talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

That Piece of Shit Rag In The News Again...

• Administrator

Ross Barkley and The S*n.

Vile 'newspaper' corporation run by cunts. 

What gets me about this is that they suspended McKenzie, but his actual column would have had to be checked and approved (perhaps not because this is the s*n).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39603942

he really does need to drop dead soon and I don't actually think there'll be much sympathy...

Columnist Kelvin MacKenzie has been suspended by The Sun after he expressed "wrong" and "unfunny" views about the people of Liverpool.

In an article published on Friday, MacKenzie compared Everton midfielder Ross Barkley, who has a grandfather born in Nigeria, to a "gorilla".

He said men with similar "pay packets" in Liverpool were "drug dealers".

Merseyside Police are investigating whether his comments constitute a "racial hate crime".

The Sun apologised "for the offence caused" and added that it was "unaware of Barkley's heritage".

In a statement of his own, MacKenzie reiterated the latter sentiment, adding that it was "beyond parody" to describe the column as "racist".

In the article, which has since been taken off the newspaper's website, former editor MacKenzie said:

• Barkley is "one of our dimmest footballers", also calling him "thick".
  • His eyes make him "certain not only are the lights not on, there is definitely nobody at home", adding: "I get a similar feeling when seeing a gorilla at the zoo."
  • Men with similar "pay packets" in Liverpool are "drug dealers" and in prison.

Alongside the article, The Sun published adjoining pictures of Barkley and a gorilla on their website with the caption "Could Everton's Ross Barkley represent the missing link between man and beast?" The picture was later removed.

Barkley, 23, was punched in a Liverpool bar last weekend in what his lawyer described as an "unprovoked attack".

Police confirmed they were investigating the "full circumstances".

Liverpool Mayor Joe Anderson said he had reported the article to the police for a "racial slur".

Speaking to BBC Sport, Anderson said: "Not only is it racist in a sense that he is of mixed-race descent, equally it's a racial stereotype of Liverpool. It is racist and prehistoric."

Anderson later tweeted to say he had given a statement to Merseyside Police and reported the article to the Independent Press Standards Organisation.

And in a further tweet, he said that "ignorance simply cannot be used as a defence" and that apology is "simply not enough".

Furthermore, he criticised Everton for their failure to respond by banning Sun journalists from Goodison Park, calling it "a smack in the face to our city".

And he asked fans attending Saturday's Premier League meeting with Burnley to turn their backs on the pitch at 15:06 BST in protest.

MacKenzie was editor of The Sun when it published a front-page article headlined 'Hillsborough: The Truth' in the aftermath of the 1989 disaster at Sheffield Wednesday's football stadium.

The article claimed Liverpool fans were to blame for the tragedy, in which 96 people died. MacKenzie apologised in 2012.

Last year's landmark Hillsborough inquests recorded that the 96 fans were unlawfully killed and that Liverpool supporters at the FA Cup semi-final had played no role in causing the tragedy.

This Saturday, 15 April, marks the 28th anniversary of the disaster.

Burnley midfielder Joey Barton, who was an Everton youth player, tweeted:"Those comments about Ross Barkley, a young working-class lad, are disgusting. Then add in the fact he is mixed race! It becomes outrageous."

Former Liverpool striker Stan Collymore tweeted: "Implied racism at its finest."

Football's equality and inclusion organisation Kick It Out said they had received complaints about the "insulting and offensive" comments.

"We will be contacting Everton and the PFA about their responses in providing support to Ross and his family," they said.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Not sure why Ross Barkley would get any stick for this? 

Anyhow, the report from what I read is pretty retarded. I'm all for dark humour and the like but it came across to me like a total mong sat at home lobbing as many racial and stereotypical slurs into his report as possible to make his dick look bigger. Hopefully with his comments about Nigeria he pisses of Boko Haram and with his comments about drug dealing gets them on his case too. 

he's not?

25 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ross Barkley and The S*n.

Vile 'newspaper' corporation run by cunts.

What gets me about this is that they suspended McKenzie, but his actual column would have had to be checked and approved (perhaps not because this is the s*n).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39603942

he really does need to drop dead soon and I don't actually think there'll be much sympathy...

What gets me is how the S*n actually addressed their 'concern' over racist comments. I can tell you now that the S*n don't care about that. Nor homophobia. The sort of bollocks they spout is just wrong. I can't find the articles probably because they've been censored in the UK regardless of the filters or they've been eradicated but in the eighties they published hoardes of homophobic comments urging people to come forward and be shot for not being straight. They've dabbled in white supremacy, putting down disabled people, casual racism and made an absolute hash of their disgusting comments regarding the Hillsborough disaster.

Top-class journalism. Only the finest.

The one below got me. What the fuck is that? Journalism my arse... there's political bias and then there's being stupid.

sun-ed-miliband-front-page.jpg

45 minutes ago, Stan said:

Speaking to BBC Sport, Anderson said: "Not only is it racist in a sense that he is of mixed-race descent, equally it's a racial stereotype of Liverpool. It is racist and prehistoric."

What? O.o

People from Liverpool are a race? xD

Oh my days the country is messed up.

