talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Movies of 2018

football forum

Another year that ended, that brought us countless of movies. What were the best for you?

Personally, and despite not having watched some of the films that interest me (BlacKkKlansman being one of them), 2018 was quite a below average year for movies.

The best one, for me, was Infinity Wars. I enjoy the Marvel movies, but when the best one of the year is a Superhero movie, you know that something isn't well in the industry of cinema. But anyway....what did you enjoyed watching last year?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andhadhun - The best movie of 2018 for me. It's not a typical Bollywood movie. A really good dark humoured thriller. Fans of Coen brothers will love this. I would recommend it to all. It's available on Netflix. 

Quiet Place - Loved it. Never been in a full theatre which was dead quiet and yet hugely involved in the movie. The experience was fantastic. 

Mission Impossible Fallout - Just a good fun action movie. 

Avengers Infinity War - Again just a good fun movie. 

Searching - Underrated gem. The style is not new if you have seen that Modern Family's episode when Hayley went missing, but still this was a well made thriller. 

Game Night - Funniest movie I saw in 2018. Shame it didn't get the box office success it deserved. It was smart and genuinely hilarious, despite being centered around such a simple plot. 

Love Simon - I wasn't keen on watching this, when my wife suggested it, but I was pleasantly surprised. I would even say that it is one of the best romantic movies I have watched in recent times. 

Solo - I have found Rogue One and Solo way, way better than the recent Star Wars sequels. 

Ready Player One - It wasn’t special, but as a fan of eighties movies and old video games I enjoyed watching this. 

Ballad of Buster Scruggs - You can't go wrong with the Coens. 

I haven't watched Annihilation, You were never really here, or the new Spiderman movie, but I think they will probably get in this list once I do. 

I didn't see a lot of new films in 2018.

I saw Bohemian Rhapsody, that was probably the best of the bunch.

I saw The Mule on NYE. It's a truly awful film, like shockingly bad - please Clint Eastwood, please stop shitting on your legacy. And also do what you can to prevent shite fucking Hollywood from remaking Dirty Harry flicks before you die please.

I also saw The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix... it was interesting I suppose, but I'm not sure if I enjoyed it.

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I didn't see a lot of new films in 2018.

I saw Bohemian Rhapsody, that was probably the best of the bunch.

I saw The Mule on NYE. It's a truly awful film, like shockingly bad - please Clint Eastwood, please stop shitting on your legacy. And also do what you can to prevent shite fucking Hollywood from remaking Dirty Harry flicks before you die please.

I also saw The Ballad of Buster Scruggs on Netflix... it was interesting I suppose, but I'm not sure if I enjoyed it.

I'm surprised people liked bohemian rhapsody. It just felt to me a movie that was created purely as a showcase of queen music with a bit of story added in.

On 06/01/2019 at 17:54, IgnisExcubitor said:

Game Night - Funniest movie I saw in 2018. Shame it didn't get the box office success it deserved. It was smart and genuinely hilarious, despite being centered around such a simple plot. 

Good call. Very enjoyable movie. 

Archived