• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City Escape Ban From Champions League

football forum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Weren't Inter pretty much the only big Italian club not affected by Calciopoli?

Yes, because Giacinto Facchetti knew how to cheat properly and bribe the right people. Also anyone that says Mourinho 'made' that Inter team is dreaming and/or ignorant of the fact. He inheritied a team with Cambiasso, Zanetti, Samuel, Stankovic, Ibrahimovic, Maicon, Julio Cesar, Cordoba, Crespo, Materazzi, amongst other players. Yes he did bring in Eto'o, Sneijder, Milito and Lucio but those players were only at fleetingly and the nucleas of the team already existed. Teso is just showing his lack of knowledge talking about Inter in such a manner.

Mourinho was the star on a finished Christmas trees, not the whole thing. Not even mentioning Mourinho made some of the worst Inter transfers of all time as well...Quaresma, Mancini, Mariga, Pandev, Jimenez,... he also sold Bonucci, which I'm sure @Eco will agree with

1 hour ago, José said:

Name me the team or teams in this years CLs that you think is a tougher opponent than the greatest Barcelona of all time and mind you, Inter had players red carded 

And they lost that game. That was not the best Barcelona team of all time, 2011 to 2013 was; the team was much more refined than 2010.

17 minutes ago, True Blue said:

City with a possible first domestic treble? We won't stop hearing it from HB if it happens.

Backing Watford but i just don't see them winning this, hopefully i am wrong.

Do you hear me banging on about the 100pt season?? :coffee:  ..truth is, i'm more interested in shooting my machine guns and sniper rifle these days 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

City with a possible first domestic treble? We won't stop hearing it from HB if it happens.

Good luck to Pep and the City side if they do it and see if Pep can achieve what Fergie did and win the League, FA Cup and the European Cup, records are there to be broken, and I reckon @Happy Blue would never stop talking about that if they did!!!! xD

I know when United won the treble that year I was here in Scotland watching it on tv and yelling the house down and the wife telling me to keep the noise down because of the neighbours and I was yelling "YAHOOOO, FUCK THE NEIGHBOURS", our daughter was a manager in a pub in Edinburgh then and she is a United supporter and rang me up from the pub yelling "WE WON IT POPS!!!!", it was showing live in her pub and I just yelled "I KNOW..." lol, went to her pub the next day and had a few free beers compliments of our daughter.

In them days I had no computer or laptop and football forums like this were not in full flow then so at least Happy can come in here and wind us all up with his banter about his glorious City side but he has to remember that they will come toppling down again just like United have done and start from scratch again, Liverpool came toppling down and United took over and I have a feeling Liverpool is rising from the dead again and might "Knock City off their Fucking Perches" :P xD   

12 hours ago, Spike said:

Yes, because Giacinto Facchetti knew how to cheat properly and bribe the right people. Also anyone that says Mourinho 'made' that Inter team is dreaming and/or ignorant of the fact. He inheritied a team with Cambiasso, Zanetti, Samuel, Stankovic, Ibrahimovic, Maicon, Julio Cesar, Cordoba, Crespo, Materazzi, amongst other players. Yes he did bring in Eto'o, Sneijder, Milito and Lucio but those players were only at fleetingly and the nucleas of the team already existed. Teso is just showing his lack of knowledge talking about Inter in such a manner.

Mourinho was the star on a finished Christmas trees, not the whole thing. Not even mentioning Mourinho made some of the worst Inter transfers of all time as well...Quaresma, Mancini, Mariga, Pandev, Jimenez,... he also sold Bonucci, which I'm sure @Eco will agree with

Yes - Love Mourinho because he did win the CL with Inter and he had a close relationship with my favorite player on those Inter Teams, Materazzi, but he made some horrendous decisions. 

13 hours ago, José said:

Name me the team or teams in this years CLs that you think is a tougher opponent than the greatest Barcelona of all time and mind you, Inter had players red carded 

Which year do you think this 'greatest' Barcelona of all time existed? Surely not in 09-10....

14 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Weren't Inter pretty much the only big Italian club not affected by Calciopoli?

No. 

The only teams affected were Juventus, Milan, Fiorentina, Lazio, and Reggina. 

So Inter, Napoli, Roma, Torino, etc were teams not involved. 

• 9 months later...
2 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Have UEFA actually upheld any ban they’ve put in place for this? I’m sure teams appeal these things and I can’t say I can remember ever reading about a team being banned before. 

I'm not sure. Milan were banned but they'd only qualified for the Europa so just accepted it if I recall

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

See how far that gets them. When the evidence is right in front of you, highly unlikely this will get overturned. 

I'd imagine they will cite a similar investigation into PSG, with far lesser an outcome. I really don't know what the ins and outs are of it are, but I imagine it will be met with the robustest appeal.

I can see something along the lines of an increased fine and a decreased ban, maybe just the one year.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The race for 5th is going to be interesting now. 4 points between 5 teams before any football is played this weekend. Arsenal will be hoping to put a run together to challenge for it too

Is that what happens if the ban holds? 5th gets CL. 

• The title was changed to Man City Escape Ban From Champions League

Archived