talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gonzalo Higuain Completes Loan Move to Chelsea

28 minutes ago, Berserker said:

A couple millions is nothing for a big club like Chelsea, it's a huge upgrade and necessary for qualifying to the CL, losing on that would be far more expensive.

With the loan to be paid too will be 35 million or around that range and massive wages for a 31 year old. Can’t see why...there are better options out there for less.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Pep Talk said:

With the loan to be paid too will be 35 million or around that range and massive wages for a 31 year old. Can’t see why...there are better options out there for less.

Better options out there for less?, name them..

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Better options out there for less?, name them..

Wages wise there certainly is and younger options. Let’s face it he’s not exactly looked great this year and always has an issue staying in shape.

6 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Yes but can’t see it being worth it certainly when he will have zero sell on value. 

I don't think you are aware of the situation. 

Top 4 is the only priority this season. We are two points clear yet we have been severely lacking in goals up top for quite some time now. Morata is useless and looks likely to leave this month. We cannot rely on Giroud to secure us top 4 when he isn't a prolific scorer. We need a striker to finish off the season in the top 4. 

Realistically, no top striker in their prime will be available this month. Higuain's situation and his relationship with Sarri is the only thing that makes sense. He is a short term option that will fill the void until the summer when we look for a top striker. Higuain has experience and he has goals. 

Fairly certain we prefer a loan for him, whilst Juventus are demanding we buy him. Given our strict policy on footballers over 30, I don't think this will happen unless Juventus and us meet half way. 

13 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Wages wise there certainly is and younger options. Let’s face it he’s not exactly looked great this year and always has an issue staying in shape.

Younger and perhaps wages wise for sure, but no one better than him. Very few strikers are on his level and none would cost less.

9 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I don't think you are aware of the situation. 

Top 4 is the only priority this season. We are two points clear yet we have been severely lacking in goals up top for quite some time now. Morata is useless and looks likely to leave this month. We cannot rely on Giroud to secure us top 4 when he isn't a prolific scorer. We need a striker to finish off the season in the top 4. 

Realistically, no top striker in their prime will be available this month. Higuain's situation and his relationship with Sarri is the only thing that makes sense. He is a short term option that will fill the void until the summer when we look for a top striker. Higuain has experience and he has goals. 

Fairly certain we prefer a loan for him, whilst Juventus are demanding we buy him. Given our strict policy on footballers over 30, I don't think this will happen unless Juventus and us meet half way. 

Like i said he won't accept a flat 6 months loan, he's after all still a top striker and one of the best of the world. If this were to happen it would be a loan with an obligation to buy and likely a 2 year contract, and he's not on the wrong side of 30, he just turned 31 weeks ago.

I rate Higuain, he has an unfair reputation of being a bottler mainly due to his form with Argentina when several other stars have just a poor record in finals. I don't get this move though, I know he had an unbelievable season with Sarri at Napoli but this Chelsea team is very different and not sure an old fashioned number 9 is going to work, no matter who it is. He may get more goals than Morata-Giroud but don't see it being a huge success.

20 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Berserker, I love you bro. But there comes a time in every mans life where he has to accept he is no longer a star and is in fact a fat piece of shit who would be lucky to earn a quarter of what he is on now.

That time for Higuain, was like, 2 years ago.

Mate, you don't know that, he hasn't even had a fucking shit complete season so far to even imply he's not the same anymore FFS, when he's had two bad seasons one after the other then you can say he's not the same anymore, and i will be the first to admit it. But not this day. You don't have to be a magazine model like Cristiano to be great at football. Look at the Brazilian Ronaldo and Andriano, they looked, much, much fatter than Higuain and they scored for fun, same as Higuain as simpletons started calling him fat when he was still at Napoli, and then he went to break the all time scoring record in one season in Serie A, and if he wasn't because he was sent off for 2 matches due to responding to provocations he would have likely won the golden boot that year as he was on fire at that time and he was only like 4 goals away from doing that. Like i said still think he still has at least 2 years more at the top level and i'll stick with that until proven wrong.

I can see why Chelsea would take a punt on Higuaín given the Sarri connection and that he carries some form of pedigree from previous seasons.

However, I also agree he's the wrong side of his sell by date. Let's be honest, he isn't the long term solution they ideally want and therefore, whiffs a little bit of desperation for me.

Now, if only Chelsea owned a promising young striker produced from their own academy, bang in form, that they could recall and give a chance to...

• Subscriber

AC Milan news: Piatek in pole for the post-Higuain era; the details

13 January at 11:20

Amid reports linking with a move to Chelsea, Higuain's future with AC Milan is anything but certain, also because Gattuso has stated that he doesn't know what will happen. Gazzetta Dello Sport has provided us with the latest details. 

In fact, Chelsea is evaluating an offer that they will present at Juventus in order to immediately bring in Higuain. After the Bianconeri said 'no' to a dry loan, the Blues are now studying how much money they should offer, and above all with which formula, for an operation that would cost no less than €50m. 

