talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Rate the band above you

football forum

football forum

Title says it all really, rate the band above you and throw another one underneath to keep the chain going. 

Biffy Clyro

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cannabis said:

Might be worth posting a song by a band that you know is going to be obscure? 

For example I've never heard of Swans but may get into them if @Spike had posted one of their singles. Just an idea.

Swans ranges a lot of genres. Gothic rock, post-rock, no wave, folk, industrial, etc. It can very harsh or acoustic.

no-wave (warning harsh as fuck, you'll probably hate it lol)

Folk

Gothic

post-rock

• Administrator

often over-played on the radio and that leads to some good songs becoming tiresome quickly. also in the category of 'their old songs are better' - Yellow, Trouble, The Scientist, Fix You etc. They moved on to more electronic/synth (?) stuff and I wasn't a fan overall.

The XX

Certainly heard worse. Bit safe and boring for my personal tastes, but they have my respect

On 18/04/2017 at 4:57 PM, Cannabis said:

Ghost as in the one fronted by Papa Emeritus? Fucking amazing if so, a band that hardly anyone has ever heard of but a band that everyone should listen to.

It's funny, you won't believe this. They are a lot better known than you might think I heard of them organically (word of mouth and then the grammy win) When I decided I liked it I bought an album. Then take Biffy Clyro for example. I can't walk into ANY music shop in the city and buy an album, and I want to buy only revolutions, but I cant! And before I stumbled across you and someone else (GGGone for foursix I think) I had never heard of them. But you live in England where obviously they are pretty big. I am sure Ghost would be more well known in the Americas than Biffy.

Pearl Jam

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2017 at 10:16 AM, Anton said:

Surely everyone knows Sabbath! Amazing, I am a huge fan. Lucky enough to seem them live(as alive as Ozzy can be in recent years).

Cheap Trick

Good and dependable American rock band. Surrender is probably my favourite song by them.

Queens of the Stone Age

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Seem to have a good cult following but they've never ticked any boxes for me. 

Linkin Park

8/10, As alot of you i grew up listening to them. Hybrid Theory is still a really good album and i still listen to it, even Meteora to some degree. The rest where hit or miss as they kind of declined, Bleed it out was kind of a throwback to Hybrid Theory and was quality but the rest of that album was kind of subpar from what i remember. 

Red Hot Chili Peppers

• Administrator

Not saying this just because of Chester's death last week but genuinely one of my favourites for years. Admittedly didn't listen to much of their last couple of albums as intensely as the ones that came before but still love their songs. 

Love them and if anything, Chester's death re-affirmed the love for them and the music they expertly produced. 

Slipknot

I legitimately starting laughing when I listened to 'Panic Room' just now; it is as if someone took all the 'heavy' aspects of Nu Metal and turned the stupid up to 11. I may have liked them when I was twelve. 1/10 I couldn't take it seriously.

Jethro Tull

Archived