation in football to report it to The FA."

Fuck knows who it could be. One article states 'dressing room unrest' in the team the player plays for...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Delli Alli 

Doesn't fit the narrative of dressing room unrest.

I wonder if it's a team at the bottom of the league, or near it, and the player could even be a former England player.

• Subscriber

Reminds me of work since coming back 3 days ago. xD  HR and the Managers/Directors are kicking off big time. 12 People in total throughout the evening got kicked out of our works do on the 21st of December for cocaine use. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Reminds me of work since coming back 3 days ago. xD  HR and the Managers/Directors are kicking off big time. 12 People in total throughout the evening got kicked out of our works do on the 21st of December for cocaine use. 

We had a lot of bad stuff go on at our Xmas do as well xD. Not drug-related but serious stuff.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Doesn't fit the narrative of dressing room unrest.

I wonder if it's a team at the bottom of the league, or near it, and the player could even be a former England player.

There was a big thing in the press about Spurs players being unhappy with their wages compared to those at other clubs?

• Administrator

Tabloid journalism is a crock of shit in the UK. It's a bizarre practice in this country to attempt to validate a story with "an onlooker said" or "club insider" because the reality is:

"We've heard a rumour so we created this fictional person to pad out the hear say". 

I don't doubt newspapers like to protect their legitimate sources but this is the Sun newspaper. If they had any idea of who it was the paper would be printing stories destroying said footballer with headlines such as "Shame! Wealthy footballer does drugs! Kill him! Kill him now!".

It's lazy and undermines the truth of the actual situation. If a footballer was found doing cocaine, it wouldn't go unnoticed for long. Not in this age of social media.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Harvsky said:

Vardy is known to be a big cocaine snorter when he played non league football (allegedly) :ph34r:

xD I did have my fears about this when I saw the story. Don't think it's him though.

3 minutes ago, Batard said:

Tabloid journalism is a crock of shit in the UK. It's a bizarre practice in this country to attempt to validate a story with "an onlooker said" or "club insider" because the reality is:

"We've heard a rumour so we created this fictional person to pad out the hear say". 

I don't doubt newspapers like to protect their legitimate sources but this is the Sun newspaper. If they had any idea of who it was the paper would be printing stories destroying said footballer with headlines such as "Shame! Wealthy footballer does drugs! Kill him! Kill him now!".

It's lazy and undermines the truth of the actual situation. If a footballer was found doing cocaine, it wouldn't go unnoticed for long. Not in this age of social media.

Fatherhood has changed you, at least have a guess :ph34r:

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

Fatherhood has changed you, at least have a guess :ph34r:

Are we doing a sweep stake? I reckon it's Felipe Anderson. He always looks tired but rushed off his nuts. 

Honestly i don't see the problem with it as long as the supposed player hasn't done it before a match to possibly aid him in it, to me footballers can do whatever the fuck they want in their off-time as long as it doesn't harm their performances and they are professional on the field.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Dan said:

xD I did have my fears about this when I saw the story. Don't think it's him though.

I fucking shit myself whenever stories come out like this thinking it may be one of our players xD. We've been through so much shit with La Manga and the Thailand debacle. 

2 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Honestly i don't see the problem with it as long as the supposed player hasn't done it before a match to possibly aid him in it, to me footballers can do whatever the fuck they want in their off-time as long as it doesn't harm their performances and they are professional on the field.

The problem being that it's the FA rules not to take drugs, performance enhancing or not :/ 

Just now, Stan said:

I fucking shit myself whenever stories come out like this thinking it may be one of our players xD. We've been through so much shit with La Manga and the Thailand debacle. 

The problem being that it's the FA rules not to take drugs, performance enhancing or not :/ 

Yeah i know, i was talking more in a moral kind of way i guess. Like i disagree with those who criticize players for going to clubs and the likes.

