talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Favorite Superheroes movies

football forum

The market has been flooded by them, in the last 10 years. 

So, which ones would enter your top 5?

For me, in no particular order:

- Spider-Man

-Spider-Man 2

- Batman Returns

- Iron Man

- Avengers

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Danny said:

anyone who hasn’t got guardians in their top 5 are crazy

Ive never seen it. I have a bit of superhero fatigue. And dont have the energy to need to watch interconnected movies.

Marvel movies have started to seem like corn syrup injected directly into the eyeballs since they realised how bankable they could be around the time Iron Man came out.

• Subscriber

Not a fan of superhero movies with the exception of Batman Begins which I thought was great. Also quite enjoyed Thor. 

Does Lone Ranger count as a superhero movie? Because I really liked it :D Also The Mask of Zorro? Dick Tracy?

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Not a fan of superhero movies with the exception of Batman Begins which I thought was great. Also quite enjoyed Thor. 

Does Lone Ranger count as a superhero movie? Because I really liked it :D Also The Mask of Zorro? Dick Tracy?

Dick Tracy definitely. The rest not so much. 

Was thinking more about films based about comic book characters. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, ASF said:

Dick Tracy definitely. The rest not so much. 

Was thinking more about films based about comic book characters. 

Sin City then!
Largo Winch
Barbarella :ph34r:

• Subscriber

I've missed loads of the Marvel movies in recent years. I wouldn't call myself a massive fanboy or anything but I do enjoy them enough to watch them.

My brother said you won't understand half of the new Avengers film if you're not up to date with the rest of the movies so started a bit of a rewatch from the beginning to get all the stories straight. Started with Iron Man (which I just have seen at least twice before) and The Incredible Hulk (which somehow I'd never seen before). 

Have to call it a night for now though.

21 hours ago, nudge said:

Does Lone Ranger count as a superhero movie?

Lone Ranger does not even count as a movie :ph34r:

My top 5 would be:

The Dark Knight

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

The Dark Knight Rises

Guardians of the Galaxy

Wonder Woman

Great topic bro

In no particular order:

- Captain America: Winter Soldier

- Marvel's The Avengers

- The Dark Knight Rises

- X Men - First Class

- X Men - Days of Future Past

In general i would name all the x men movies, since i am a big big fan of the comic as well. However their movies weren't on the level of the Avengers and their solo movies.

From the overall Avengers movies i'd rate Captain's America the highest trilogy even tough Civil War was poor and i'd rate Thor's / Spiderman the lowest.

The Christopher Noland Batman trilogy. 

Watchmen. 

Deadpool. 

To be fair I haven't seen any superhero movies that came out in the last 2-3 years (except Deadpool) because I got tired of them. 

• Subscriber

Watched Iron Man 2 last night. Thought I'd seen it loads of times but there were actually several parts I didn't remember much or at all. Iron Man 3 is the one I've seen a million times I guess.

As far as Marvel goes, think it's quite an average film.

The Chris Nolan Batman flicks are the best superhero movies I've seen.

The Marvel ones are alright, but I'm so fucking sick of them shoving films down our throats and I feel like the stories just get more and more shite (although I guess you don't really watch them for the stories).

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Marvel ones are alright, but I'm so fucking sick of them shoving films down our throats and I feel like the stories just get more and more shite (although I guess you don't really watch them for the stories).

Yeah the Marvel films you know you're getting a solid movie with good effects and some decent one liners, but they're also too self-indulgent and self-referencing, try to force the 'bro bantz' too often for my liking, and the amount of predictable American mega cringe, such as most of the human villains either being linked to Russia, the Middle East or the Nazis, is somewhat off putting.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Yeah the Marvel films you know you're getting a solid movie with good effects and some decent one liners, but they're also too self-indulgent and self-referencing, try to force the 'bro bantz' too often for my liking, and the amount of predictable American mega cringe, such as most of the human villains either being linked to Russia, the Middle East or the Nazis, is somewhat off putting.

I miss the good ol' days where the villains were all British, unless you were watching a James Bond film.

I remember asking my dad "do they think all English people are evil?" when I was about 4 or 5.

19 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

There were always superheroes movies being launched, on a regular basis, but not on the level we see today. Add to that all the TV series about superheroes as well (Gotham, Daredevil, Agents of SHIELD, etc.), and we have a market full of a genre more tired than any other. 

Unfortunately, we'll keep seeing new superheroes movies released as long as the cash cow keeps flowing. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Made it through a few more Marvel flicks the last week or two.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 & 2. Both decent films that I've never seen before. A lot more aimed at kids I think than some of the other films but enjoyed them all the same.

Iron Man 3. Seen this so many times on account of it qualifying as a Christmas movie perhaps. Still decent, some good moments.

Thor: The Dark World. Seen this once years ago, it's not bad but the weakest I can remember probably from this selection.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Again, seen once before but couldn't remember much of it. I'm surprised by that now, as I really enjoyed it this time around.

Next on the list is Avengers - Age of Ultron. I've seen at least part of it before, it wasn't particularly memorable, and I don't remember the storyline so looking forward to seeing how I find it this time around.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Made it through a few more Marvel flicks the last week or two.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 1 & 2. Both decent films that I've never seen before. A lot more aimed at kids I think than some of the other films but enjoyed them all the same.

Iron Man 3. Seen this so many times on account of it qualifying as a Christmas movie perhaps. Still decent, some good moments.

Thor: The Dark World. Seen this once years ago, it's not bad but the weakest I can remember probably from this selection.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Again, seen once before but couldn't remember much of it. I'm surprised by that now, as I really enjoyed it this time around.

Next on the list is Avengers - Age of Ultron. I've seen at least part of it before, it wasn't particularly memorable, and I don't remember the storyline so looking forward to seeing how I find it this time around.

Age of Ultron was really subpar, compared to the first one and Infinity War.

Archived