• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Escape Ban From Champions League

football forum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

As @RandoEFC suggested UEFA won't do anything here. The reason is really very simple, you touch one of them you have to take them all down or it will turn into a circus of blame games and why am I being thrown out when they've done XYZ. Those letters which came out last year outlining how City went about getting their way did jack as well so if they can be as brazen as they want while escaping the authorities this is going to yield the exact same result, nothing.

They'll never get banned as their owners are too dodgy and corrupt. They'll always find a way to break any rules as they have since they took over. They just use their own companies to give ridiculous sponsorship deals to the club even when they were the two bob nomarks they've been for the vast majority of their history

2 hours ago, Salford Kel said:

They'll never get banned as their owners are too dodgy and corrupt. They'll always find a way to break any rules as they have since they took over. They just use their own companies to give ridiculous sponsorship deals to the club even when they were the two bob nomarks they've been for the vast majority of their history

Someone's too bitter about their impending irrelevance.

Reckon you'll make the Europa League?

40 minutes ago, José said:

Aguero will most likely retire with no CL.xD For a top player and all the chances(years) his team had, he definitely underperformed. 

Dunno he has a great chance this year....only 1-2 teams I personally could see us losing to.

On 05/01/2019 at 10:58, AMG said:

In before a smug Happy Blue comes and says something insanely outrageous such as

"Nothing that a bunch of suitcases to UEFA Headquarters wont solve :coffee:"

It's true, they can not ban us, FFP is illegal we will beat them in court again

• 1 month later...

Manchester City: Alleged financial fair play violations investigated - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47490375

Manchester City are being investigated by Uefa for alleged financial fair play violations.

Uefa said the investigation "will focus on several alleged violations of FFP that were recently made public in various media outlets".

German newspaper Der Spiegel has published a series of claims, based on leaked documents, that Premier League champions City have violated FFP rules.

Uefa previously found City had breached FFP rules in 2014.

The two parties reached a settlement, with City paying a £49m fine - £32m of which was suspended - while their Champions League squad was reduced for the 2014-15 season.

The Football Association is looking into claimsCity made a banned £200,000 payment to Jadon Sancho's agent when the England winger was 14 years old.

That allegation was also made in documents published by Der Spiegel last month.

Uefa says it will make no further comment while the investigation is ongoing.

More to follow.

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Have people read the emails,? If they're true then they are very damning. The Premier League clubs are now pushing for domestic action, this should end in very serious punishment for Manchester City, if proven.

They are but I gather form the time of their publishing to now that City's legal machine have probably subverted a lot of the sources and are in the process of creating clear financial channels which allow them to stay untouched for a while. In the end this is the same committee that has done nothing when it comes to financial inconsistencies from the likes of a lot of clubs (by that I mean serious damage as a deterrent) so what we can expect is a huge fine to a club that doesn't have a limit to their financial power. What would be interesting to see is if they find anything more than the emails which would then open brand new problems for City.

• 2 months later...

An investigation into accusations that Premier League champion Manchester City misled European soccer’s financial regulators in pursuit of its success on the field is expected to recommend that the team be barred from the Champions League, European soccer’s richest competition and the trophy the club covets most.

2 minutes ago, José said:

Hasn't won it with citeh is what I meant... or Bayern. He is suffering from the same as Messi, not having Xavi and Iniesta. 

What's Mourinho suffering from then? He hasn't won it longer. 

9 minutes ago, José said:

The amount of time since the last CL is not my argument... it's the fact that Pep needs to win it to prove that it wasnt just the golden generation of Barcelona that led to that success. He has had all the resources from support of the board(s), money, and an already established squad... he has had it all set up to win and he has come up short every season, way eaiser path to success than what Mou had with Porto or inter.. 

That's why mou is the greatest, he even defeated the greatest Barcelona of all time, the same team Pep could only win the CL with...that solidifies the legacy of Don Mou. 

A. That golden generation finished 3rd the season before Pep

B. Mourinho has spent the most out of any manager in history

C. His win/lose record against Pep's Barcelona was 3 wins and 7 defeats. How on earth does that solidify his legacy as the greatest? xD

11 minutes ago, José said:

The amount of time since the last CL is not my argument... it's the fact that Pep needs to win it to prove that it wasnt just the golden generation of Barcelona that led to that success. He has had all the resources from support of the board(s), money, and an already established squad... he has had it all set up to win and he has come up short every season, way eaiser path to success than what Mou had with Porto or inter.. 

That's why mou is the greatest, he even defeated the greatest Barcelona of all time, the same team Pep could only win the CL with...that solidifies the legacy of Don Mou. 

I'll get you here. I have watched Inter since I started watching sport. And Inter's treble with Mourinho was magical, no doubt, but the league was heavily weaken as Juventus were still reeling from the scandal,  Roma were led by a manager who can't the league, and AC were at the beginning of their decline. 

Inter had a TON more money than anyone, the board behind him, and inherited a great team. 

Pep's route this year, even if short in the CL, is significantly harder than what Mou and Inter had to face back in 2009/10

• The title was changed to Man City Escape Ban From Champions League

Archived