talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bayern Fine Ribery For Social Media Outburst

• Subscriber

Bayern Munich have fined Franck Ribéry following his foul-mouthed response to criticism for eating a 1,200-euro gold covered steak at Salt Bae's plush Dubai restaurant. 

Here's the tweet (translated from French):

"For 2019, let's dot the i's and cross the t's...

Let's start with the jealous, the haters, those only born because a condom had a hole in: f*** your mothers, your grandmothers and even your family tree. I owe you nothing.

My success is, above all, thanks to God, me, and my loved ones who believed in me.

For the others, you're nothing but pebbles in my socks!"

---------------

Thoughts?... 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

He's gone well over-board with the 'fuck your mothers, grandmothers, family tree' etc. 

He can eat what he wants and spend what money he wants because he's earned it. Fair enough.

But don't become an ostentatious dickhead about it. Just enjoy what you have without being an arsehole. He has to realise in his position there's always going to be 'haters'. Surely he should know that by 35?!

• The title was changed to Bayern Fine Ribery For Social Media Outburst
  • Subscriber

Yet another tool with access to social media. Only serves as a proof that you can't buy class...

At any case I'm more concerned that anyone would even want to eat a gold covered steak made by that annoying salt throwing dude; nevermind for that amount of money haha. Just watched the actual video he posted and it makes me sick; the way he butchered that steak makes me want to throw it into a bin xD 

Cringe xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

If only we knew that cutting up steak provocatively and spraying salt in a seductive and weird (?!) way would make us millions eh xD 

Provocatively? The dude looks like he's got a meat fetish ffs xD 

5 hours ago, nudge said:

Provocatively? The dude looks like he's got a meat fetish ffs xD 

Apparently just after the camera stops rolling he actually mounts the steak and has his way with it. 

#Specialsauce

32 minutes ago, Spike said:

What a fucking cocksucker, always has been always will be’ comtinue fucking underage girls you shite

He is. But I feel sorry for celebrities. They are so regularly a subject of vitriol and in the modern age of unfiltered internet comments it would be incredibly tough to shut it out and just go on enjoying your life. 

• Subscriber

I'm a bit 50/50. He's retaliated to the people who have probably said much worse to him. Which he will have had to deal with his whole career. Personal insults to him and his family... probably threats? However, unfortunately... it's all part of being famous, you need to deal with 'haters'.

He's responding to a group of people, nobody personally. The more important matter is I think more needs to be done with these people who live off being internet trolls.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Harry said:

He is. But I feel sorry for celebrities. They are so regularly a subject of vitriol and in the modern age of unfiltered internet comments it would be incredibly tough to shut it out and just go on enjoying your life. 

3 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I'm a bit 50/50. He's retaliated to the people who have probably said much worse to him. Which he will have had to deal with his whole career. Personal insults to him and his family... probably threats? However, unfortunately... it's all part of being famous, you need to deal with 'haters'.

He's responding to a group of people, nobody personally. The more important matter is I think more needs to be done with these people who live off being internet trolls.

Agree to a certain degree, especially with the part about weirdos obsessed with following and harassing celebrities (or anyone else, for that matter) online. Sad individuals. That said, however, nobody forces anyone to run a public social media account accessible to everyone out there. There are loads of celebrities who keep their private life, well, private... if one decides to put one's private life into the spotlight and whore it out for more attention then one should not be surprised with the consequences of it.

Sad - all very sad.

I am not one for Ribery's greatest fans, but I can respect his ability to do things on the field that I and my friends never could.  I also know of how much time and money he gives to supporting Charities which he has no reason to do other than perhaps a little humanity that he has and which we do not see on the field of battle.  That, however,  does not allow him to abuse his position - namely being followed on social garbage sites where he can use whatever language he chooses - not nice, not necessary and not his finest moment - but then that is today's Social Crappia - unmonitored and take the money thank you!  For those on here who have commented - some are worthy of reading - others are simply just as bad - if not worse - than what he did - sometimes one should look inwards and not cast the first stone!:thumbdown:

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Anyone who pays that for a steak deserves abuse. Get a decent one for £5.00 down Aldi.

Their steaks are arguably the best ones out of all the Supermarket steaks i've tried!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, nudge said:

Agree to a certain degree, especially with the part about weirdos obsessed with following and harassing celebrities (or anyone else, for that matter) online. Sad individuals. That said, however, nobody forces anyone to run a public social media account accessible to everyone out there. There are loads of celebrities who keep their private life, well, private... if one decides to put one's private life into the spotlight and whore it out for more attention then one should not be surprised with the consequences of it.

But why is it acceptable in this day and age that the consequences have to be horrible abuse? It's become the norm and almost accepted. People should be able to post what they want without receiving abuse daily.

If Ribery wants to spend his money that he has earned on a stupid gold steak, then so be it. More fool him xD. He deserves a bit of stick but he doesn't deserve abuse. There's a line and online troll mongs cross that line. He shouldn't have retaliated with his stupid tweet. but the crap he received also isn't acceptable. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SchalkeUK said:

You see!  Even Lancashire and Yorkshire can sometimes agree!

Who's from where? I'm from both xD

I live in Yorkshire now but travel to Lancashire every day for my job.

• Subscriber
Just now, JOSHBRFC said:

But why is it acceptable in this day and age that the consequences have to be horrible abuse? It's become the norm and almost accepted. People should be able to post what they want without receiving abuse daily.

If Ribery wants to spend his money that he has earned on a stupid gold steak, then so be it. More fool him xD. He deserves a bit of stick but he doesn't deserve abuse.

It's not acceptable but is there any way to avoid it other than not participating or at least making one's profile private and accessible to friends/family/acquaintances only? He knows what the internet and social media is like and still chooses to participate actively and even fuels the hatred in a controversial manner; so he shouldn't be surprised when things go wrong as they usually do. That doesn't mean that the abuse is by any means justified, but it is easily avoidable, that's all I'm saying.

• Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

It's not acceptable but is there any way to avoid it other than not participating or at least making one's profile private and accessible to friends/family/acquaintances only? He knows what the internet and social media is like and still chooses to participate actively and even fuels the hatred in a controversial manner; so he shouldn't be surprised when things go wrong as they usually do. That doesn't mean that the abuse is by any means justified, but it is easily avoidable, that's all I'm saying.

I get what you're saying. Me personally if i was famous i probably wouldn't have or use my social media accounts as i see myself as quite a private*(and maybe boring) person. And no matter what you post certain individuals will find a negative. 

It could be avoided yes, and with a post like that he will get certain things said to him, which he deserves to a certain extent. He has been fined and justifiably so, as a professional you can't say those things to millions of people. I just think more work needs to be done to stop these people who live off making other peoples life a misery.

3 hours ago, nudge said:

I think the best solution is to hire someone else to run your online profile and not even have the access yourself. 

That would only work if they used an alias rather than your real name. Then you could upset no one and everyone at the same time - a bit like the ex Man U boss and the present 04 Manager.  Trouble is they both do what they do openly and not sure which sucks most.  As for Josh's question I have been an 04 idiot since 1949 and live halfway between Huddersfield Town and Leeds United so pain comes naturally most of the time - no at the moment in the BL - all of the time and when one of your best young guys (see pic) posts a daft picture without realising how it can be interpreted for what it shows, then Social Media convinces me that my decision never to buy or own a Mobile Phone was one of my better decisions in life!  This site is my only sin (father forgive me! - I tried not to do it, turned over a new leaf - then tore right through it!)

Edit:  Sorry I forgot to include the Mea Culpa bit!

Archived