Once you abandon your expectations of humanity from the mouthpieces of the Southern elite, these sorts of incidents cease to surprise. Its just a rare, open display of the sheer contempt that the media-owning class in England has for those they perceive as beneath them.

And these are the people that own the political process.

This knacker has got it in for Liverpool and the whole article is blurrrrgggh.

It's very hard to tell if there is any racism against Barkley though as many people will be finding out for the first time that he has any Nigerian genetics.

2 hours ago, Inverted said:

Once you abandon your expectations of humanity from the mouthpieces of the Southern elite, these sorts of incidents cease to surprise. Its just a rare, open display of the sheer contempt that the media-owning class in England has for those they perceive as beneath them.

And these are the people that own the political process.

That working class people might buy the Sun, vote Brexit and chant about Gibraltar is an awkward reality for people on the beourgois left. 

What better way to solve this cognitive dissonance to maintain the self image of champions of the people than to act as if the working class are just unsuspecting puppets and the product of an elite hand who must be defeated to free them. 

21 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

It's very hard to tell if there is any racism against Barkley though as many people will be finding out for the first time that he has any Nigerian genetics.

They wrote a story in 2014 and mentioned it. 

25 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

That working class people might buy the Sun, vote Brexit and chant about Gibraltar is an awkward reality for people on the beourgois left. 

What better way to solve this cognitive dissonance to maintain the self image of champions of the people than to act as if the working class are just unsuspecting puppets and the product of an elite hand who must be defeated to free them. 

I don't think there's any cognitive dissonance. History is a story of the ruling class:  tribal chieftans, roman patricians, feudal aristocrats, the industrial bourgeoisie, whatever, making sure that an ideology that serves them is fed to the masses at every opportunity. 

Religion is just about gone as an effective tool of social control, but petty bigotry is a pretty useful tool to divide working people and distract from real social issues. The Sun peddles it happily at every turn, and although it's more common than ever for people to be able to inform themselves and rally against their brand of aggressive ignorance, sadly a large portion of society is still susceptible to their influence. 

In the age of trolling, no one does it more than newspapers trying to get hits. The Sun won't really feel bad about publishing it now everyone is logging on their website trying to find the article.

A truly horrific way of making money.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

We shouldn't even really be talking about it. That is what they want, if we ignore it, this shittery is forgotten in history and nothing becomes of it. 

Couldn't agree more, the only thing they want is people to talk about it and to read the article.

It's disgraceful really, but look who we're talking about.

1 minute ago, Toony said:

Couldn't agree more, the only thing they want is people to talk about it and to read the article.

It's disgraceful really, but look who we're talking about.

It was just on the racist line enough to be controversial and 'I didn't mean it like that'. As far as shock journalism goes this is very clever.

3 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The 'is Barkley the missing link?' bit takes it over the line regardless. Either they knew he was mixed-race and made an absolutely abhorrent attempt at humour, or they made a shit joke that they should've done more research on, to avoid being so unintentionally racist. 

• Barkley is "one of our dimmest footballers", also calling him "thick".
    • His eyes make him "certain not only are the lights not on, there is definitely nobody at home", adding: "I get a similar feeling when seeing a gorilla at the zoo.

= Shitcunt journo calls someone stupid.

=/= Shitcunt journo is a member of Stormfront

I dislike the Sun 'news'paper and I loathe MacKenzie, but I'm sorry, this is a storm in a teacup.

Imagine the article was about Ryan Giggs; a good ol' dross article on how he looks a bit simple. Look - modern camera technology can catch the exact millisecond when he makes a silly face on the touchline, and wow - he is a bit slow in constructing sentences as he hasn't been in education since he was 14. Imagine this shitty journalist said that Ryan Giggs has the same puzzled look in interviews as a gorilla at the zoo. 

In this instance, you'll have thought nothing of it, because it's a clearly a juvenile slur about his supposed stupidity and not his white, Welsh heritage? 

Let's add in the fact he has a grandfather from Sierra Leone (100% true - I didn't know this until researching my response). RACIST RACIST RACIST. No, is it fuck - you are FINDING the intent based on a very tenuous link that you most likely didn't even know until 2 minutes ago.

I don't think it was really that racist. Was it another example of the juvenile, cringe worthy, lazy humour of the low end media? Yes. Racist? Not really. 

It is The Sun though so fuck them and hope Rupert Murdoch has a heart attack. 

Is the bloke a massive cunt? Yes.

Is he a racist? Probably because he's just a massive cunt and it would simply tie in with his massive cuntishness behaviour anyway.

Was he meaning to be racist in this article? Nah. He was just being a cunt.

The article wasn't racist, yes he's derogatory towards Liverpool but so what many journalists say shit like that all the time. He's a prolific cock anyway, the sun are a shit rag, but this whole banning thing I find to be utterly childish. The Celtic attempt to virtue signal about it by jumping on the bandwagon is the closest thing you'll find in football to a teenage girl on her period acting out for attention. Utterly childish from both Everton, Liverpool's Major and now Celtic, all 3 look like cunts when they could have just left McKensie to look like a cunt on his own. 

Archived