Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Carabao Cup 2018/19 Semi-Final - Tottenham 1-0 Chelsea (1st Leg)

Kick-off 20.00

Currently Giroud, Willian and Pedro out with Ruben highly doubtful. It will be interesting to see what team we field tomorrow. Not too excited, i think we won't do as bad as the last time around.

We really don't need this game with the amount of injuries we have. Reckon we will field this. 

Kepa

Dave---Rudiger---Luiz---Alonso

Jorginho

Kante---Kovacic

CHO-------------------------Hazard

Morata

Eager to see the lineup. Will say a lot about CHO's future if he isn't in the 18

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Eager to see the lineup. Will say a lot about CHO's future if he isn't in the 18

Think he will start tonight, however if he isn't in the team he is as good as gone. Bayern upped their bid to 35 mill according to Sky.

56 minutes ago, True Blue said:

@Storts are you feeling optimistic babes?

Never. 1-2 I think 

As if.

Kane will get his usual goal & Eriksen will produce another worldie in the form of a goal or assist. 

Na, i think you’ll beat us, can’t see us winning twice in a season 

Should be a good tie this over two legs if both sides take it seriously. Spurs should really have the beating of Chelsea, but Chelsea are always pretty wily by the time they get to this stage in a cup competition and we all know about Spurs' reputation in the same situation.

I find it hard to see either of them beating City in the final though.

#TOTCHE Gazzaniga, Trippier, Sanchez, Alderweireld, Rose, winks, Sissoko, Ali, Eriksen, Son, Kane

Kepa, Azpi, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, Jorginho, Kante, Barkley, Hudson-Odoi, Hazard, Willian

Odoi :banana:

Willian :dam:

Reckon Tottenham win 3-1 with Chelsea scoring first.

Going to be a struggle for us tonight I think.. our lack of cutting edge up front and our ability to always concede means Spurs have the advantage.. If we play well and are solid at the back we might get a draw but Spurs will need to have an off day in front of goal

Can't remember the last time I watched one of these semi finals apart from when we were in it a few years ago, should be a good watch this.

Barkley getting found out is mildly amusing and very predictable.

However, Chelsea will still be laughing because West Ham will still give them £35m for him at some point in the next 18-24 months. Decent profit.

No point arguing with the ref it;s a clear penalty for me... 

VAR doing it's job. Kane was just onside and clearly fouled by Kepa. Penalty awarded and scored. 1-0.

Good use of VAR there. Flagged offside originally and Kane goes through to win a penalty.

VAR shows Kane was (just) onside and therefore penalty stays.

Kane slots the penalty away. 1-0.

That's a bit of a tricky one for me. Yes he's onside and yes he's been fouled, but the very fact the linesman flags... does that not kind of mean you've therefore counted some of the play when the ball has gone dead?

7 minutes ago, Dan said:

That's a bit of a tricky one for me. Yes he's onside and yes he's been fouled, but the very fact the linesman flags... does that not kind of mean you've therefore counted some of the play when the ball has gone dead?

The linesman delayed flagging (as they're instructed to) and the ball is technically only dead when the ref blows his whistle, not necessarily whenever linesman flags.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

The linesman delayed flagging (as they're instructed to) and the ball is technically only dead when the ref blows his whistle, not necessarily whenever linesman flags.

Fair enough. That works.

Chelsea are rubbish but it's Tottenham.

Bit unfortunate. Rudiger should've done better there. Spurs haven't threaten at all. 

Thought we've played well. Much better showing than in the league. Great to see Hazard encourage Odoi's every attempt on goal.

Odoi nearly getting very lucky to equalise. Deflected cross just tipped on to the bar by Lloris and bounces out for Alderweireld to clear.

The atmosphere is fucking terrible. Awful game all around.

Chelsea are hard to gauge for me. Basically trying to do the right things but so many players ill-suited to what Sarri is trying to do, as well as that glaring hole up front. It's a strange one as they initially seemed to adapt so well to the new tactics, but overall it isn't surprising. I think given time and the right players, Sarri will succeed, but it will take patience.

Just now, RandoEFC said:

Chelsea are hard to gauge for me. Basically trying to do the right things but so many players ill-suited to what Sarri is trying to do, as well as that glaring hole up front. It's a strange one as they initially seemed to adapt so well to the new tactics, but overall it isn't surprising. I think given time and the right players, Sarri will succeed, but it will take patience.

Our left side is appalling. Willian, Barkley, and Alonso linking up is such an eye sore. 

Odoi actually did well with the space Spurs gave him. Don't think we have ever said that about Willian in the 5 years he's been with us.