3 hours ago, Berserker said:

The FA bans social drug use on the following grounds 

Social Drugs Policy Regulations have been adopted because experience shows that, due to their age, spare time, disposable income, etc., Players are at risk of being exposed to Social Drugs while Out of Competition, with the following potential consequences: 3.2.1 Damage to the physical and/or mental health and welfare of a Player using Social Drugs (and so to his career, as well as to his general well-being), both in the short- term and (because of the addictive qualities of Social Drugs) in the long-term. 3.2.2 Players under the influence of Social Drugs injuring themselves or others during training, due to the negative effect that Social Drugs can have on both mental and physical functioning (such as motor functioning, reaction time, altered perception, concentration, judgment, and decision-making). 3.2.3 Players testing positive immediately after a match for a Social Drug taken Out of Competition (because metabolites of the drug remain in the system for several days or even weeks), and consequently being banned from the sport for a lengthy period under the FA Anti-Doping Regulations. 3.2.4 Harm to public health where Players’ Use of Social Drugs is copied by young players and fans who see them as role models. 3.2.5 Damage to the image and reputation of the sport, with parents potentially being deterred from permitting their children to pursue a career in the sport and/or commercial partners potentially being deterred from associating their brands with the sport.

2 minutes ago, Harvsky said:

The FA bans social drug use on the following grounds 

Social Drugs Policy Regulations have been adopted because experience shows that, due to their age, spare time, disposable income, etc., Players are at risk of being exposed to Social Drugs while Out of Competition, with the following potential consequences: 3.2.1 Damage to the physical and/or mental health and welfare of a Player using Social Drugs (and so to his career, as well as to his general well-being), both in the short- term and (because of the addictive qualities of Social Drugs) in the long-term. 3.2.2 Players under the influence of Social Drugs injuring themselves or others during training, due to the negative effect that Social Drugs can have on both mental and physical functioning (such as motor functioning, reaction time, altered perception, concentration, judgment, and decision-making). 3.2.3 Players testing positive immediately after a match for a Social Drug taken Out of Competition (because metabolites of the drug remain in the system for several days or even weeks), and consequently being banned from the sport for a lengthy period under the FA Anti-Doping Regulations. 3.2.4 Harm to public health where Players’ Use of Social Drugs is copied by young players and fans who see them as role models. 3.2.5 Damage to the image and reputation of the sport, with parents potentially being deterred from permitting their children to pursue a career in the sport and/or commercial partners potentially being deterred from associating their brands with the sport.

I know they do Ron, i knew it before hand (any half-decent FA does as well as FIFA) and Stan mentioned it too.

Beak stays in your system for 2-3 days, so even if there's any truth to these allegations all it would take for a player to deny it is to not do beak for a few days and then take a drugs test and say "look, this says I'm completely clean so this is a load of bullshit."

I'm not surprised tbh. A lot of players are "open secret" drug users, Andy Carroll for one has been spotted doing lines (allegedly) by people I know and I've heard of a few other players who (allegedly) like to party using drugs that are pretty popular among people their age who like to party.

3 hours ago, Berserker said:

I agree with this, but it's probably because of the idiot kids who look up to their club idols and wanting kids to have squeaky clean role models. As someone who will from time to time commit the equivalent of genocide to my own braincells, I don't particularly give a shit what they do in their free time. Although I do think it's irritating when they don't do things like quit smoking - part of your job involves running around a lot for 90 minutes, you probably shouldn't fucking smoke cigarettes habitually... but then I remember that Zidane was one of the best I've ever seen and he didn't seem to give a shit.

But I think it's to protect the innocence of kids, which I think is a load of bullshit. But then again, I remember being a kid and seeing the blueshite chanting "Cokehead, Cokehead, you're a fucking cokehead" at Robbie Fowler, then his sniff of a line goal line celebration, and I thought it was hilarious... xD so depending on your opinion of me, you could say that this proves the "think of the children" people right - or you can say it's a load of bollocks. I think I turned out alright though.

Archived