Juventus are expecting at least a loan with an obligation to buy, but the English side hopes to meet them in the middle, with a loan for 18 months (until end of next season). And Milan? Leonardo is already probing the market for a potential substitute. 

The track leading to Morata is getting more and more difficult, as other teams have shown their interest for the Spaniard. Due to this, as reported by La Gazzetta Dello Sport, the Rossoneri have identified Genoa's Piatek as their main alternative to Higuain already in January. Genoa don't want to let go of their star, but Leonardo and Milan will push to make the deal happen.

https://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ac-milan-news-piatek-in-pole-for-post-higuain-era-the-details-78653

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

Watched Higuain most of his career, the guy is dogshit. Chelsea can do much better.

Have you actually been watching his dog, shit?

Throughout his career he's averaged 1 goal every 2 games. Horrendous.

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 00:49, Cicero said:

Don't think we will rely on a striker who has struggled to score in this division to save our top 4 hopes. 

You wouldn't know unless you gave him a chance. He's not had a chance at Chelsea.

And with the greatest respect, I don't think it's fair to judge the young lad from his time at Swansea. They were gash last season.

He's a good finisher. The chances he'd get, I just don't see how Chelsea wouldn't at least give him a chance, even if they brought someone in anyway. It costs them nothing.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

You wouldn't know unless you gave him a chance. He's not had a chance at Chelsea.

And with the greatest respect, I don't think it's fair to judge the young lad from his time at Swansea. They were gash last season.

He's a good finisher. The chances he'd get, I just don't see how Chelsea wouldn't at least give him a chance, even if they brought someone in anyway. It costs them nothing.

Because like I said, we are not going to rely on an unproven striker to secure our top 4 hopes. It's just not going to happen. 

Totally get that you would find it risky to play him as your main man up front. Not suggesting that, but to completely disregard him is naïve on your part IMO. He should have been recalled as a squad option and given a chance. Hardly gain much playing Giroud or Morata.

Then again, that's Chelsea down to a tee. No faith in youth. They have always been fairly consistent with that approach.

12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Totally get that you would find it risky to play him as your main man up front. Not suggesting that, but to completely disregard him is naïve on your part IMO. He should have been recalled as a squad option and given a chance. Hardly gain much playing Giroud or Morata.

Then again, that's Chelsea down to a tee. No faith in youth. They have always been fairly consistent with that approach.

Well then it goes back to his development. What's better for him? Play week in week out at a club that is his level, or to sit on the bench getting 'Drinkwater' minutes? 

A reason why we have been the most successful club this decade, was our 'sure thing' approach. We need sure thing players who are ready for the starting XI. We don't develop youth. 

• Subscriber

Gonzalo Higuain attempting to force Chelsea move with Maurizio Sarri desperate to sign striker as Atletico Madrid lead chase for Alvaro Morata

PUBLISHED: 11:34, 15 January 2019 | UPDATED: 12:15, 15 January 2019

Gonzalo Higuain has made it clear to AC Milan he wants to leave for Chelsea and could play his final game for the club in the Italian Supercoppa against Juventus, the club in the centre of this triangular transfer.

Maurizio Sarri has made it clear to the board at Stamford Bridge that he is desperate to sign Higuain who he sees as the key to solving what has become a problem in front of goal.

Milan have reached a point where they are prepared to let the Argentina international leave if they can find a replacement, and have made a move for Krzysztof Piatek at Genoa.

Chelsea have been working for weeks to strike a deal with Juventus which will persuade the Italian champions to call Higuain back from Milan, where he was on loan for the season with a view to a permanent move in the summer.

Negotiations have been further complicated by the fact Chelsea want to move Alvaro Morata to create space in the squad and on the wage bill.

There has been no shortage of interest in Morata from Spain and Atletico Madrid are established as the latest favourites to sign the former Real Madrid striker who has lost his way in the Premier League.

The various aspects of the transfer are inching into place although Chelsea must still justify how this outlay for 31-year-old Higuain fits into their long-established transfer philosophy of offering nothing more than a one-year deal for players over 30.

At Milan, he is earning £8.5million a year after tax, which is the equivalent of Chelsea paying him more than £350,000 a week.

This would be in line with their top earner, N'Golo Kante, who signed a new contract in November.

Milan will expect to be refunded on some of the £16m they agreed to pay to sign Higuain on loan this season and Juventus will not be willing to forgo the £32m fee they agreed to convert it into a permanent transfer in the summer.

This is around £40m in fees and more than £20m in wages to cover the rest of Higuain's contract.

Although his pedigree is not in question, this is an expensive commitment on a player who has never played in the Premier League and whose form had faded dramatically, with only one goal in nearly three months.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6593627/Higuain-attempting-force-Chelsea-Maurizio-Sarri-desperate-sign-striker.html

• The title was changed to Gonzalo Higuain Completes Loan Move to Chelsea

Archived