The better place to talk football.

Man City Escape Ban From Champions League

football forum

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Didn't we just win a court case?? 9_9

No you didn’t 😂. You fucked around for that long that apparently the evidence was ‘time based’ 😂. If you were rapists, you’d be holding out for 5 years on a technicality. Citeh have become everything they always claimed to hate. Hilarious.

20 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

No you didn’t 😂. You fucked around for that long that apparently the evidence was ‘time based’ 😂. If you were rapists, you’d be holding out for 5 years on a technicality. Citeh have become everything they always claimed to hate. Hilarious.

We went to court and came out victorious, anything else is by the by  ..the false charges did not stand and now UEFA will be sued for a place in the final

3 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We went to court and came out victorious, anything else is by the by  ..the false charges did not stand and now UEFA will be sued for a place in the final

They won’t be sued. At all. You got off on a technicality. Feel ashamed.

• Subscriber

I dont even know why City bother. They hate this competition so why all the fuss? I think they should have just said fuck it we don't ever want to come back then watch all the allegations disappear and instead UEFA pays them the 10 mil to come back. All this was is a circus act while UEFA slowly went about trying to rectify something it could never truly uphold when the time came to show that they were serious.

54 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I dont even know why City bother. They hate this competition so why all the fuss? I think they should have just said fuck it we don't ever want to come back then watch all the allegations disappear and instead UEFA pays them the 10 mil to come back. All this was is a circus act while UEFA slowly went about trying to rectify something it could never truly uphold when the time came to show that they were serious.

We had to clear our name, they was slandering this great club and now we have been proven innocent in court  ..they will pay the price, starting with legal costs!  

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We had to clear our name, they was slandering this great club and now we have been proven innocent in court  ..they will pay the price, starting with legal costs!  

Well its not really slander when there's documentation outlining how you went about it. This is kind of like Mission Impossible when Ethan Hunt receives a message and it self destructs. Except in this case all the evidence self-destructed due to an age limitation. But I do get your point and you'll should take them to court after you were made to go through court yourselves. 

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Well its not really slander when there's documentation outlining how you went about it. This is kind of like Mission Impossible when Ethan Hunt receives a message and it self destructs. Except in this case all the evidence self-destructed due to an age limitation. But I do get your point and you'll should take them to court after you were made to go through court yourselves. 

Just been reading the mailbox reaction to city’s ban being overturned and I think people seem to be forgetting that CAS said city HAVE NOT CHEATED FFP,  Now I know that’s disappointing for some people as it doesn’t suit your own personal or club agenda but there it is.

So the next criticism is the owners blah blah……gets a bit boring really. Now do I think Manchester City and there owners are squeaky clean no, no I don’t. Do I think they’re the only ones no no I don’t either so please do not be so naive as to think your owners are saints and have made all there money in a morally and ethical way. Really!! Like every penny that’s been pumped in is clean!

Football is a dirty business I’m afraid and atop of all that grubby little business sits UEFA arguable the dirtiest most corrupt bunch of little fuckers in the game, but we will forget that as well because again it suits that they tried to ban city.

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Proven innocent, no shame here B|  ...incase you missed it CAS said city HAVE NOT CHEATED FFP!!!!!!! ;)

Because they weren’t allowed to use the evidence. Apparently it expired ffs 😂. So innocent you failed to co-operate for seven years. Just let that sink in.......

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

Because they weren’t allowed to use the evidence. Apparently it expired ffs 😂. So innocent you failed to co-operate for seven years. Just let that sink in.......

Wasn't any evidence that would of stood up anyway only "planted" emails by UEFA that they then paid someone to hack :coffee:  

I don't even know why I bothered to read this thread because I knew all I would find is a load of vitirol and personal insults directed towards City fans as opposed to balanced arguments. Comparing this to a rape trial is a personal favourite of mine (prior to reading this thread the front runner was Ewan MacKenna comparing the case to that of the OJ Simpson murder trial). 

Let's get a few things clear. Contrary to what most of you want to believe, many of the alleged FFP breaches were actually found to be 'not established'. We'll have more information of course when the full report is released.

People are right to comment on the fact that some of the allegations were also 'time-barred'. Again, I am presuming we will have more of the particulars when the full report is released. But I'd like to know why no one is asking why UEFA - who SET the rules and therefore should have a thorough understanding of the time limitations on cases - continued to pursue the matter? As the rule-creators surely they were aware that the issues/evidence they were perusing were time-barred, yet proceeded to ban us from the Champions League? To me it reeks of either ineptitude or a bit of a witch-hunt (that they thought they would get away with). Probably a mix of both. As Graeme Souness quite rightly pointed out a few months back, UEFA aren't exactly a beacon of morality and good practice.

It should also be clarified that, while the report states that we  'contravened article 56 of club licensing and financial fair play regulations', this does not actually mean that we broke FFP regulations. If you do a bit of research you will find that this section of the article refers to the requirement to cooperate with UEFA in the event of an investigation regarding FFP. I feel that the way it has been worded has mis-lead people into believing it is an admission of breaking FFP rules, it is not. While I do not dispute there are a number of potential reasons we did not cooperate with the investigation, it's very feasible that we told UEFA to get lost because they had already decided we were guilty.

What has surprised me most about this entire case is the response from other fans who a) foolishly believe that their own clubs have not, at some point, broken FFP rules and b) were thrilled to have City investigated by an independent sport regulatory body, yet have thrown their toys out of the pram because they haven't got the result they wanted. 

As it stands, football is one of the only businesses in the world where investors cannot invest their own money to build their business. It is a crazy concept to me given that the 'European Giants' are all founded on strong financial backings that have allowed them to attract the best (most expensive) players, build the biggest stadiums, fund the best marketing strategies etc..

Personally, I'd be over the moon if every football club in the league had strong investors like us. Imagine the competition. We really did hit the jackpot that day 12 years ago, and I have enjoyed every minute since. But I really am getting fed up with the nastiness directed at us personally, as fans, for enjoying the successes of our football club. 

Archived