talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jean-Clair Todibo - Barcelona Defender Joins Schalke

• Subscriber

Barcelona are close to finalizing a deal to sign Toulouse's highly-rated centre-back Jean-Clair Todibo, sources have told ESPN FC.

Todibo, 19, has not played for Toulouse since November when negotiations over a new contract broke down. His terms expire in the summer and since the beginning of January, he has been free to hold talks with other clubs.

https://www.espn.co.uk/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3744330/barcelona-set-to-sign-toulouse-centre-back-jean-clair-todibo-sources

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Tommy said:

Loan with an option to make the deal permanent. 

Yes they are paying 1.5 million Euros for the half a year loan, but Schalke then have the option in the summer to buy him permanently for an extra total of 30 million Euros. 

I think it's a smart deal for Schalke. They will be able to see how well the highly rated 20 year old performs for them in the next few months and they can then make a decision whether to buy him in the summer. Todibo could actually be a great signing for them.

39 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes they are paying 1.5 million Euros for the half a year loan, but Schalke then have the option in the summer to buy him permanently for an extra total of 30 million Euros. 

I think it's a smart deal for Schalke. They will be able to see how well the highly rated 20 year old performs for them in the next few months and they can then make a decision whether to buy him in the summer. Todibo could actually be a great signing for them.

And apparently Barcelona has a buy-back option for the future, I've read? 

• The title was changed to Jean-Clair Todibo - Barcelona Defender Joins Schalke
35 minutes ago, Tommy said:

And apparently Barcelona has a buy-back option for the future, I've read? 

Yes, a 60 million Euros buy back clause, which wouldn't necessarily be such a bad deal if Barcelona did buy him back. As Schalke would still make a profit of nearly 30 million Euros if Barcelona took advantage of the clause and paid the required 60 million Euros.

• 8 months later...

Archived